Man Missing in Larne Lough

Started by Doogie Browser, May 11, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Didn't see this posted anywhere, bloody tragic story. 2 weeks before his wedding, his family were on the news last night and are totally distraught as you can imagine.   He was not wearing a lifebelt which is hard to believe though and should serve as warning to anyone who ventures out to sea like this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8671748.stm

orangeman

Tragic story alright.

The fiance was told at her hen party of the tragedy.

paco

Terrible. Didn't think they should have interviewed that family in the state they were in.

orangeman

Quote from: paco on May 11, 2010, 10:22:59 AM
Terrible. Didn't think they should have interviewed that family in the state they were in.

Definitely - I thought it was poor news reporting trying to talk to people who were at their lowest point.

ziggysego

Quote from: paco on May 11, 2010, 10:22:59 AM

I found it very hard to watch the interview. Perhaps the family wanted to be interviewed, rather than having it forced upon them.

Very sad indeed. My heart and prayers go out to them all.
Testing Accessibility

NAG1

well said Ziggy

But this is a far too common type of reporting that has been apparent here for a number or years. Get people at their weakest point and exploit them for a report on the news. How many times have we been witness to a family sitting in their from room being prompted with ridiculous questions within hours of losing a loved one. Would love to see one of those reporters & camera crews getting what they deserve for this type of insensitive work.