China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Rossfan on November 10, 2021, 06:35:25 PM
Yep let's all listen to a few half baked GAAboarders and ignore all them oul scientists and doctors.
Sure what would they know about science or health matters.

exactly this, the half-wits on here are unbelievable but they reflect their community unfortunately

the main reason to avoid covid and get the vaccine is the health service cannot cope with large scale sickness

the selfishness of people is unreal, covid is not about you or your freedoms

social distance, wear your mask, get vaxxed etc

it'll all be over soon  ;)

DrinkingHarp

Double vaccinated 6 months ago (Pfizer)

Had a pre work covid test on the 27th of Oct - negative

Felt like a head cold/sinus infection (no temp) Saturday and stayed like that till Tuesday, called off of work M/T had to take a covid test to go back to work today (they are really strict) - positive.

This evening noticed loss of smell, opened a spice jar of both Garlic and Cinnamon and nothing.

Wore my mask everywhere, never went out to socialize the past 2 months because I was swamped with work.

10 days off of work till next test on the 22.

So far all minor symptoms, doctor said the vaccine is more than likely keeping me this way.

Be Careful
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

JoG2

Hope you've a full and speedy recovery DH. Immediate family member had it and the sense of smell / taste took a while to return, but did

Rudi

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on November 11, 2021, 01:33:52 AM
Yep let's all listen to a few half baked GAAboarders and ignore all them oul scientists and doctors.

exactly this, the half-wits on here are unbelievable but they reflect their community unfortunately

the main reason to avoid covid and get the vaccine is the health service cannot cope with large scale sickness

It won't be over soon even if 100% of people get vaccinated, which is impossible to attain. Selfishness for not taking the vaccine my hole. The reason for the current high number of Covid cases is a proportion of young double vaccinated young ones going buck mad & not adhering to earlier Covid safety guidelines & spreading to family members thereafter. Plenty of people are dying of Covid who get the vaccine. No doubt the vaccine is better than the alternative, however the vaccines efficacy is not great in respect to the delta variant.

DuffleKing

Quote from: seafoid on November 10, 2021, 06:23:04 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on November 10, 2021, 12:51:56 PM

Yea this nonsense about the vaccine minimizing the chance of people contracting covid is the biggest nonsense about at the moment and it goes right to the heart of vaccine passports, etc.

FFs Tony Holohan has publicly expressed his disappointment at the lack of evidence of this.
This sort of nonsense is killing people.

https://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/irish-news/vaccinations-not-performing-as-well-as-hoped-in-reducing-spread-of-covid-cmo-40990416.html

He was asked to quantify what the small impact on transmissability might be but he replied that he wouldn't like to speculate.

seafoid

Quote from: Rudi on November 11, 2021, 08:50:04 AM

It won't be over soon even if 100% of people get vaccinated, which is impossible to attain. Selfishness for not taking the vaccine my hole. The reason for the current high number of Covid cases is a proportion of young double vaccinated young ones going buck mad & not adhering to earlier Covid safety guidelines & spreading to family members thereafter. Plenty of people are dying of Covid who get the vaccine. No doubt the vaccine is better than the alternative, however the vaccines efficacy is not great in respect to the delta variant.
There was unjustified euphoria back in Spring when the first vaccines emerged.
Israel was the first country where the authorities noticed that the vaccine effect was waning over time . Delta in particular is a hoor.
Ultra caution is still required.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

But people ARE ignoring those same scientists and doctors, and the health advice. Because many many people are not wearing masks, keeping distance, washing hands etc etc.

So no point listening to them about getting the  vaccines , if you're just going to then ignore everything else that's advised

BennyCake

To be honest, a huge number don't give two f**ks about the health service.  People think once they're jabbed, they are safe/free to do anything they want... when they go about with no masks, no distancing etc, are they thinking of the health service and the pressures it's under? Are they f**k. when it comes to the health service, all people  care about is if they take bad ((with covid or other),  there will be a bed free for them.

By the way, this will never be over.

BennyCake

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on November 11, 2021, 06:44:20 AM
Double vaccinated 6 months ago (Pfizer)

Had a pre work covid test on the 27th of Oct - negative

Felt like a head cold/sinus infection (no temp) Saturday and stayed like that till Tuesday, called off of work M/T had to take a covid test to go back to work today (they are really strict) - positive.

This evening noticed loss of smell, opened a spice jar of both Garlic and Cinnamon and nothing.

Wore my mask everywhere, never went out to socialize the past 2 months because I was swamped with work.

10 days off of work till next test on the 22.

So far all minor symptoms, doctor said the vaccine is more than likely keeping me this way.

Be Careful

Hope you recover well

Any idea how you picked it up?

BennyCake

Yet, are they still dishing out the same vaccines as before?  Or are they constantly doctoring them to cope with the ever changing strains?

imtommygunn

Yes because it is that easy

Cavan19

It is still doing a great job though if you look back to the amount of cases early this year to now, if you had no vaccine and everything open like it is now it would be over 10k cases a day at this stage.  It isn't as good  with the Delta though this would be over by now only for it.

Milltown Row2

A good friend of mine caught it, has a few underlying conditions, severe asthmatic. High blood pressure, wouldn't be the fittest and over 60. Took herself off to the bedroom these last 2 weeks, initially flu feelings the taste and smell gone, now she is over the worst of it, but has now developed a sore back which apparently is a condition with covid (I'd no idea) she was fully vaccinated same time as me, early on. Doctor told her it could have been a lot worse had she not been vaccinated.

Her son, who lives in the house caught it also, has been to hospital, suffering bad at the minute, in her words, was touch and go, not vaccinated!!

Whether he eats well or is fit or whatever, surely having the vaccine would be better than what this fella is going through?

Fully vaccinated now 6 months, have had no adverse problems since taking the vaccine
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2021, 02:11:11 PM
A good friend of mine caught it, has a few underlying conditions, severe asthmatic. High blood pressure, wouldn't be the fittest and over 60. Took herself off to the bedroom these last 2 weeks, initially flu feelings the taste and smell gone, now she is over the worst of it, but has now developed a sore back which apparently is a condition with covid (I'd no idea) she was fully vaccinated same time as me, early on. Doctor told her it could have been a lot worse had she not been vaccinated.

Her son, who lives in the house caught it also, has been to hospital, suffering bad at the minute, in her words, was touch and go, not vaccinated!!

Whether he eats well or is fit or whatever, surely having the vaccine would be better than what this fella is going through?

Fully vaccinated now 6 months, have had no adverse problems since taking the vaccine

Between the shoulder blades? Know a couple of men, 50s suffering from this for over 12 months now. Nerve damage apparently

imtommygunn

Jesus. You'll not get rid of that in a hurry I imagine.