Kenny confronted on Frontline

Started by Dougal Maguire, November 14, 2009, 10:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

no mo do yakamo

Hes only earming about 68 euros an hour.  But thats 24 hours a day every day of the year. About 3750 tv licence fees.
It wasn't even kennedy in the car.

pintsofguinness

Careful lads, haranguerer is reversing at quite a speed there
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ludermor

Quote from: Zapatista on November 16, 2009, 06:17:28 PM
Good to see the money RTE are dishing out isn't being discussed.
Im not sure how the contracts are calculated but would not have been paid the market rates? Like everything else it went mad for a few years but Sky/TV3/Today FM/Newstalk were offering crazy money so would not have had to pay to keep their stars? Im not saying its right but if its the market rate then they have to pay it.

haranguerer

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 16, 2009, 06:36:03 PM

How?

Its all written down on the board, there for you to read. You prob wont bother though - you didnt the first time, just came in your pants at the opportunity to be righteous.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: haranguerer on November 16, 2009, 06:56:37 PM

How?

Its all written down on the board, there for you to read. You prob wont bother though - you didnt the first time, just came in your pants at the opportunity to be righteous.
you're right, it's there for everyone to read

Maguire01

Quote from: haranguerer on November 16, 2009, 06:56:37 PM

How?

Did you not say: "How do you know hes not right about both?", with both being the racial abuse and the abuse of Kenny?

Everyone who has responded to that has challenged the idea that his racial rants could be right, not whether being wrong or right in the past determines whether he is wrong or right now.

haranguerer

I didnt say he was right - check the original thread as to what I thought of his outburst on frontline. I just thought its lazy and ignorant to dismiss his views out of hand because hes ...' a nutjob who hates on muslims and blacks'. 'In asking how do you know hes not right' I was attempting to evoke a reasoned response, but obviously everyone saw the chance to prove waht wonderful racially integrated people they are  ::)

Heres another thing you seem to have missed pints - where on your scale of indignation does calling people who are mentally ill 'nutjobs' fit in? Or is it aright cos noone else has said anything about it, and therefore theres no bandwagon to jump on?!

pintsofguinness

Zapatista

Quote from: ludermor on November 16, 2009, 06:47:24 PM
Im not sure how the contracts are calculated but would not have been paid the market rates? Like everything else it went mad for a few years but Sky/TV3/Today FM/Newstalk were offering crazy money so would not have had to pay to keep their stars? Im not saying its right but if its the market rate then they have to pay it.

TV3 were never paying anything close to the ammount RTE are paying. In fact they are poorly paid for there place in the entertainment business. The TV3 employees work much longer hours too. Any TV3 employee would give their arm for a job at RTE.  I don't know about newstalk but I'd suspect it was similar to TV3. Newstalk was a Dublin station untill recently and I'd say going National still wouldn't have made the payments close.

SKY is not even on the same planet as RTE. It would be like comparing Friends and Fair City.

I understand paying to keep your stars but I don't think the payments made can be justified. They definatley can't be justified today.

Just to add. Where would Kenny go?     

Bing Crosby .

Quote from: haranguerer on November 16, 2009, 07:25:01 PM
I didnt say he was right - check the original thread as to what I thought of his outburst on frontline. I just thought its lazy and ignorant to dismiss his views out of hand because hes ...' a nutjob who hates on muslims and blacks'. 'In asking how do you know hes not right' I was attempting to evoke a reasoned response, but obviously everyone saw the chance to prove waht wonderful racially integrated people they are  ::)

Heres another thing you seem to have missed pints - where on your scale of indignation does calling people who are mentally ill 'nutjobs' fit in? Or is it aright cos noone else has said anything about it, and therefore theres no bandwagon to jump on?!

I'm with you all the way on this one haranguerer .

For supposed educated posters on here I see very little evidence of this .   Labeling this man as a nutcase is low and very cowardly . I'm glad he said what he did to Mr. Kenny and was extremely disappointed that not one single person in the audience had courage or decency to stand up and applaud the man even though I'm sure plenty of them wholeheartedly agreed with him . Scours the lot of them . You know we really really do deserve all we get in this crooked state of ours .

ludermor

Quote from: Zapatista on November 16, 2009, 07:49:08 PM
Quote from: ludermor on November 16, 2009, 06:47:24 PM

TV3 were never paying anything close to the ammount RTE are paying. In fact they are poorly paid for there place in the entertainment business. The TV3 employees work much longer hours too. Any TV3 employee would give their arm for a job at RTE.  I don't know about newstalk but I'd suspect it was similar to TV3. Newstalk was a Dublin station untill recently and I'd say going National still wouldn't have made the payments close.

SKY is not even on the same planet as RTE. It would be like comparing Friends and Fair City.

I understand paying to keep your stars but I don't think the payments made can be justified. They definatley can't be justified today.

Just to add. Where would Kenny go?     
Im talking bout a few years ago when sky threatened to come into ireland proper ( i know they only started with the news but there was rumours of bigger things). Im sure the  radio stations  paid big money to the likes of Dunphy/Hook but TV3 prob wouldnt have had the biggest budget in fairness. I dont see the attraction od Kenny at all but he must be doing something right