Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on October 08, 2021, 05:05:03 PM
Just responding to claims SF politicians were better than the current leaders.
I asked SFitchy for his criteria , Snap replied that it was just his opinion.
Snap mentioned more people believe in SFs competency than that of  "FFG".
I pointed out the latest Opinion poll, (which had FF and FG at the same percentage as in the 2020 GE, with SF 8 points higher than then).

Ah Rossfan come on. You know well what you are at combining the FF and FG percentages. Fwiw, I am highly surprised FF are as high as they are in the polls but that's not for this thread.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Martina Anderson just updated get LinkedIn lol.

SF ffs

armaghniac

SF are normally well tuned into the trendy stuff, but they are struggling a bit with the global warming. Their usual approach that somebody else should pay for things doesn't sound well. I'd say their policy of actually removing the existing carbon tax will go the way of the opposition to non jury courts.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Farrandeelin

SF up to 37% in the latest opinion poll. Whether that will hold up till 2025 remains to be seen, but this government may have over 40% voting for them such is their absurd stupidity.

Hound

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 14, 2021, 08:30:03 AM
SF up to 37% in the latest opinion poll. Whether that will hold up till 2025 remains to be seen, but this government may have over 40% voting for them such is their absurd stupidity.
Farr, in terms of how our economy is doing, how much tax we pay, how much disposable income we have, employment levels, the level of opportunities for our children to excel and thrive, our health system and our housing issues - can you explain in each how SF will make things better? I know you think I'm absurdly stupid for not understanding, so maybe you'd be good enough to explain.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Hound on November 14, 2021, 02:29:37 PM
Farr, in terms of how our economy is doing, how much tax we pay, how much disposable income we have, employment levels, the level of opportunities for our children to excel and thrive, our health system and our housing issues - can you explain in each how SF will make things better? I know you think I'm absurdly stupid for not understanding, so maybe you'd be good enough to explain.

Think we are all waiting for those answers

Itchy

Can you provide the same for a continued vote for FF or FG?

Hound

Quote from: Itchy on November 14, 2021, 07:30:38 PM

Can you provide the same for a continued vote for FF or FG?

That's the best you've got?

I'd be happy to.  But I'd like to give Farr the opportunity first, as he was the one who said anyone would be absurdly stupid to vote for FF or FG rather than SF.

Farrandeelin

I didn't say anyone was stupid to vote for anyone. I just think this cobbled together motley crew of a government aren't doing themselves any favours and will send even more people to vote SF next time round and it could be greater than 40% with the way things are going.

Hound

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 16, 2021, 09:24:03 AM
I didn't say anyone was stupid to vote for anyone. I just think this cobbled together motley crew of a government aren't doing themselves any favours and will send even more people to vote SF next time round and it could be greater than 40% with the way things are going.
Farr, you said "this government may have over 40% voting for them such is their absurd stupidity."

That seems on the face of it that you are saying those 40% are absurdly stupid. And doesn't tie in with your recent comment "I didn't say anyone was stupid to vote for anyone."
Can you explain?

Also, in terms of how our economy is doing, how much tax we pay, how much disposable income we have, employment levels, the level of opportunities for our children to excel and thrive, our health system and our housing issues - do you know how SF will make things better? Or is it just a case of anyone bar FF FG? So something along the lines of "anyone who says No to everything they do has my vote, regardless of what actual policy positions they may or may not hold themselves"?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Hound on November 16, 2021, 10:56:02 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 16, 2021, 09:24:03 AM
Farr, you said "this government may have over 40% voting for them such is their absurd stupidity."

That seems on the face of it that you are saying those 40% are absurdly stupid. And doesn't tie in with your recent comment "I didn't say anyone was stupid to vote for anyone."
Can you explain?

Also, in terms of how our economy is doing, how much tax we pay, how much disposable income we have, employment levels, the level of opportunities for our children to excel and thrive, our health system and our housing issues - do you know how SF will make things better? Or is it just a case of anyone bar FF FG? So something along the lines of "anyone who says No to everything they do has my vote, regardless of what actual policy positions they may or may not hold themselves"?

I meant the government's stupid mistakes bumbling from one crisis to the next may have over 40% voting for SF at the next election.

As regards how SF would do better - I'm not sure if they would to be honest.

Rossfan

They won't and all we can hope for is that as part of a Coalition they won't disimprove things.
Running a State is more complicated than slogans and no tax/free everything.
Expect them to start moving more to the Centre between now and the end of 2024 as they seek to expand their appeal. They've started already with the Special Court.
They know they'll keep the border County republicans and the pay nothing brigade.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on November 16, 2021, 11:51:57 AM
They won't and all we can hope for is that as part of a Coalition they won't disimprove things.
Expect them to start moving more to the Centre between now and the end of 2024 as they seek to expand their appeal. They've started already with the Special Court.
They know they'll keep the border County republicans and the pay nothing brigade.

The People against People will get the pay nothing crowd.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Boycey

People against People is a great idea for a party in fairness  :)

Keyser soze

Quote from: Rossfan on November 16, 2021, 11:51:57 AM

Wow, political party in opposition promising the sun, moon and stars which will not happen when they get into government.

Those sneaky SF barstewards, the other parties must be kicking themselves that they never thought of this, though in fairness their higher moral framework wouldn't allow them to deceive the electorate with such underhand tactics