TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

Must be the only enjoying Midnight mass ffs!

JoG2

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on October 12, 2021, 04:03:13 PM
Must be the only enjoying Midnight mass ffs!

1 episode to go. Has really picked up again after a couple of bonkers episodes, looking forward to the finale

Rudi

Maid on Netflix is good, 2 episodes in.

Milltown Row2

Been watching Fauda on Netflix, probably not high on the Palestinian list of must watch shows but decent
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Anyone watch the dementia two parter on bbc1 last week and tonight? Tough watch. Just have the last bit to finish tomorrow....therell be no happy endings with this one id say

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 12, 2021, 12:12:12 PM
Quote from: Main Street on October 12, 2021, 12:30:23 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 11, 2021, 11:32:15 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 11, 2021, 10:02:49 PM
Quote from: Taylor on October 08, 2021, 10:00:56 AM
Could be late to the party but started Squid Game.

Halfway through it - weird but addictive at the same time

Thought the same myself.
Aye it was surprisingly good.
I'm 3 episodes in but the addiction hasn't kicked in yet. Maybe if they were all secondary school teachers my glee factor would surge.

Its a bit like Takeshi Castle, only there are crocs and sharks in the water. or instead of a boxing glove punching you in the face its a spear in the eye!

Would watch a lot of the Asian stuff, Alice in Borderland is slightly better I thought.
I will admit though, the tug of war was a cliffhanger in Ep 4.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 12, 2021, 11:25:07 PM
Anyone watch the dementia two parter on bbc1 last week and tonight? Tough watch. Just have the last bit to finish tomorrow....therell be no happy endings with this one id say

Watched both, just a heart breaking show, the young man who's family inherited a 'dementia' gene that starts early is the worst of cruel fates
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Watched the end of it today. Didnt get any better. Poor Gill and and the young un (Chris)?

Hunting the Essex Lorry Killers just started on bbc2. Didnt know they were doing a program on it..

bennydorano

Buffering on the ITV Hub is fairly good for a mainstreamish adult comedy

Tony Baloney

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 13, 2021, 09:03:39 PM
Watched the end of it today. Didnt get any better. Poor Gill and and the young un (Chris)?

Hunting the Essex Lorry Killers just started on bbc2. Didnt know they were doing a program on it..
That Essex Lorry programme was particularly grim. The cops obviously traumatised by the whole experience.

quit yo jibbajabba

For sure. Stories behind all the dead as the program showed.

Mo was a goner from vv early doors, admittin to throwin away a second phone as it would make him look guilty....ironic too that hes got 90% of the publicity but the 3 others got longer sentences..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 13, 2021, 11:39:50 PM
For sure. Stories behind all the dead as the program showed.

Mo was a goner from vv early doors, admittin to throwin away a second phone as it would make him look guilty....ironic too that hes got 90% of the publicity but the 3 others got longer sentences..

Greed, pure unadulterated greed, no f**king morals. They are the ones that got caught, how many are still doing it daily?

This year was the largest numbers that made the channel crossing, I'm sure the figures are high for deaths due to the crossings!

Boycey

Anyone following Kin and looking to get ahead of the RTE curve this week's episode is now on my IPTV service so presumably wherever yis all get ur content from too..

Corny as f**k and full of holes but sure I'll see it out now  :)

nrico2006

Quote from: Boycey on October 15, 2021, 10:34:05 AM
Anyone following Kin and looking to get ahead of the RTE curve this week's episode is now on my IPTV service so presumably wherever yis all get ur content from too..

Aye, I have been getting the episode on a Thursday night most weeks.  As for holes, I couldn't get how the wee assassin boy just walked outside a building full of teenagers last week and was abe to immediately know who Michaels daughter was.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 15, 2021, 11:24:25 AM
Quote from: Boycey on October 15, 2021, 10:34:05 AM

Aye, I have been getting the episode on a Thursday night most weeks.  As for holes, I couldn't get how the wee assassin boy just walked outside a building full of teenagers last week and was abe to immediately know who Michaels daughter was.

It airs on American Streaming service AMC on a Thursday which is why it's available a few days before RTE.

It's no Love/Hate but it's decent drama and an enjoyable enough watch. Looking forward to its conclusion.