Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

ONeill

Good start for the kid Thierry. If he keeps his head down and works hard he might make it. I thought he was a bit lost for pace and his tackling needs work but he has a few years on his side and hopefully will turn out to be a bit better than Chamakh. Walcott's a class act and playing alongside Theo can only work wonders for the Frenchman's career.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on January 09, 2012, 11:36:39 PM
Good start for the kid Thierry. If he keeps his head down and works hard he might make it. I thought he was a bit lost for pace and his tackling needs work but he has a few years on his side and hopefully will turn out to be a bit better than Chamakh. Walcott's a class act and playing alongside Theo can only work wonders for the Frenchman's career.

Are you certain you are not from Mayo?
MWWSI 2017

BennyCake

BennyHarp

Henry scores a gimme against probably the Championships worst defence (which was also ravaged by injury) and celebrates like he has just punched the winner in a world cup qualifier. Meanwhile the press nearly cream all over the back pages. I thought I was over it - but I'm not.
That was never a square ball!!

nrico2006

Scholes hardly gifted City a goal, he played a poor pass that Evra didn't even attempt to win back and there was alot still to do to score.

On Henry, great scenes last night.  Not sure about his new look though, has he found god or something?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Billys Boots

Grayson needs to improve that back four or Leeds are stuck where they are for the forseeable future.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Doogie Browser

Must sicken Arshavin to see Henry come back and make an impact like that, was talk of Barca looking for him a few years ago (Arshavin).  Currently I doubt if even Barnsley would be interested in him.

supersub

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 10, 2012, 07:51:29 AM
Henry scores a gimme against probably the Championships worst defence (which was also ravaged by injury) and celebrates like he has just punched the winner in a world cup qualifier. Meanwhile the press nearly cream all over the back pages. I thought I was over it - but I'm not.

I take it this is just being dramatic for effect. It was a brilliantly composed finish. Something which everyone but Van Persie is lacking in the current Arsenal team!

bridgegael

cannot help but think henrys return will have a bad affect on van persies performance,  at the min vp is the main man, but now that henry is bac all attention will be on him.  henry is top dog again.   i could be talking bollocks too though. time will tell
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

BennyHarp

Quote from: bridgegael on January 10, 2012, 12:12:26 PM
cannot help but think henrys return will have a bad affect on van persies performance,  at the min vp is the main man, but now that henry is bac all attention will be on him.  henry is top dog again.   i could be talking bollocks too though. time will tell

Funnily enough - i was thinking thinking this myself last night as I watched Henry strut around and milk the crowd for all it was worth. Van Persie has thrived under the pressure of being the top man and the undisputed crowd favourite since Henry and Fabregas left. I wonder will the change in dynamics that Henry brings impact on him. Probably not!
That was never a square ball!!