Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Not a worry. Sure isn't Bendtner still at the club.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ONeill on July 04, 2012, 05:35:33 PM
Not a worry. Sure isn't Bendtner still at the club.

Not for much longer, there's rumours of swap deal from Barca, Messi + 10m cash...
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

He's seen who Arsene got in and thought feck this for a game of cricket. If only they'd gone for Defoe, Walker, Parker and Kaboul.

Here's hoping that the EPL is shite enough for Podolski to net 30 goals.

Any chance this is a warning shot to Wenger to up his targets in the next month?

The Worker

Spurs in for van persie apparently

Evil Genius

Quote from: ONeill on July 04, 2012, 05:47:32 PMHe's seen who Arsene got in and thought feck this for a game of cricket. If only they'd gone for Defoe, Walker, Parker and Kaboul.
You know things are grim when the best (only?) consolation for the loss of your star player is a silly dig at your rivals...
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

ONeill

Arsenal hit back. They expect him to stick it out for another season.

Quote from: Evil Genius on July 04, 2012, 07:13:17 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 04, 2012, 05:47:32 PMHe's seen who Arsene got in and thought feck this for a game of cricket. If only they'd gone for Defoe, Walker, Parker and Kaboul.
You know things are grim when the best (only?) consolation for the loss of your star player is a silly dig at your rivals...

You kill me. "Rivals". Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 04, 2012, 07:18:34 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 04, 2012, 07:16:48 PM
Arsenal hit back. They expect him to stick it out for another season.
Quote from: Evil Genius on July 04, 2012, 07:13:17 PM

You kill me. "Rivals". Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Where you haer this???

ONeill

Club statement: Robin van Persie

Arsenal Football Club has issued the following statement with regard to Robin van Persie's future:

"

We have to respect Robin's decision not to renew his contract. Robin has one year to run on his current contract and we are confident that he will fulfil his commitments to the Club.

"We are planning with ambition and confidence for next season with Arsenal's best interests in mind."

Walter Cronc

Quote from: ONeill on July 04, 2012, 07:26:09 PM
Club statement: Robin van Persie

Arsenal Football Club has issued the following statement with regard to Robin van Persie's future:

"

We have to respect Robin's decision not to renew his contract. Robin has one year to run on his current contract and we are confident that he will fulfil his commitments to the Club.

"We are planning with ambition and confidence for next season with Arsenal's best interests in mind."

Interesting quote there. I've thought for a while now that they will keep him until Jan then sell to Juve!

ONeill

That would mess up the CL value then. I thought it was a damage limitation quote from Arsenal - making interested clubs up their fee in order to 'prize' him away.

Walter Cronc

Yeah read a few blogs and a similar statement was released prior to Nasri being sold last year.

Got this from Arseblog. Take it they are referring to City!

It is reported that the club had no idea van Persie was releasing a statement today and were rather blindsided by the captain's online declaration which was drafted for him by lawyers and agents.

What could have been a civilised, if difficult, situation now looks as if it's going to get nasty as speculation over the need to release such a divisive statement mounts. Will this make the club dig their heels in and hold him to his final year or will the remarks about the 'fundamental disagreements' mean van Persie's position becomes untenable?
It seems a real shame that Robin, who claims to love the club and care for the fans, has gone about this in such a disrespectful manner, and it looks as if the reason behind it is to force a move to a club that he couldn't go to without a fight. And I think we all know which club that is.

Meanwhile, Mark Gonnella, the club's Director of Communications, has denied that Ivan Gazidis is away on two weeks holiday, saying, "Ivan is not on a two week holiday. Such things do not exist for Chief Executives at football clubs or anywhere else."
So you'd have to ask why van Persie made reference to that in his statement, if not to cause trouble.
What a shame this all is

ONeill

CorkMan

Santi Cazorla due in Llondon to finalise his transfer to Arsenal in the next 48 hours.

Dinny Breen

All our Christmases coming at once...
#newbridgeornowhere