Author Topic: What TV to Buy  (Read 51628 times)

oakleaflad

• View Profile
Re: What TV to Buy
« Reply #375 on: October 11, 2021, 10:49:58 AM »
Bit of a random one and didnít know where to post but anyone having problems watching gaa club games on beo.sportlive on their TVsí,itís a deadly service and can watch on my phone or tablet but when I try to on the Sony smart tv I have it just lags and stutters.

I just use the internet explorer app on the tv to watch it,would using chrome or some other browser help?? Maybe some setting that is preventing it from playing? Canít seem to get the screen mirroring working from my iPhone to the tv either,maybe it needs to be an Apple TV.

Is there such a thing as a lead you can get that you plug into the iPhone and into the tv that allows your phone screen to appear on your tv?? I could play the game on the phone and watch it on the tv thru the lead??

Sorry for such a random post of questions
Sounds like a Chromecast would help you. Plug it into the TV and cast video or the phone/tablet screen to your TV.

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 11, 2021, 11:13:55 AM »
Some TVs have a mirroring function as well. Maybe check that first.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 11, 2021, 11:25:17 AM »

Yeah try the screen mirroring function on the phone, the wife would have used that for the likes of training classes during lockdown
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

bigfrank

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 11, 2021, 12:48:03 PM »

Yeah googled that option and tried to set it up but can never get the option of my tv to show up on the screen mirroring section of phone. Random thing is if Iím watching a video on Facebook it always alerts me to the option of connecting to my tv and watching it there,does it quickly and works every time but that option donít seem available when Iím watching gaa game on beosport.annoying watching on phone when 55Ē across the room.

Il have a look at this chrome cast option that was mentioned above maybe

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 11, 2021, 04:16:04 PM »

Yeah googled that option and tried to set it up but can never get the option of my tv to show up on the screen mirroring section of phone. Random thing is if Iím watching a video on Facebook it always alerts me to the option of connecting to my tv and watching it there,does it quickly and works every time but that option donít seem available when Iím watching gaa game on beosport.annoying watching on phone when 55Ē across the room.

Il have a look at this chrome cast option that was mentioned above maybe

From my own experience, the difference in performance  between mirroring and casting via a Chromecast is night and day. Chromecast is a great piece of kit.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 11, 2021, 05:24:26 PM »
Can someone explain mirroring to me?

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 11, 2021, 06:00:15 PM »

Benny. A mirror image of your phone appears on your TV. You could for example start a movie, photo slideshow etc on your phone (everything you do is replicated or mirrored on the TV. You go full screen and it appears full screen on your TB. Can be quite laggy compared to casting.

Dar31

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 12, 2021, 12:30:52 AM »

Benny. A mirror image of your phone appears on your TV. You could for example start a movie, photo slideshow etc on your phone (everything you do is replicated or mirrored on the TV. You go full screen and it appears full screen on your TB. Can be quite laggy compared to casting.

A mirror image of your phone on the tv not a good idea the wife might find out who is txting you  ;D

WT4E

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 15, 2021, 10:24:48 PM »

general

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 18, 2021, 07:24:33 AM »
https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/jvc-lt-55cf890-fire-tv-edition-55-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-with-amazon-alexa-10195289-pdt.html

Highly recommend lads

In the market for a TV as last one fcuked.

Whats good about this one.

Are there likely to be reductions on black Friday?

If you use IPTV this is the tv for you - no fire stick required as its already built in. I also find it very responsive compared to using the firestick plugged into the tv.

I purchased a 65" for £599 4K Ultra HD which i found to be excellent value.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 18, 2021, 03:45:16 PM »
Resolution doesn't equate to picture quality. If you've the money and are prepared to spend it, an OLED from LG or QLED from Samsung or MicroLED from whoever is light years ahead of anything else in the market. A TV simply being labelled 4K or Ultra HD is meaningless. It should be pretty difficult to buy a new TV these days that isn't 4K.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"