Hurricane Matthew

Started by muppet, October 07, 2016, 09:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/hurricane-matthew-bahamas-florida-georgia-carolinas-forecast

Looks like it could be a bad one. Amazingly it could loop around and hit Florida a second time next week!

Anyone within an asses roar, stay safe!
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Haiti hasn't even recovered from their earthquake. Billions sloshing around in some hoors bank account probably.

macdanger2

Yeah, some tragedy in Haiti. God help those poor people

T Fearon

Should we Irish not be calling this Hurricane Mattie?

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on October 07, 2016, 10:58:29 PM

Should you not be giving us some anecdote about how you met Hurricane Matthew?
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

4% more energy in the atmosphere due to the burning of oïl . It is not true according to Fox news. It means bigger storms that do more damage. That is a libtard conspiracy say Fox. Vote Trumptrump
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Aaron Boone

Its trajectory still not clear for Georgia & Carolinas.

Nigel White

Quote from: muppet on October 07, 2016, 10:59:35 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on October 07, 2016, 10:58:29 PM

Should you not be giving us some anecdote about how you met Hurricane Matthew?
Well they are both full of hot air

FL/MAYO

Still at work here after working through the storm yesterday, we were lucky in South Florida as the storm pushed a little to the east yesterday morning. North Florida is getting hammered this afternoon. I was fearing for the worst yesterday morning prior to coming into work. Haiti as usual got hammered, I hear up to 500 dead. I worked through a Cat 2 (Wilma) 10 years ago and the destruction was terrible, my car moved 5 parking spots due to the wind lifting it, I cannot imagine what a stronger storm is capable of doing. Looking forward to getting home to the family in the morning.

macdanger2

Quote from: FL/MAYO on October 08, 2016, 12:13:46 AM
Still at work here after working through the storm yesterday, we were lucky in South Florida as the storm pushed a little to the east yesterday morning. North Florida is getting hammered this afternoon. I was fearing for the worst yesterday morning prior to coming into work. Haiti as usual got hammered, I hear up to 500 dead. I worked through a Cat 2 (Wilma) 10 years ago and the destruction was terrible, my car moved 5 parking spots due to the wind lifting it, I cannot imagine what a stronger storm is capable of doing. Looking forward to getting home to the family in the morning.

Would everyone not be instructed to stay at home during something like this? Or do you work in emergency services?

Nigel White

Thy Kingdom Come

What is the story of The Dominican Republic? After all it shares an island with Haiti? How come they are exempt of hurricane destruction?

seafoid

Quote from: Thy Kingdom Come on October 08, 2016, 12:38:06 AM
What is the story of The Dominican Republic? After all it shares an island with Haiti? How come they are exempt of hurricane destruction?
Haiti is a broken country. The DR has better infrastructure, better building standards and better governance.
France and the US destroyed Haiti economically after Toussaint L'Ouverture had the gall to lead the world's only successful slave revolt.

Haiti is like a sex slave
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

FL/MAYO

Quote from: macdanger2 on October 08, 2016, 12:24:35 AM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on October 08, 2016, 12:13:46 AM

Would everyone not be instructed to stay at home during something like this? Or do you work in emergency services?

I'm in the fire service, so it was compulsory for my shift to come into work yesterday.

Oraisteach

Where in FL, are you FL/MAYO.  East coast or west?