Great spakes of GAAboard.

Started by armaghniac, February 07, 2022, 11:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

I propose a thread to keep some of the best retorts, comebacks and general smart alec comments on GAABaord.
You can't nominate yourself, best if someone you have put down does it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

armaghniac

As an Armagh man I can propose this from discussion of Gough's red cards.

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 06, 2022, 03:58:02 PM
Ref hadn't a clue what to do so just decided to allocate red cards based on All Ireland titles.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Dougal Maguire

5ive Times to Pints of Guinness: Pints, if I ever find out who you are, I'll see that you're never fit to work a computer again.
Careful now

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on February 08, 2022, 12:07:37 AM
5ive Times to Pints of Guinness: Pints, if I ever find out who you are, I'll see that you're never fit to work a computer again.
memory is hazy. Did he turn up at his workplace? Or was that Fearon?
Hasta la victoria siempre

RedHand88

Tyrone being described as calves let loose after winter when they get to Croke Park. Seafoid I think.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on February 08, 2022, 06:19:12 AM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on February 08, 2022, 12:07:37 AM
memory is hazy. Did he turn up at his workplace? Or was that Fearon?

Think Fearon got a visit. I dont advocate violence but if he had got one cuff round the lugs would it have been the worst thing ever 😃

brokencrossbar1

Maybe not a single retort but the whole Booking the Hotel for the wrong day by Fearon was classic

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

seafoid

Gaaboardmod3
•   Global Moderator
Some time in 2014

« Reply #64 on: Today at 02:14:51 PM »
•   Nobody was banned, or has ever been banned, for disagreeing with a moderator. Tony was banned because he had been warned, and he still persisted in posting comments which he knows, and everyone else knows, are designed to provoke a negative reaction.
That particular topic (Hillsborough/Munich/Heysel)  has been out of bounds on this board for many years. This is not new. And as I mentioned, Tony had been warned.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: laoislad on February 08, 2022, 09:36:00 AM
The 0 3 Arena

😂😂
That was so bad a poster had to leave in shame and then reincarnate himself. Kudos to bcb1 i believe for that one. But anyway, this thread isnt about point scoring 😉😃

Denn Forever

[/quote]

Think Fearon got a visit. I dont advocate violence but if he had got one cuff round the lugs would it have been the worst thing ever 😃
[/quote]dd

I thought Tony was visited  when he wrote about the OWC?

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Farrandeelin

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on February 08, 2022, 10:48:19 AM
Quote from: laoislad on February 08, 2022, 09:36:00 AM
The 0 3 Arena

😂😂
That was so bad a poster had to leave in shame and then reincarnate himself. Kudos to bcb1 i believe for that one. But anyway, this thread isnt about point scoring 😉😃

What poster?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

Syferus had many a funny post here.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

APM

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 08, 2022, 09:31:17 AM
Maybe not a single retort but the whole Booking the Hotel for the wrong day by Fearon was classic

You're wrong there BCB.  Easytiger's retort on the hotel booking fiasco was easily the best post ever on the GAABoard.  It was basically a satirical skit, featuring Gene Hackman as Fearon booking the wrong date, blathering on pompously about Armagh, speaking over the receptionist who eventually had to give up on correcting him on the date.  It then featured Krusty the Clown as Fearon calling back (in vain) to change dates.

20 years ago and I still remember it clearly!