Sam Maguire Qualifiers 2022

Started by twohands!!!, April 24, 2022, 08:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Is the Cork v Limerick game in the neutral venue of Corks home ground?  If it is then is this because of the agreement between Munster counties in terms of alternating home advantage
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Rossfan

Cork are great at finding some agreement in the archives that proves they're entitled to a home game.
A procedure fine tuned for near 50 years by Frank Murphy ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thewobbler

Why would any footballer want to play championship in a stadium that's 80% empty? Even if it's a home fixture I don't understand it.

From the Bunker

Quote from: thewobbler on June 06, 2022, 10:46:31 PM
Why would any footballer want to play championship in a stadium that's 80% empty? Even if it's a home fixture I don't understand it.

Because it's Croke Park. It's where every player aspires to play one day!

Rossfan

Quote from: thewobbler on June 06, 2022, 10:46:31 PM
What do you want them to do? Turn up for a game then say "I'm not playing the place is only 20% full"

From the Bunker

Mayo people don't mind going to Croker. It's all about the journey for them.  :)

Eire90

is there anything special about playing in croke park anymore

Eire90

if croke park did not exists or was smaller the ireland  final could be rotated around the 4 provinces each season

balladmaker

Any news on season ticket processing for this weekend?

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 07, 2022, 12:18:55 AM
Mayo people don't mind going to Croker. It's all about the journey for them.  :)
For Mayo people Croke Park is more like an opera house.

Maroon Manc

Mayo co board Chairman expecting upto 50,000 in Croker this Saturday, not sure he's read the room.

Rossfan

Quote from: balladmaker on June 07, 2022, 09:39:39 AM
Any news on season ticket processing for this weekend?
Online sales from 12 today.
Hopefully we'll be getting emails before then?
As for the Rhubarb Cathaoirleach......

full moon

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 07, 2022, 09:52:56 AM
Mayo co board Chairman expecting upto 50,000 in Croker this Saturday, not sure he's read the room.
Half that figure. I'd expect around 25,000 perhaps. What was the Leinster Hurling final ?
Surely alarm bells are ringing in Croke Park, it's an 82,000 seater stadium that they can barely get a quarter full. They've even stopped announcing attendances or releasing figures as it's embarrassing. Thats what corporate greed and lack of concern for supporters gets you.

The Tailteann Cup games will be even less. There are no hotels available for any of these games under 400 quid. Ireland are playing Scotland in the Aviva same time Saturday and Dermot Kennedy has a concert.

naka

. There are no hotels available for any of these games under 400 quid. Ireland are playing Scotland in the Aviva same time Saturday and Dermot Kennedy has a concert.
[/quote]

the reality is dublin hotels are becoming extotionate.
used to always stay down when the county was playing, now its there and back in teh car or via the train

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: naka on June 07, 2022, 10:29:03 AM

. There are no hotels available for any of these games under 400 quid. Ireland are playing Scotland in the Aviva same time Saturday and Dermot Kennedy has a concert.
the reality is dublin hotels are becoming extotionate.
used to always stay down when the county was playing, now its there and back in teh car or via the train

Hotels in Dublin are an absolute joke. I don't know who is booking these rooms at these rates. People are either living way beyond their means or there is a serious amount of money floating around the country somewhere.