Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 619293 times)

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #7050 on: October 11, 2021, 10:10:22 PM »
They bigger but no where near as fit. Wilder from a boxing point of view is very limited, Fury fighting 2 stone overweight, Foreman who hits harder that Wilder would out Fury out. Fury size would be a major advantage against shorter heavyweights under 6ft but I believe Tyson (Mike) would knocked Fury out with close-in uppercuts.

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #7051 on: October 12, 2021, 08:34:04 AM »
They bigger but no where near as fit. Wilder from a boxing point of view is very limited, Fury fighting 2 stone overweight, Foreman who hits harder that Wilder would out Fury out. Fury size would be a major advantage against shorter heavyweights under 6ft but I believe Tyson (Mike) would knocked Fury out with close-in uppercuts.

Wait? What?

HiMucker

• View Profile
« Reply #7052 on: October 19, 2021, 09:48:26 PM »
Decided to watch the Tyson doc again on prime there.
And remembered agreeing with some of the posts here  that the current heavyweights absolutely would compete with previous eras no problem due to size. And agreeing that Fury probably just being humble about Tyson knocking him out in 30 secs. I'll be honest completely changed my mind again lol. Jesus nearly forgot how ferocious a puncher he was. The speed power, I haven't seeing anything like it since. I'd say Fury maybe isn't far wrong.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 10:01:25 PM by HiMucker »

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #7053 on: October 19, 2021, 09:56:24 PM »
Tyson at his peak was unreal, I personally think he was the greatest heavyweight ever but he was of my era and I watched (experienced) a lot of his fights, I can't say the same for Ali, Foreman, Frazier and the long list of Champs before them, few good uns since Tyson but not as good.

Man Marker

• View Profile
« Reply #7054 on: October 20, 2021, 10:49:26 AM »
The aggression, ferocity, power and shear badness that Tyson had for the short period he dominated was simply insane. Started to fall apart before the Buster Douglas fight, then he went to jail for rape. Got his act together in there and came out and butchered a few warm ups before destroying Bruno to regain the world title. After that we never saw the same Tyson. Parties, woman and drugs with multiple people taking advantage of his vulnerability.