Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Spuds get a point.

Oh God. Not Djourou.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

From the Bunker

Quote from: ONeill on March 21, 2012, 09:42:57 PM
Spuds get a point.

Oh God. Not Djourou.

Pennant should have had a peno at the end!
Ref bottled it!

ONeill

Phew again.

Can't believe Arsenal have pulled it back to third place now. How the feck did that happen?

As Gerry says - a fighting performance from circa 1988.

Dinny Breen

That was like George Graham's Arsenal with the amount of off-sides from Everton, although due more to dodgy officiating than an Arsenal high line. Still defended pretty well and Everton were just all huff and puff without creating any clear chances, apart from the off-side goal which should have stood. To counter that the Gooners should have a penalty for a blatant foul on Rosicky.

3rd now and only 15 points off Man U now.....
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 21, 2012, 09:57:02 PM
That was like George Graham's Arsenal with the amount of off-sides from Everton

Was expecting to see Adams' statue appear in the box, arm stretched, glaring at the lino.

Puckoon

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 21, 2012, 09:57:02 PM
That was like George Graham's Arsenal with the amount of off-sides from Everton, although due more to dodgy officiating than an Arsenal high line. Still defended pretty well and Everton were just all huff and puff without creating any clear chances, apart from the off-side goal which should have stood. To counter that the Gooners should have a penalty for a blatant foul on Rosicky.

3rd now and only 15 points off Man U now.....

Love it Dinny.

Main Street

Is this the sound of the vessels filling up?

ONeill

Interesting that Wenger still prefers Walcott over Oxlade. Apart from experience I cannot see what Theo offers above the younger lad. Even Gervinho was more dangerous for the 15 mins he was on the field.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ONeill on March 22, 2012, 08:01:47 PM
Interesting that Wenger still prefers Walcott over Oxlade. Apart from experience I cannot see what Theo offers above the younger lad. Even Gervinho was more dangerous for the 15 mins he was on the field.

It might be a case of easing him in gently so he doesn't burn out like Wilshere?
#newbridgeornowhere

Windmill abu

QuoteInteresting that Wenger still prefers Walcott over Oxlade. Apart from experience I cannot see what Theo offers above the younger lad. Even Gervinho was more dangerous for the 15 mins he was on the field.

QuoteIt might be a case of easing him in gently so he doesn't burn out like Wilshere?

if wenger has a weakness. it is introducing prospective talent too early
Never underestimate the power of complaining

ONeill

Need to keep the run going tomorrow. Our very own Gerry is off to the Emirates to see the Villa game tomorrow. Hope he has a better day than I did the three times I watched Arse v Villa. 0-1, 2-3 and 1-1. Got to see Bendtner play in the flesh though.

Hard to know what to think about Chelsea/Spuds. A Spurs win will make Chelsea's top 4 chances much weaker. A draw is ok. Yet, watching Spurs' present demise is sorta warming. Spurs have a decent run-in.

gerry

a draw would do ok but seeing spurs drop further is hard to beat
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ONeill on March 23, 2012, 11:06:26 PM
Need to keep the run going tomorrow. Our very own Gerry is off to the Emirates to see the Villa game tomorrow. Hope he has a better day than I did the three times I watched Arse v Villa. 0-1, 2-3 and 1-1. Got to see Bendtner play in the flesh though.

Hard to know what to think about Chelsea/Spuds. A Spurs win will make Chelsea's top 4 chances much weaker. A draw is ok. Yet, watching Spurs' present demise is sorta warming. Spurs have a decent run-in.

Wow, one for the grand-children..

Like Gerry I would take the draw as McLeish always parks the bus and sends his teams out to work hard but I think with the rumors of discontent in Villa I can't see them having the spirit to apply the work rate required to frustrate The Arsenal so it should be 7 in a row...
#newbridgeornowhere

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ONeill

I think Gerry was talking about a draw in the Chelsea/Spuds game Dinny. I'd be v disappointed if Arsenal only drew today. Have to beat a bottom half team at home. Was looking through Villa's results and they rarely lose by more than a goal.