Sounds ominous from RVP

Missed it. What did he say? Fair well?

Minder

Quote from: EC Unique on May 13, 2012, 06:28:00 PM
Quote from: Minder on May 13, 2012, 06:04:45 PM
Sounds ominous from RVP

He was asked would his future be sorted out quickly and he said -

"You never know. #AFC is a massive club, a great club. I have been playing here for eight years and I love this club. Whatever happens that will never change."
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

norabeag

Quote from: EC Unique on May 13, 2012, 06:28:00 PM
Quote from: Minder on May 13, 2012, 06:04:45 PM
Sounds ominous from RVP

No says he is moving to a much better place and will sign for Liverpool but only if they widen the goals as apparently the post was hit 40 times this year.  ::)

Tony Baloney

Had them wrote off at Xmas and Dinny set everyone straight. Up the Arse.

If they kept RVP and had Podolsky they'd give it a lash next season. Still suspect at the back.

ONeill

Far too suspect at the back and worryingly Vermaelan seemed to be rocking as the season ended. 49 league goals conceded this season. That tally seems to be rising by the year. I just cannot see how that defensive squad could ever shore up. The reinforcements this year were dubious. Santos is no defender. Mertesecker - 50/50. Jenkinson. Szczesney started to wobble too but I'm fine with him. I'll never be convinced by Gibbs.

There's enough talent in midfield and attack to challenge but only if the back 4 can offer some kind of encouragement. A good defensive midfielder would help. I see Gattuso's available.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on May 14, 2012, 12:11:55 AM
Far too suspect at the back and worryingly Vermaelan seemed to be rocking as the season ended. 49 league goals conceded this season. That tally seems to be rising by the year. I just cannot see how that defensive squad could ever shore up. The reinforcements this year were dubious. Santos is no defender. Mertesecker - 50/50. Jenkinson. Szczesney started to wobble too but I'm fine with him. I'll never be convinced by Gibbs.

There's enough talent in midfield and attack to challenge but only if the back 4 can offer some kind of encouragement. A good defensive midfielder would help. I see Gattuso's available.
Ten years ago it would have been half that.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ONeill on May 14, 2012, 12:11:55 AM

Arsenal use to have a great defensive record under Wenger including once only conceding 17 goals in an EPL season, the personal has changed though so hopefully Steve Bould will be giving the responsibility of sorting it out once and for all but I have too have doubts over Santos and TV5 but conversely think Mertesecker and Gibbs are good defenders but Jenkinson and Kos have serious positional sense issues that needs to addressed. Song I think is the root of Arsenal's recent blip, he bloody thinks he's Xavi and Makelele rolled into one and his lack of defensive discipline is shocking especially without Arteta along side him.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 13, 2012, 11:25:18 PM
Had them wrote off at Xmas and Dinny set everyone straight. Up the Arse.

If they kept RVP and had Podolsky they'd give it a lash next season. Still suspect at the back.

Na I can be just as delusional as a Liverpool supporter.

The continuous anti-Wenger and Arsenal in crisis copy just aggravated as it was all just based on subjective opinion and not fact and people just seemed to base their opinions on this.

So the worst Arsenal side of the Wenger era finished ahead of the best Spurs side in recent memory, a rejuvenated Liverpool under KK and the billions of Chelsea, go figure. Somehow it will still be Arsenal in crisis come the summer and I see the RVP will he won't has already started.

If it was me I'd sell him, the Euro's will kn**ker him....
#newbridgeornowhere

orangeman

Disaster looming -

Robin van Persie has made it clear that he is not willing to sign a new contract in the immediate future, sparking fears that Arsenal are facing yet another damaging summer transfer saga.

Arsenal had hoped to resolve Van Persie's future before Euro 2012 but a meeting involving Arsene Wenger and chief executive Ivan Gazidis provided limited encouragement.

It is understood Van Persie, who yesterday joined up with the Holland squad, made it known he was not currently prepared to commit his long-term future to the club. Manchester City and Juventus are both closely monitoring the situation and there is now a mounting sense that Van Persie is waiting to see what options emerge and how the transfer window unfolds. Juventus are prepared to at least match Arsenal's offer of around £130,000-a-week but Manchester City could pay well in excess of £200,000-a-week.

Van Persie has not said he wants to leave but, with only one year left on his contract, he is in a strong position. Arsenal have indicated they would be prepared to hold Van Persie to his contract for one more season, even if that meant losing him for nothing next year. However, they did also make the same threat last year to Samir Nasri before accepting £24m from City.

There is now a private acceptance at Arsenal that the Van Persie situation is unlikely to be swiftly resolved, with Patrick Vieira, their former captain, yesterday questioning his old club's strategy.

centre 3/4s

Thought all this transfer and contract sh*te was going to be sorted out before the Euro's? A case of deja vu here looming as was the case with Fabregas and Nasri waiting till the season was upon us again to piss off.... If he wants to go let him run on and we will take as much as we can get for him, after all he has had one good season. I think people tend to forget that he is injury prone and hardly kicked a descent ball for us in the past 3 or 4 years yet when his contract is coming to an end he can seem to play through the pain barrier, f**king mercenary if ye ask me. Yes he is a good striker and has been scoring a few goals this year but he will get his nose out of joint if he stays because Podolski will be the main man and VP will be playing second fiddle

ONeill

Ach let him go if he wants to. He hasn't all that long left and if he wants to experience a medal or two and Arsenal cannot match that ambition then good luck to him.

As for Podolski - I wouldn't get too excited by him. Average club stats. Munich let him go a couple of years ago.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

Decent result/performance there.
Might get a lock of shillings for Nicklas too.

Dinny Breen

QuoteThis is an update for the fans about my current situation. I have kept quiet all this time out of respect and loyalty for the club and as agreed with Mr. Gazidis and Mr. Wenger, but since there is so much speculation in the media, I think it is fair for you guys to know what's really going on at the moment.

As announced earlier this year I had a meeting with the Boss and Mr. Gazidis after the season. This was a meeting about the club's future strategy and their policy. Financial terms or a contract have not been discussed, since that is not my priority at all.

I personally have had a great season but my goal has been to win trophies with the team and to bring the club back to its glory days. Out of my huge respect for Mr. Wenger, the players and the fans I don't want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward.

I've thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions.

I love the club and the fans, no matter what happens. I have grown up and became a man during my time with Arsenal FC. Everybody at the club and the fans have always supported me over the years and I have always given my all (and more) on and off the pitch. I am very proud of being part of this fantastic club for the last 8 years.

As soon as Mr. Gazidis is back from his 2-week holiday in America further meetings will follow and I will update you if and when there are more developments.

Robin van Persie

Ah feck it anyway, if anyone asks I'm now from Kerry raised in New Zealand and support Man United.
#newbridgeornowhere