Derry v Galway AISF Sat 9th July 5.30pm Croke Park

Started by screenexile, June 26, 2022, 07:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

The kickouts are a huge thing. Look at derry clare on saturday. Clare didn't press them so derry got the space to build as they wanted. You don't win your kickouts then you don't have the option for shot selection etc. Yes it's not the only thing but in hurling and football these days it's a huge thing.

Loughshore2022

I predicted a 10 point win against Clare, most people were bigging up Clare.

I don't know about Galway, I think Derry could win but I wouldn't bet on it.
I was in Cusack Lower in 2001 as a 9 year old, that was a difficult defeat to watch but this team is better than 2001. If they get to the final they are the joint 2nd best Derry team in history.

Captain Scarlet

Sean Kelly will surely be back if they are willing to admit he was not a guilty party, but will others be in trouble?
Who was on the ground with Rafferty? Comer and Morgan mouthing and dunting each other were the first ones to kick off too.

It's just something not mentioned yet amid all the other stuff.

Galway were very slow and seemed to be hanging on to it for the sake of it at the start but then they started punching through. Will they find these gaps at all versus Derry?

The good thing for Galway is that other lads stepped up well like Finnerty and McDaid.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

seafoid

Quote from: Loughshore2022 on June 27, 2022, 11:02:18 AM

I was in Cusack Lower in 2001 as a 9 year old, that was a difficult defeat to watch but this team is better than 2001. If they get to the final they are the joint 2nd best Derry team in history.
2 of TSG mentioned Derry's continuing improvement as if Donegal and Clare were top notch teams. I think it will be close.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

Donegal aren't that bad. They capitulated once beat by Derry but people say look what Armagh did to them forgetting they pretty much hammered Armagh too.

Clare weren't great but beat a division 1 team to get there. That seems to be forgotten too.

In saying that I still expect Galway to beat them.

oakleaflad

Hope Kelly gets to play, he should. Can't understand how we're favorites with the bookies. Galway gave us a right trimming in the league. They've serious forwards to give us bother. Galway have always been a bogey team for us as mentioned too.

I hope we don't change our style of play, i'd only really opt for the high ball if we fall behind, maybe bring Emmett Bradley in around the square. What we've been doing has worked so far so I wouldn't be changing things too much. Hopefully we've a lot more work done on the kickout as it was a major part of our downfall in the league.

Taylor

No one should be paying any attention to the league results.

Derry are rightly favourites for this game.

armaghniac

Quote from: Taylor on June 27, 2022, 12:04:43 PM

If a team learns from a defeat, whether it be Tyrone against Kerry last year or Armagh against Donegal this year, then they can reverse things second time around. I'd favour Derry here, they need a disciplined defence, Galway got too many frees against Armagh.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

yellowcard

I think Galway probably have the better footballers in the forward division but I would fancy Derry to win this match. They are very well drilled and everybody knows their job and Gallagher is arguably the best coach in Ireland. He will have his homework done on Galways danger men.   

smort

Quote from: yellowcard on June 27, 2022, 12:31:31 PM
I think Galway probably have the better footballers in the forward division but I would fancy Derry to win this match. They are very well drilled and everybody knows their job and Gallagher is arguably the best coach in Ireland. He will have his homework done on Galways danger men.   

calm down

seafoid

Quote from: Loughshore2022 on June 27, 2022, 11:02:18 AM

I was in Cusack Lower in 2001 as a 9 year old, that was a difficult defeat to watch but this team is better than 2001. If they get to the final they are the joint 2nd best Derry team.

The 98-01 Derry team was very good

Eire90

marty34

Tickets for the semi-finals on sale now.

General release.

Have the GAA scrapped the going through the county board system now?

p3427977

Quote from: marty34 on June 27, 2022, 12:58:14 PM
Tickets for the semi-finals on sale now.

General release.

Have the GAA scrapped the going through the county board system now?
Mad rush earlier

seafoid

Quote from: Taylor on June 27, 2022, 12:04:43 PM

League results were an excellent predictor for Tyrone this year.
Derry were in pole position in D2 with 2 rounds left.