Laois Senior Football Championship 2021

Started by SCFC, August 29, 2021, 11:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

Congratulations to Courtwood. There would have been days for them when a result like tonight would have been inconceivable. They deserve all the plaudits tonight

Jd

Just goes to show what happens when you have structure and discipline and lads willing to sacrifice their game for the collective. Brought home to me by the Courtwood lad marking Dillon. He just stuck to his job and didn't try to be anything other than a man marker

Laois Rising

The failure at underage for a decade or so is really starting to filter into the Portlaoise senior team now. Courtwood have had better players coming through these last few years and in reality this result should not be seen as a shock.

BallyroanAbu

Very young Portlaoise team would not be shocked if you named 7 of them on a Junior Team

SCFC

Worrying result for Portlaoise. While they can't be ruled out, they have now lost in successive years to Emo and Courtwood. I didn't see last night's game but am hearing Hugh Coghlan is involved in the background with Courtwood and is highly rated.
Hands up though. Never saw that result coming.

town1980

disapointed in the way we were last night but full of praise for courtwood it didnt faze them at all and deserving winners,,Brody is one hell of a loss and obivously now that bruno is gone the last while we are totally struggling in the forward movement and play ,,time does move on too though and kieran and conor are getting on the latter end of the stick too,,i am now totally wrong in my predictions so far  :-\

High Fielder

Portlaoise were terrible last night. Alarm bells should be ringing in that club, because it really isn't functioning properly at all. Some will point to Court wood's win as testimony to the strength and competitiveness of the Championship, but let's not kid ourselves here. Portlaoise took very little beating last night, and the standard of football on show was terrible. I am full of admiration for Courtwood and what they achieved, but that's the only positive to take from last night

portlaoisekid

Super win for courtwood ,well deserved.

As for Portlaoise that was truly awful on so many levels , if they play like that again it's a relegation final we are staring down the barrell of.

Chrimtain

Despite all of the doom and gloom, it's good to see young players impressing in the 2020 and 2021 championships. I'm thinking particularly of forwards such as Ronan Coffey and Rioghan Murphy of Portarlington, Niall Dunne of Courtwood and tonight, Mark Barry of O'Dempseys in their match against Emo. Hopefully there will be more impressive performances in the championship from guys who we will need to form the backbone of a young Laois team over the coming years.

TheGiantSquid

I could never understand why Portlaoise got rid of M. Mcnulthy, he had them absolutely flying. The loss of him, Bruno the focal point and Broady as the escape strategy was their entire game plan.

Saying that, everyone will want to avoid Portlaoise in the losers section next round!!

town1980

Giant squid we had a different team when malachy was there our focal point is retired 2 years and brody wont play for the club so its a silly point your making mal is gone a long time and there has been plenty of retirements or have you failed to see that ?????i can list more than 10 to 12 players not there now since his time and the clubs who are comming to the fore worked on there kids clubs while we have won fek all minor and u 21 u20 championships,,great to see younger lads comming through but we have to persist for a year or two till they get a lil older ,,no junior champ no intermediate champ won in years there lies the problem for a town of this size

Chrimtain

Quote from: Chrimtain on September 03, 2021, 09:50:59 PM
Despite all of the doom and gloom, it's good to see young players impressing in the 2020 and 2021 championships. I'm thinking particularly of forwards such as Ronan Coffey and Rioghan Murphy of Portarlington, Niall Dunne of Courtwood and tonight, Mark Barry of O'Dempseys in their match against Emo. Hopefully there will be more impressive performances in the championship from guys who we will need to form the backbone of a young Laois team over the coming years.

I think Sean Moore of Ballyfin, should be added to that list of young players who may slot into a new Laois team soon.

I'm sure some find this topic boring, but I think there is no harm in pointing out that there is some young talent in Laois that a new manager/coach can work with in Division 3 next year. Whether these young lads are interested in putting on the county jersey and are up to intercounty standard only time will tell.

portlaoisekid

Quote from: town1980 on September 04, 2021, 10:53:55 AM
Giant squid we had a different team when malachy was there our focal point is retired 2 years and brody wont play for the club so its a silly point your making mal is gone a long time and there has been plenty of retirements or have you failed to see that ?????i can list more than 10 to 12 players not there now since his time and the clubs who are comming to the fore worked on there kids clubs while we have won fek all minor and u 21 u20 championships,,great to see younger lads comming through but we have to persist for a year or two till they get a lil older ,,no junior champ no intermediate champ won in years there lies the problem for a town of this size
Incorrect with regards Brody.its a lie and you know it only too well, you will not drag a players name through the mud like that on here .

The reality is Brody has been training away and was  listed on the panel Thurs night .

Helix.

Ballyfin put it up to Port.
Graigue won in 2nd gear tonight.

town1980

Portlaoise kid how is it dragging a name through the mud he wouldn't play so what are you talking about I know his back after a lot of persuasion so it's a reality ,,without him we are weakened simple as,,stop trying to make something of it