Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: Boycey on October 08, 2021, 02:01:47 PM
Quote from: Itchy on October 08, 2021, 12:23:00 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 08, 2021, 11:28:45 AM
Mary Lou -no(uses mansplaining retort everytime she is in bother)

Other 2 are good but in reality O'Broin's policies would not withstand current economic challenges. They are telling the electorate what they want to hear without any credible alternatives

On Mary Lou - do you think the other leaders are better. Leo Varadkar and Michael Martin. Seriously now.

Being a good orator doesn't make someone a good politician. Sinn Fein are miles ahead, always have been in my opinion, on how to present their point. Sitting on the opposition benches and talking the talk is relatively easy it's possible we'll soon find out whether they can walk the walk.

I'm not convinced..

Yes at the end of the day, we will not know until they are in office. And I agree, their politicians are miles ahead and always have been.

Rossfan

Miles ahead.....
How exactly?
and other than your own biased opinion what are the criteria?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Snapchap

Quote from: Rossfan on October 08, 2021, 03:13:51 PM
Miles ahead.....
How exactly?
I'm sure Itchy can speak for himself, but it's just a matter of opinion in the end. And it's hardly a earth shattering opinion that SF have people more capable than the sort of people who brought us a children's hospital with a close to a €2bn overspend attached.

Rossfan

But SF have never been in charge of any big project anywhere so you can't compare.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on October 08, 2021, 02:23:46 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 08, 2021, 02:01:47 PM
Quote from: Itchy on October 08, 2021, 12:23:00 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 08, 2021, 11:28:45 AM
Mary Lou -no(uses mansplaining retort everytime she is in bother)

Other 2 are good but in reality O'Broin's policies would not withstand current economic challenges. They are telling the electorate what they want to hear without any credible alternatives

On Mary Lou - do you think the other leaders are better. Leo Varadkar and Michael Martin. Seriously now.

Being a good orator doesn't make someone a good politician. Sinn Fein are miles ahead, always have been in my opinion, on how to present their point. Sitting on the opposition benches and talking the talk is relatively easy it's possible we'll soon find out whether they can walk the walk.

I'm not convinced..

Yes at the end of the day, we will not know until they are in office. And I agree, their politicians are miles ahead and always have been.

That doesnt say much for the electorate-you are basically saying they dont know whats good for them

Tres Bien

Quote from: Rossfan on October 08, 2021, 03:26:58 PM
But SF have never been in charge of any big project anywhere so you can't compare.

Aye you can't compare a crowd with a proven track record of crashing the economy and creating crises in public services with those who don't have a track record in crashing the economy and bungling public services.

Snapchap

Doesn't change my point in the slightest. It's all about opinion. When one group of people have proven time, after time, after time, to be incompetent, then it's not hard to come to the conclusion that another group of people might be the more competent option if given the opportunity to show it. And this isn't just me saying so. The opinion polls would suggest that more people now believe in SF's competency than in FFGs.

trueblue1234

Miles ahead.....
How exactly?
Miles may not be accurate, but it certainly seems to be the case with public opinion at the minute. I think you would need to be pretty biased not to see that.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Rossfan

Quote from: Snapchap on October 08, 2021, 03:36:48 PM

Doesn't change my point in the slightest. It's all about opinion. When one group of people have proven time, after time, after time, to be incompetent, then it's not hard to come to the conclusion that another group of people might be the more competent option if given the opportunity to show it. And this isn't just me saying so. The opinion polls would suggest that more people now believe in SF's competency than in FFGs.

FF+FG 42% SF 32% latest opinion poll.

Itchy

Miles ahead.....
How exactly?

Its my opinion having been an observer of politicans on all sides for 20 plus years of my adult life. Thats all. I am not sure how I can prove it with a pen and paper no more than you can disprove it.

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on October 08, 2021, 04:02:58 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on October 08, 2021, 03:36:48 PM

FF+FG 42% SF 32% latest opinion poll.

Jesus you are some disciple to FFG.
How about FFG = 42%, Rest = 58%.

Rossfan

Tres Bien

It's embarrassing when a lad pretends not to vote FFG and then spends his whole time going around trying to deflect criticism off them.

Rossfan

Just responding to claims SF politicians were better than the current leaders.
I asked SFitchy for his criteria , Snap replied that it was just his opinion.
Snap mentioned more people believe in SFs competency than that of  "FFG".
I pointed out the latest Opinion poll, (which had FF and FG at the same percentage as in the 2020 GE, with SF 8 points higher than then).