What TV to Buy

Started by galwayman, September 16, 2008, 05:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

I have a 2 year old LG Smart tv. It went black screen yesterday as if a bulb went on it. Anyone any experience of this brand with similar issue. I've had a few lg tvs and this is the 1st I've had issue with.

StPatsAbu

Quote from: snoopdog on May 23, 2021, 09:19:04 PM
I have a 2 year old LG Smart tv. It went black screen yesterday as if a bulb went on it. Anyone any experience of this brand with similar issue. I've had a few lg tvs and this is the 1st I've had issue with.

Are you an Armagh fan? Most Armagh fans tvs  went off because they put their boot thru it after they missed the peno against Tyrone.

snoopdog

Quote from: StPatsAbu on May 23, 2021, 09:57:54 PM

Are you an Armagh fan? Most Armagh fans tvs  went off because they put their boot thru it after they missed the peno against Tyrone.
Worse, Down.

StPatsAbu

Quote from: snoopdog on May 23, 2021, 10:46:51 PM

Worse, Down.

That's the issue. Insurance job   ;)

ONeill

Did you completely unplug it?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JoG2

Quote from: ONeill on May 23, 2021, 11:19:06 PM

Yes, take the kettle lead out for 2 mins. Plug in and try again. Had a similar issue with an LG

Tony Baloney

Have had a few issues with LG LED TVs that were related to the LED strips so you might not be far off the mark re. "a bulb". If it is out of warranty your best bet is to take it to a local expert. I had the LED strips replaced in one amd prob got another 2-3 years out of it.

BennyCake

I'm sure if you asked Stefan Campbell nicely, he would buy you a replacement telly  ;D

snoopdog

Quote from: JoG2 on May 24, 2021, 12:18:08 AM
Quote from: ONeill on May 23, 2021, 11:19:06 PM

Yes, take the kettle lead out for 2 mins. Plug in and try again. Had a similar issue with an LG
Tried that also. No joy.

snoopdog

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 24, 2021, 12:32:57 AM
Have had a few issues with LG LED TVs that were related to the LED strips so you might not be far off the mark re. "a bulb". If it is out of warranty your best bet is to take it to a local expert. I had the LED strips replaced in one amd prob got another 2-3 years out of it.
Will do , cheers

bigfrank

Bit of a random one and didn't know where to post but anyone having problems watching gaa club games on beo.sportlive on their TVs',it's a deadly service and can watch on my phone or tablet but when I try to on the Sony smart tv I have it just lags and stutters.

I just use the internet explorer app on the tv to watch it,would using chrome or some other browser help?? Maybe some setting that is preventing it from playing? Can't seem to get the screen mirroring working from my iPhone to the tv either,maybe it needs to be an Apple TV.

Is there such a thing as a lead you can get that you plug into the iPhone and into the tv that allows your phone screen to appear on your tv?? I could play the game on the phone and watch it on the tv thru the lead??

Sorry for such a random post of questions

oakleaflad

Quote from: bigfrank on October 11, 2021, 10:35:06 AM
Bit of a random one and didn't know where to post but anyone having problems watching gaa club games on beo.sportlive on their TVs',it's a deadly service and can watch on my phone or tablet but when I try to on the Sony smart tv I have it just lags and stutters.

I just use the internet explorer app on the tv to watch it,would using chrome or some other browser help?? Maybe some setting that is preventing it from playing? Can't seem to get the screen mirroring working from my iPhone to the tv either,maybe it needs to be an Apple TV.

Is there such a thing as a lead you can get that you plug into the iPhone and into the tv that allows your phone screen to appear on your tv?? I could play the game on the phone and watch it on the tv thru the lead??

Sorry for such a random post of questions
Sounds like a Chromecast would help you. Plug it into the TV and cast video or the phone/tablet screen to your TV.

trueblue1234

Some TVs have a mirroring function as well. Maybe check that first.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 11, 2021, 11:13:55 AM

Yeah try the screen mirroring function on the phone, the wife would have used that for the likes of training classes during lockdown
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bigfrank

Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 11, 2021, 11:13:55 AM

Yeah googled that option and tried to set it up but can never get the option of my tv to show up on the screen mirroring section of phone. Random thing is if I'm watching a video on Facebook it always alerts me to the option of connecting to my tv and watching it there,does it quickly and works every time but that option don't seem available when I'm watching gaa game on beosport.annoying watching on phone when 55" across the room.

Il have a look at this chrome cast option that was mentioned above maybe