Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

£30 million  ???

Arsenal try their best not to disclose fees but from the Guardian

Chamberlain was £5m up front with another £5m in add-ons, Gervinho £10m and Campbell and Jenkinso signed for a reported £1m each so £22m so that leaves about £70m plus in the kitty if you base it on Fabregas (£35m), Nasri (£22m), Bendtner (£11m) and Eboue (£3m) plus the alleged £30m in the kitty for Mr Wenger already.

They could just pay money of the stadium though  8)
#newbridgeornowhere

Hoof Hearted

i wonder has fabregas any regrets ? Years trying to win a medal in London and he is barely off the plane in Spain until he had a winners medal !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

gawa316

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 18, 2011, 12:49:28 PM
£30 million  ???

Chamberlain was £5m up front with another £5m in add-ons, Gervinho £10m and Campbell and Jenkinso signed for a reported £1m each so £22m so that leaves about £70m plus in the kitty if you base it on Fabregas (£35m), Nasri (£22m), Bendtner (£11m) and Eboue (£3m) plus the alleged £30m in the kitty for Mr Wenger already.

Sorry thought the southampton kid went for 18 mil.

Has Bendtner left? Who in their right mind would pay 11 mil?

Bingo

Should Arsenal not be all over Modric and others. I know its early but i'm sure they know for weeks that Fab and Nasri were going and replacements will be needed.

I thought Rafa was stubborn but Wegner takes the biscuit.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: gawa316 on August 18, 2011, 03:15:11 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 18, 2011, 12:49:28 PM
£30 million  ???

Sorry thought the southampton kid went for 18 mil.

Has Bendtner left? Who in their right mind would pay 11 mil?

Stoke, Munich and Lisbon all interested, Lisbon have had a 9 mill offer rejected as The Arse as is their stubborn way are holding out for 11 m.

He's a better player than Chamakh just not as good as he thinks he is..
#newbridgeornowhere

Puckoon

So Arsene has some money to spend - trouble is anyone we go for is going to be over inflated right now due to this perception (truth) that we desperately need to strengthen the squad.

Should he pay over the odds?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Puckoon on August 18, 2011, 05:27:15 PM
So Arsene has some money to spend - trouble is anyone we go for is going to be over inflated right now due to this perception (truth) that we desperately need to strengthen the squad.

Yes but he won't.
#newbridgeornowhere

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 18, 2011, 11:04:50 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on August 18, 2011, 05:27:15 PM

Yes but he won't.

He wont, or is not allowed ? If it's the latter, it;s a hard situation for a manager

ildanach

scott dann didn't play for birmingham tonight. presume that was to stop hime getting cup tied for the champions league / europa league.
So it will be him cahill or jagekla tomorrow / monday (hopefully)
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Hashtag

Quote from: ildanach on August 18, 2011, 11:15:29 PM
scott dann didn't play for birmingham tonight. presume that was to stop hime getting cup tied for the champions league / europa league.
So it will be him cahill or jagekla tomorrow / monday (hopefully)

If Dann had to played last night it would of meant he would only of been ineligible for any Champions League qualifiers. He would of been available for the Group Stages. In saying that if Arsenal fail to qualify for the CL he would of been ineligible for the Europa League (if he had of been played)

ONeill

I know Liverpool haven't won at Arsenal in yonks but I fear what they could do today.

Who's in midfield today? Ramsey, Dinny and Puckoon. Gerry on the wing.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Chesney
Sagna - Kos - Verm - Jenkinson
Frimpong - Ramsey - Arshavin - Walcott
NASRI
Van P

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: ONeill on August 20, 2011, 11:53:23 AM
Chesney
Sagna - Kos - Verm - Jenkinson
Frimpong - Ramsey - Arshavin - Walcott
NASRI
Van P

who the f**k is he ?

ONeill

He's one of the Frimpongs from Glenelly.

Hoof Hearted