Joe Duffy - Liveline

Started by From the Bunker, February 08, 2021, 06:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 09, 2021, 12:12:11 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 09, 2021, 11:48:02 AM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on February 09, 2021, 11:03:13 AM
'McSavage' is the son of David Andrews isnt that correct?? The Savage eye is one of the funniest comedy shows i've ever watched.

+1

Joe Duffy peaked with the Derrytresk v Dromid fight when the Kerry ones started to ring in to complain. Gobshites calling a Gobshite.

It was good, but was it as good as the morning after "Young People" was shown on the national broadcaster?

Do you mean Normal People? I forgot about that tbf.

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on February 09, 2021, 12:13:45 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on February 09, 2021, 12:12:11 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 09, 2021, 11:48:02 AM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on February 09, 2021, 11:03:13 AM
'McSavage' is the son of David Andrews isnt that correct?? The Savage eye is one of the funniest comedy shows i've ever watched.

+1

Joe Duffy peaked with the Derrytresk v Dromid fight when the Kerry ones started to ring in to complain. Gobshites calling a Gobshite.

It was good, but was it as good as the morning after "Young People" was shown on the national broadcaster?

Do you mean Normal People? I forgot about that tbf.

Yes you're right actually. Well the point of the callers on the show was that they were too young to be at that carryon.

Main Street

The JD show sent up one of their researchers to Monaghan courthouse  Nov 2000, on the day of  the court case of GAA honcho and school teacher Michael Feeney, the pedophile who had finally pleaded guilty after years of denial. She hung around the steps outside and made contact with many of the witnesses. The whole show the next day was devoted to an array of peoples' experiences. This was the only radio show that gave voice, an important voice, to those rarely heard victims of abuse.

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on February 08, 2021, 11:36:57 PM
Quote from: Itchy on February 08, 2021, 09:36:44 PM
https://youtu.be/L8z7jehjDi4

McSavage is loon.  ;D

Sure isn't he Tubridy's cousin.
2 of his brothers were senior FF politicians. I think he had dyslexia and an aversion to conformity.
His brothers lost their seats despite following the rules. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

dublin7

Quote from: Rudi on February 09, 2021, 12:10:32 PM
McSavage did a brilliant sketch (actually a song) on the late late about Irish ones buying foreign property in the peak of the boom. One of the better comedians out there & does'nt pander to the number crunchers.

Eddie Hobbs was on the radio years ago in relation to buying/selling foreign property when a man rang up to boast about how he bought and sold property in Turkey. "Mr. X" said he bought and sold a property in Turkey, made a nice profit and thought this was a great way to make money. Eddie asked him about paying tax in Turkey on the sale and he told Eddie he paid his 2 or 3%. Eddie then replies that was Turkey's version of property tax he had to pay and he was also required to pay their version of capital gains tax on the sale to which the caller didn't reply. Eddie then asked if the caller had filed an Irish tax return and declared the profits from the sale that he brought back to the Ireland and at this point the caller hung up for some reason

From the Bunker

Joe Duffy fairly bullied and belittled a young girl on his show who is competing in the Miss Ireland competition. Sent her to tears. Had to back track, call and break and change subject to a different earlier covered topic.

Angelo

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 19, 2021, 08:54:30 PM
Joe Duffy fairly bullied and belittled a young girl on his show who is competing in the Miss Ireland competition. Sent her to tears. Had to back track, call and break and change subject to a different earlier covered topic.

Duffy is a heinous individual.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Rudi

She was probably too positive for him, he loves misery, he could be a writer for eastenders.

Main Street

I listened  to the show segments on wednesday and thursday  on the  beauty pageant topic and I didn't hear what you claimed happened.There was one comment by the current Miss Ireland that she wouldn't shed a tear should she be stripped of her title.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Main Street on February 20, 2021, 01:20:50 PM
I listened  to the show segments on wednesday and thursday  on the  beauty pageant topic and I didn't hear what you claimed happened.There was one comment by the current Miss Ireland that she wouldn't shed a tear should she be stripped of her title.

Happened on Fridays show so you must have missed it!

Main Street

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 20, 2021, 05:33:29 PM

I'm interested in the debate because some years ago my daughter was in a World pageant held in China and bits of what was discussed on Liveline apply but overall my daughter really enjoyed the experience and made friends for life.
I just listened to that bit from Friday's show. The girl Katie ran rings around Joe pointing out the defects from the previous days conversations and she got exasperated with his obstinacy -  his refusal to take on board her rational points  such as 4 judges vote plus (only) 1 vote from online poll,  but Katie's tear was when she referred to the online abuse she received from people saying she should be ashamed of herself. Katie handled Joe quite well,very composed and intelligent, stayed strong to her line of argument and royally kicked ass.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Main Street on February 20, 2021, 08:23:51 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 20, 2021, 05:33:29 PM

I'm interested in the debate because some years ago my daughter was in a World pageant held in China and bits of what was discussed on Liveline apply but overall my daughter really enjoyed the experience and made friends for life.
I just listened to that bit from Friday's show. The girl Katie ran rings around Joe pointing out the defects from the previous days conversations and she got exasperated with his obstinacy -  his refusal to take on board her rational points  such as 4 judges vote plus (only) 1 vote from online poll,  but Katie's tear was when she referred to the online abuse she received from people saying she should be ashamed of herself. Katie handled Joe quite well,very composed and intelligent, stayed strong to her line of argument and royally kicked ass.

Joe conveniently ignored the popular Rose of Tralee covered by RTE during these discussions. I'm sure they have a few dodgy rules.

FermGael

As others have said on here the Tommy Tiernan show is the best thing on rte at the minute .
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

From the Bunker

Quote from: FermGael on February 20, 2021, 10:49:59 PM
As others have said on here the Tommy Tiernan show is the best thing on rte at the minute .

Just thinking there, does TT ever mention the word Covid or ask about Covid or lead into a theme about Covid?

I think the answer is no!

Commendable