China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 19, 2021, 11:26:30 PM
So here we are, a plethora of people vaccinated! Positive numbers rising. Nothing really changing.

What has improved using this experimental Drug? Because it is an experimental drug until 2023!

It's well enough giving it to auld ones, But giving it to the youth of our society who are not in any danger is reckless.

My kids will not be getting it until it is approved officially in 2023.
74m under 18s in the USA 449 have died of covid since March last year , less than a flu season
Get the vaccination, give a booster to over 65 , be very careful if your immune system is compromised or you are obese ,take vitamin d and c   get out in the sun if you can when it's shining and try and get good sleep. 

seafoid

The UK numbers are bad. They don't know exactly why. There is a new variant called
AY.4.2 which may have contributed but it looks like the no mask crowd may also be contributing significantly.

If you have cases doubling every 9 days starting with 1 case after 180 days you get 1,048,576 cases.
But if cases increase by an extra 10% due to no masks every 9 days you would end up with 2,782,184 cases after 180 days.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

Quote from: Gmac on October 19, 2021, 11:59:09 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on October 19, 2021, 11:26:30 PM
So here we are, a plethora of people vaccinated! Positive numbers rising. Nothing really changing.

What has improved using this experimental Drug? Because it is an experimental drug until 2023!

It's well enough giving it to auld ones, But giving it to the youth of our society who are not in any danger is reckless.

My kids will not be getting it until it is approved officially in 2023.
74m under 18s in the USA 449 have died of covid since March last year , less than a flu season
Get the vaccination, give a booster to over 65 , be very careful if your immune system is compromised or you are obese ,take vitamin d and c   get out in the sun if you can when it's shining and try and get good sleep.

So vaccine mandates are wrong but telling fatties to stay indoors is ok. Obese people make up nearly a third of the population.

lenny

Quote from: seafoid on October 20, 2021, 06:50:55 AM
The UK numbers are bad. They don't know exactly why. There is a new variant called
AY.4.2 which may have contributed but it looks like the no mask crowd may also be contributing significantly.

If you have cases doubling every 9 days starting with 1 case after 180 days you get 1,048,576 cases.
But if cases increase by an extra 10% due to no masks every 9 days you would end up with 2,782,184 cases after 180 days.

The Uk plateaued off in terms of vaccinations and many countries have overtaken them in percentage of the population vaccinated. Unlike most other countries Britain has almost everything open with no restrictions including schools and nightclubs. No masks are required any more, close contacts don't have to isolate, and then people wonder why the numbers have gone through the roof. The corrupt tory government are still after herd immunity and don't care how many people die or end up with long covid.

themac_23

Quote from: seafoid on October 20, 2021, 06:50:55 AM

Serious question seafoid, what do you think we should do? You are extremely negative on here and seem to revel in the doom and gloom, would you jus like everyone to go back in to lockdown for another 6 months?

imtommygunn

I just don't see how a (full) lockdown is possible again.

The whole bloody thing is a mess. The "anti vax" stuff is getting more militant too and I don't think it's going to be too long until somebody gets badly hurt with the way the "movement" is going. I don't care if you don't believe in the vaccine btw - it's just when you believe a lot of shite like 90+% of the world are absolute morons because they do and it is just a new world order etc etc. Those are the views that are bonkers.

Going nowhere soon unfortunately and I don't think anyone really knows what to do or if they do they haven't the balls to do it  :( Eradication is clearly not possible so how do you get to where you want to get to with it.

Milltown Row2

Was listening to 5 live on the way into work, the vast majority of those with Covid in hospital are not vaccinated, that came from the head of the medical doctors federation, he also said that we will need to have the booster to help with this winter as people's immunes will be less due to the last time they had the second jab..

Now, I'd take the information from him over the crackpots on facebook in fairness, I know, call me crazy...

Who knows what's going to happen this winter, it won't be pretty that's for sure, but if several million of people in the UK haven't taken a vaccine how will it ever work?

Are we going down to the point of acceptable death, with hospitals over run with more 'acceptable' deaths from other issues because we have no staff to run it or beds to put people in?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hectic

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 20, 2021, 09:24:39 AM
Was listening to 5 live on the way into work, the vast majority of those with Covid in hospital are not vaccinated, that came from the head of the medical doctors federation, he also said that we will need to have the booster to help with this winter as people's immunes will be less due to the last time they had the second jab..

Now, I'd take the information from him over the crackpots on facebook in fairness, I know, call me crazy...

Who knows what's going to happen this winter, it won't be pretty that's for sure, but if several million of people in the UK haven't taken a vaccine how will it ever work?

Are we going down to the point of acceptable death, with hospitals over run with more 'acceptable' deaths from other issues because we have no staff to run it or beds to put people in?

Vast majority?  Really?

Latest published official (not Facebook or some 5 live propaganda merchant) UK data week 34 to week 37:
Hospitalisations unvaccinated: 3,220 (out of a a total of 8,255)
*revised from original post that only presented figures for over 80's

What is clear is that the proportion unvaccinated grows from cases through hospitalisations and deaths.

