Joe Duffy - Liveline

Started by From the Bunker, February 08, 2021, 06:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Can I just say that Joe Duffy is a man of the people. He deals with the day in, day out top issues and is worth every penny of the €400k he receives from RTE.

He deals with all issues in a totally unbiased way.

Not alone is he a top presenter, he is also a rather talented comedian.

Presenters like him are well worth selling off the family Silver to hold onto.

It's hard to believe RTE do not give him more air-time.

APM

Nothing like a bit of sarcasm on a Monday evening.  I just switch him off.  Pure drivel and the only thing worse are the idiots that call into him. 
Not in the same league as Nolan up here though, given that he also brings a large dose of divisiveness to add to the copious amounts of pious self-importance. 

reillycavan

The mans a ledge. Better than listening to Andea Gilligan and Niall Boylan.

mouview

Quote from: reillycavan on February 08, 2021, 08:00:40 PM
The mans a ledge. Better than listening to Andea Gilligan and Niall Boylan.

Yeah, yeah, that's right, yeah.

Rudi

David McSavage did a sketch on Joe years ago, pretty accurate with emphasis on how Joe gets off on peoples misery.
Off the point completely, think the Tommy Tiernan show is good viewing on a Saturday night, like his unscripted, patient style of interviewing.

imtommygunn

I don't watch it much but turned it over to it when Stephen Rea was on. That was a tough enough watch.

Rudi

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 08, 2021, 08:59:53 PM
I don't watch it much but turned it over to it when Stephen Rea was on. That was a tough enough watch.

It was, he let him talk though unlike Tubridy who would be looking at his watch and ticking a set list of questions off. Thought the Brian O Driscoll interview was good to.

Itchy

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

Quote from: armaghniac on February 08, 2021, 11:36:57 PM
Quote from: Itchy on February 08, 2021, 09:36:44 PM
https://youtu.be/L8z7jehjDi4

McSavage is loon.  ;D

Sure isn't he Tubridy's cousin.

I think he is the black sheep of the family. He certainly isnt the darling of RTE like Tubridy.

Jeepers Creepers

'McSavage' is the son of David Andrews isnt that correct?? The Savage eye is one of the funniest comedy shows i've ever watched.

trailer

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on February 09, 2021, 11:03:13 AM
'McSavage' is the son of David Andrews isnt that correct?? The Savage eye is one of the funniest comedy shows i've ever watched.

+1

Joe Duffy peaked with the Derrytresk v Dromid fight when the Kerry ones started to ring in to complain. Gobshites calling a Gobshite.

Rudi

McSavage did a brilliant sketch (actually a song) on the late late about Irish ones buying foreign property in the peak of the boom. One of the better comedians out there & does'nt pander to the number crunchers.

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on February 09, 2021, 11:48:02 AM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on February 09, 2021, 11:03:13 AM

+1

Joe Duffy peaked with the Derrytresk v Dromid fight when the Kerry ones started to ring in to complain. Gobshites calling a Gobshite.

It was good, but was it as good as the morning after "Young People" was shown on the national broadcaster?