Windows 7

Started by viiv, October 14, 2009, 11:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viiv

Anybody running a copy of it yet?

Was at a presentation last week done by a group of designers from Microsoft in Dublin who had been working on the project and to be honest it looks pretty good but will it turn out to be another disaster like Vista?

Hereiam

From what i believe its suppose to be how Vista was meant to be have been if you know what i mean. Looks to be the next real upgrade from xp. To be honest XP has not put a step wrong if only IE was sorted out. As usual will wait for the first service pack to be relaesed before i give windows 7 a try.

viiv

Lets hope it sets the standard like XP did. And as you said they would need to really get something done for IE.

Dinny Breen

Going to the official launch next week for my sins....
#newbridgeornowhere

stephenite

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 14, 2009, 11:56:50 AM
Going to the official launch next week for my sins....

Going to the one over here next one also - hearing good reports, but will wait for SP1 before I let the users get their hands on it

amallon

I'm using it already and this is a big improvement.  I upgraded a Vista machine to Win7 and the machine boots much faster.  Win7 itself doesn't hog as much memory as Vista did.  Very impressed. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Billys Boots

How does it compare to XP, for us lesser mortals?   :)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

offtheground

Someone ripped a Beta copy of 7 for me, and I'm thinking of putting it onto the laptop at home. When does the Beta version run out? will it force you to upgrade to the full version then?

BennyHarp

We have it installed at work now on all the computers and although alot of people complained at the start (so they left 2003 available) it is definately much better when you get the hang of it!!
That was never a square ball!!

DickyRock

I've been running windows 7 since the beta - release candidate & now the retail version. Vast improvement over vista which was a dog when first released.
I run ubuntu Linux at work but I love 7 and have a load of software for it - Photoshop/lightroom & all ms products that I would miss too much.

Btw I think the beta has already expired, the rc I think lasts until may-June next year.

J70

What are the system requirements for it?

Orior

I remember PC-DOS, MS-DOS and Windows 1.0   :(
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Shamrock Shore

I dont think there was ever Windows 1.0

The first version was Windows 3.0 then 3.1

I was ace at MS-DOS when I got me hands on my first work pc in early 1988.

thebigfella

I cannot believe people are running a Beta on work machines, hmmmm your security policies must be non existent  :D

AbbeySider

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on October 15, 2009, 12:39:21 AM
I dont think there was ever Windows 1.0

The first version was Windows 3.0 then 3.1

Fact

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on October 15, 2009, 12:39:21 AM
I was ace at MS-DOS when I got me hands on my first work pc in early 1988.
I was messing around with Chukie Egg and Space Invaders on an old BBC Micro green screen computer... ah the memories... when we used real floppy disks.