But related to that and a serious question.  How many people here understand their own risk profile?  How many accept that this virus clearly does discriminate?

Because the majority of young people in hospital (vaccinated or unvaccinated) are in poor health already.

So if vaccination value is really at hospital and mortality level then people who are high risk are the ones that maybe need to be seriously considering vaccination if they have not already.  They should also be making lifestyle changes because it is Covid today but these people are a ticking bomb and also are the greatest drain on our health services generally.  Not the young healthy unvaccinated. 

If we want a long term solution we need to focus resource on improving the health of the population.  Taxing sugar and subsidising healthy food would be a good start.  As it stands it is cheaper and more convenient for people to eat crap.

Otherwise we are just standing p!$$ing on a raging fire.

Rudi

The building industry is self regulated in the republic, no nsai audits or policing of products to meet minimum accept quality criteria. Therefore the tax payer will be liable for full redress of the re-build of thousands of homes in Donegal (affected by mica) to the tune of 3 billion euro plus.
Same applies to the Covid certs. Leo Varadkar expects me to ask a pub why they let me into their facility without producing a proof of Covid Vaccination Cert. Whats the point in asking for certs if the matter is not going to be policed by an independent body. The government in the republic have handled things poorly too. We always had a winter health crisis regarding hospitals & availability of ICU beds, the unvaccinated are the fall guys these days.

By the way whats the story in the North, do they ask for Covid Certs when dinning indoors?

themac_23

The vaccine roll out really should have been what drove us back towards normality(it has been) but the number of people still not taking the vaccine is a pain, so selfish.

As crude as it sounds, we do have to have a number of acceptable deaths. Every other part of our life has an acceptable number of deaths. We have to live with Covid just like we live with many other diseases. We cannot go back to locking people down. Personally I'd like to see the government turn the screw more and make more things undoable without vaccine passport, there's people who can't take the vaccine we should be giving them a similar exemption pass but everyone else get the jab and get on with life

Keyser soze

Quote from: Hectic on October 20, 2021, 09:45:56 AM

Vast majority?  Really?

Latest published official (not Facebook or some 5 live propaganda merchant) UK data week 34 to week 37:
Positive cases unvaccinated: 490 (out of a total of 12,164)
Hospitalisations unvaccinated: 179 (out of a total of 1,610)
Deaths unvaccinated: 198 (out of a total of 1,521)

What is clear is that the proportion unvaccinated grows from cases through hospitalisations and deaths.

But related to that and a serious question.  How many people here understand their own risk profile?  How many accept that this virus clearly does discriminate?

Because the majority of young people in hospital (vaccinated or unvaccinated) are in poor health already.

So if vaccination value is really at hospital and mortality level then people who are high risk are the ones that maybe need to be seriously considering vaccination if they have not already.  They should also be making lifestyle changes because it is Covid today but these people are a ticking bomb and also are the greatest drain on our health services generally.  Not the young healthy unvaccinated. 

If we want a long term solution we need to focus resource on improving the health of the population.  Taxing sugar and subsidising healthy food would be a good start.  As it stands it is cheaper and more convenient for people to eat crap.

Where have you got those figures? Surely cannot be correct.

bennydorano

Quote from: Rudi on October 20, 2021, 09:47:35 AM
The building industry is self regulated in the republic, no nsai audits or policing of products to meet minimum accept quality criteria. Therefore the tax payer will be liable for full redress of the re-build of thousands of homes in Donegal (affected by mica) to the tune of 3 billion euro plus.
Same applies to the Covid certs. Leo Varadkar expects me to ask a pub why they let me into their facility without producing a proof of Covid Vaccination Cert. Whats the point in asking for certs if the matter is not going to be policed by an independent body. The government in the republic have handled things poorly too. We always had a winter health crisis regarding hospitals & availability of ICU beds, the unvaccinated are the fall guys these days.

By the way whats the story in the North, do they ask for Covid Certs when dinning indoors?
I was in Sligo at the weekend and it was a shock to the system covid wise, asked for vaccine certificate everywhere and just that feeling of strictness, the North is a joke, you might get asked for a name & phone number at a pub door from my experience.

Keyser soze

Quote from: Hectic on October 20, 2021, 10:01:45 AM
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1019992/Vaccine_surveillance_report_-_week_38.pdf

At work so cannot look at this in depth but if you think that the data in this report is showing that symptoms, hospitalization and death rates are higher for vaccinated that non vaccinated you need remedial English and Maths. 

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Hectic on October 20, 2021, 09:45:56 AM

Vast majority?  Really?

Positive cases unvaccinated: 490 (out of a total of 12,164)
Hospitalisations unvaccinated: 179 (out of a total of 1,610)
Deaths unvaccinated: 198 (out of a total of 1,521)

You see this is the problem - far too much misinformation being thrown about. You didn't read the table properly and the above only relates to people who are 80+ (and got vaccinated the longest time ago).