Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy90

Quote from: ONeill on May 02, 2012, 10:33:18 PM
Sorta hoping it'll be done and dusted on Sunday night. Spuds away to a Villa Vile fighting for their lives. Newc v Man City.

I hope they help to send them down.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ONeill on May 02, 2012, 10:33:18 PM
Sorta hoping it'll be done and dusted on Sunday night. Spuds away to a Villa fighting for their lives. Newc v Man City.

Looks like a draw at best for Newcastle but I'd fancy the Spuds to beat Villa, Villa have just been dire.

Still if Arsenal can't beat two mid-table teams more worried about the beach then they deserve not to be in the UCL and ironically enough it they weren't in the UCL next season could be their best chance yet in recent years of winning the PL, they just don't have the squad to compete on both fronts.
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Careful Dinny, that's almost Liverpool-esque delusion :) Most of Arsenal's cat, cat form this year came before the CL started or after they were knocked out didn't it?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 03, 2012, 11:56:39 AM
Careful Dinny, that's almost Liverpool-esque delusion :) Most of Arsenal's cat, cat form this year came before the CL started or after they were knocked out didn't it?

Yea probably is but we'll see...

Arsenal had two blips - start of the season 7 points in 7 games and post Christmas with 5 points in 5 games - of course they would play Man United in those 2 spells

Both blips highlight how fragile Arsenals squad is as they came when games were coming thick and fast.
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Possibly in the midst of a third blip - 2 pts from 3 games.

Mad season. The crappiest Arsenal side in recent years but on ther verge of a higher finish. Somehow, a c**k-up v WBA (or Norwich) seems apt.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

GAA_Talk

Lucas Podolski said he moved to Arsenal to win trophies. And they say the Germans don't have a good sense of humour. :D

the Deel Rover

2-1 To Nowich could be a great result for Spurs and Newcastle fans if is stays like this
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ONeill

the Deel Rover

Its been a funny auld season no one seems to want to win the league or qualify for the champions league.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

ONeill

Part of me wants this to happen.

I'm sick.

the Deel Rover

2-2 Van Persie appears to be a cracker of a game
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

SHEEDY

nil satis nisi optimum

The Worker

the Deel Rover

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 05, 2012, 02:26:50 PM
van persie again 3-2

this would not be a great result for spurs or newcastle fans if it stays like this
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Minder

Quote from: the Deel Rover on May 05, 2012, 02:28:49 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on May 05, 2012, 02:26:50 PM
van persie again 3-2

this would not be a great result for spurs or newcastle fans if it stays like this

3-3
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"