American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Jameis definitely looked more like his old self. Couldn't resist an ill-judged heave.

Derrick Henry is a monster.

Lamar is a generational talent and anyone who says otherwise has nothing to point to other than race, exposing themselves for what we all know then to be.

oakleaflad

Quote from: gallsman on September 21, 2021, 11:12:24 AM
Jameis definitely looked more like his old self. Couldn't resist an ill-judged heave.

Derrick Henry is a monster.

Lamar is a generational talent and anyone who says otherwise has nothing to point to other than race, exposing themselves for what we all know then to be.
I think Lamar is great but he did throw a couple really bad INT's there too. I suppose it depends on your definition of generational. You'd have to have him behind Mahomes but he's definitely one of the top QB's of this generation. That was a great game to watch.

We've been spoiled having Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers all at the top for quite some time there. Be interesting to see how things play out once the last of those stops playing. I think we've more exciting QB's to watch now and the standard is generally higher without quite being at the same level at the very top.

thewobbler

Lamar is probably the greatest rushing QB of all time. But until he gets the Ravens over the line in a genuinely big game or two, where the QB is the reason why, then he can't described as a generational talent in that position.

magpie seanie

Sunday night was a big win for Lamar. He needed that one. I don't watch college football much but when I heard of some of the pinball numbers he was putting up I followed him for a while. The talent is outrageous. I think he's getting there as a thrower but not as good as the top throwers just yet. Unmatched as a runner ever though.

gawa316

Raiders 2-0...what could go wrong?!!

Also Fresno State beat UCLA. They probably should've beat Oregon as well, who beat Ohio State, again...what could go wrong!

Capt Pat

Chiefs struggling against the Chargers in Kansas. 14-3 down into the second half.

screenexile

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 26, 2021, 07:49:02 PM
Chiefs struggling against the Chargers in Kansas. 14-3 down into the second half.

Level at the 2min warning should be a good finish!

gallsman

Herbert is absolutely awesome. Overcame so absolutely brutal play calling. I sing6 think they'll win the West or anything but they're moving in the right direction at last. Plenty of talent, both young and veteran, on both sides of the ball.

Ravens stealing a win in Detroit with a record setting 66 yard walk-off FG was crazy.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Capt Pat

Jon Gruden has resigned as head coach of the Las Vegas Raiders. He made racist and homophobic comments in e mails about 10 years ago that were published in the Wall Street Journal and New York Times.

lurganblue

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 10, 2021, 06:03:00 PM
Redzone is brilliant.

The 4 games up and field goals going everywhere but between the sticks was great viewing.

J70

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 12, 2021, 01:11:31 PM
Jon Gruden has resigned as head coach of the Las Vegas Raiders. He made racist and homophobic comments in e mails about 10 years ago that were published in the Wall Street Journal and New York Times.

Not that it matters, but his emails and pronouncements go from 2010 to 2018.

At least he felt sufficient shame to resign.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on October 12, 2021, 03:24:02 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on October 12, 2021, 01:11:31 PM

Not that it matters, but his emails and pronouncements go from 2010 to 2018.

At least he felt sufficient shame to resign.
victimless crime how many wife/ girlfriend beaters are still playing?
One well known qb has 24 sexual assault allegations against him and is still eligible to play .
Thought crimes by a white coach are much worse

Capt Pat

The cowboys struggled to beat the Patriots eventually getting there in overtime. The cowboys are 5-1.

The vikings get to 3-3 with an overtime victory over the Panthers 34-28.

gallsman

Derrick muthafuckin' Henry. Preposterous.