Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 09, 2021, 04:43:44 PM
Ziggy will be gutted.

Extremely. I had to come back to post here. Dean Stockwell played one of the childhood heroes on TV, Rear Admiral Al Calavicci.

Rest in Peace Dean
Testing Accessibility

rrhf

Quote from: ziggysego on November 09, 2021, 09:12:53 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 09, 2021, 04:43:44 PM
Ziggy will be gutted.

Extremely. I had to come back to post here. Dean Stockwell played one of the childhood heroes on TV, Rear Admiral Al Calavicci.

Rest in Peace Dean
Even in such circumstances, it must be good to back...

Taylor

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: mouview on November 11, 2021, 10:50:47 AM
Gerald Sinstadt, British football commentator (and a good one too).

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/nov/10/gerald-sinstadt-former-bbc-and-itv-football-commentator-dies-aged-91

Sinstadt was a good commentator surely seemed to be on quite a few of the old Liverppol clips from the 70s

Edit - did Liverpool St Etienne in 77

Boycey

Sinstadt covered the NW and worked for much of his career for Granada. He would be the soundtrack to a lot of people's Utd/Liverpool memories from the 70s/80s era. I used to love his very distinct voice.

In my memory all the commentators from that era were brilliant... No poxy co-commentators and feck all agenda just the simple facts of what was happening in the match

BennyCake

I always like the voice of Tony Gubba . Highlight reels with his voice on them brings me instantly back to the late 80's /early 90's. 

Brian Moore was the same. Sinstadt not as much.

JohnDenver

Quote from: BennyCake on November 11, 2021, 05:50:16 PM
I always like the voice of Tony Gubba . Highlight reels with his voice on them brings me instantly back to the late 80's /early 90's. 

Brian Moore was the same. Sinstadt not as much.

International Superstar Soccer commentator! The memories

Boycey

Gubba was very much in the h'penny place behind Motty and Barry Davies at the BBC for the football but would always be wheeled out for random sports events that they didn't often cover. An Olympic Game stalwart  :)

Olly

Today is the anniversary of the death of Pope Nicholas I. He was mad about roosters.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

ziggy90

Quote from: Olly on November 13, 2021, 09:57:38 PM
Today is the anniversary of the death of Pope Nicholas I. He was mad about roosters.
Were they waxy or floury.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Tatler Jack

Targetman

Sad news, a Celtic legend and a brilliant character, told some great stories of his playing days with the hoops