Oscar Pistorius

Started by BennyHarp, February 14, 2013, 07:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: deiseach on February 14, 2013, 11:51:29 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 14, 2013, 11:34:59 AM
This will be a crazy trial.  I wonder will there be a Johnny Cochrane style figure who will come in and run the show.  It will definitely be a media led trial.

An additional element to this trial from the perspective of the media is that the late Reeva Steenkamp was rather pretty. We'll be seeing photos of her in gorgeous pouting mode on a near-daily basis. Grim stuff.

Pretty, smart and very media savvy.  She seemed to be very much a golden girl to be seen on the arm of a national hero. 

nrico2006

The charges could well be dropped.  There was a similar case a few years ago when a former SA Rubgy player shot dead his daughter after taking her for a thief.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

theskull1

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 14, 2013, 11:10:49 AM
Strange how its acceptable to make jokes about a murder just because it has happened in another Country yet if someone on here even tries to discuss some murders that have happened in this Country there is a furore and threads are taken down etc.

Is it really that strange to you? Seriously?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Megaman

Police not buying into the accident notion.

Reports they where arguing earlier.

Dinny Breen

Roses are red,
Violets are glorious,
Don't surprise your boyfriend,
If he's Oscar Pistorius..

Bad taste I know but it's all very surreal where you have this inspiration to millions whose own personality flaws meant he probably couldn't handle the media attention and all the distractions that it brings. One person is dead and another will go to jail and two families are left destroyed.

#newbridgeornowhere

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 14, 2013, 01:14:13 PM
Roses are red,
Violets are glorious,
Don't surprise your boyfriend,
If he's Oscar Pistorius..

Bad taste I know but it's all very surreal where you have this inspiration to millions whose own personality flaws meant he probably couldn't handle the media attention and all the distractions that it brings. One person is dead and another will go to jail and two families are left destroyed.
Definitely a tragic story for all concerned. He must have been off his head, as even at our worst I would never put 4 bullets into the wife.

I'd opt for 2 well placed ones instead  :D

Denn Forever

I see he has already been removed from the Danske Bank cover page. 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

nrico2006

Quote from: theskull1 on February 14, 2013, 12:24:54 PM
Strange how its acceptable to make jokes about a murder just because it has happened in another Country yet if someone on here even tries to discuss some murders that have happened in this Country there is a furore and threads are taken down etc.

Just don't get the double standards that you get on here, a few weeks ago a young Tyrone footballer is alleged to have murdered his father yet the thread was pulled.  Here we have a case where another fella who is alleged to have murdered his girlfriend yet the thread remains with the jokes intact. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

CorkMan

Apparently he has an obsession with guns. Said in an interview with the NY Times a while back that if he can't sleep he'll go to a shooting range. Showed the interviewer an 9mm pistol too.

theskull1

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 14, 2013, 01:47:05 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on February 14, 2013, 12:24:54 PM

Just don't get the double standards that you get on here, a few weeks ago a young Tyrone footballer is alleged to have murdered his father yet the thread was pulled.  Here we have a case where another fella who is alleged to have murdered his girlfriend yet the thread remains with the jokes intact.

Not saying that it should or should not have been pulled nicro ... thats another argument, but I can't believe you're struggling with the differences here.

Do you really think the families involves in this tragedy will ever visit the GAA board? There's the difference right there.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

BennyHarp

The is a really sad story. Oscar Pistorius would, in my opinion, have been up there with Lance Armstrong as one of the most inspirational sporting icons of the last decade and its strange how both have now had their reputations completely tarnished with their legacy in tatters. Is it the pressure of being a superstar in the modern, media driven world?
That was never a square ball!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 14, 2013, 02:12:47 PM
The is a really sad story. Oscar Pistorius would, in my opinion, have been up there with Lance Armstrong as one of the most inspirational sporting icons of the last decade and its strange how both have now had their reputations completely tarnished with their legacy in tatters. Is it the pressure of being a superstar in the modern, media driven world?

No, just f**king head da balls!! Being in the spotlight doesn't mean you kill your wife/girlfriend because of the pressure
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyHarp

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 14, 2013, 02:19:18 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on February 14, 2013, 02:12:47 PM

No, just f**king head da balls!! Being in the spotlight doesn't mean you kill your wife/girlfriend because of the pressure

Agreed, he must have been seriously messed up in the head though. As my mother used to say about anything in the news that was about someone doing something crazy, "must be drugs"!
That was never a square ball!!

Wildweasel74

See pictures of her there, she was a mightly looking girl alright, time tell what happened, gun ownership although in a different country that by all reports is a very dangerous place hits the news again

Apparently so

Don`t think he has a leg to stand on here

This trial could run and run