Author Topic: China Coronavirus  (Read 980471 times)

DrinkingHarp

• View Profile
Re: China Coronavirus
« Reply #17760 on: November 27, 2021, 12:23:59 AM »
Double vaccinated 6 months ago (Pfizer)

Had a pre work covid test on the 27th of Oct - negative

Felt like a head cold/sinus infection (no temp) Saturday and stayed like that till Tuesday, called off of work M/T had to take a covid test to go back to work today (they are really strict) - positive.

This evening noticed loss of smell, opened a spice jar of both Garlic and Cinnamon and nothing.

Wore my mask everywhere, never went out to socialize the past 2 months because I was swamped with work.

10 days off of work till next test on the 22.

So far all minor symptoms, doctor said the vaccine is more than likely keeping me this way.

Be Careful

Rapid test today and I am now Covid negative.

Still exhausted and a cough but feeling better than last week. Walking three floors to my flat is tiring so I will have to build up my strength again. I feel I was lucky as my vaccinations helped and couldn't imagine going through it without being vaccinated.

Keep safe and mask up.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Blowitupref

• There will be at least 2 mins of additional time
    • View Profile
« Reply #17761 on: November 27, 2021, 12:26:36 AM »
572 in hospital,  643 it was last Friday. ICU 118 no change on a week ago.

Down to 519 as of 8pm this evening. Its was 682 on Sunday night, that's a 24% decrease in 5 days.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #17762 on: November 27, 2021, 12:42:27 AM »
Aseem Malhotra is a British cardiologist, and public health campaigner. He is a visiting professor, author of several books and writer of articles in newspapers, who has written scores of editorials and maintains a high profile on social media and television.

When I hear publishing books, tv media, editorials and so on….I smell bullshit, I smell publicity whore
He's a grifter.

Thastheball

• View Profile
« Reply #17763 on: November 27, 2021, 09:32:34 AM »
Twitter wins again ::)

No that wasn’t twitter talking but a cardiologist Doctor.  msm decide the story. Unfortunately whether we like it or not, there are side effects for a very small minority. That story shouldn’t be buried. However what  is definitely for sure, time will tell.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17764 on: November 27, 2021, 09:41:02 AM »
Used to love hearing advertisements in the states when they were promoting medication…..

Told you all the benefits, then at the very end, at about 100 mph, explained the 20 or so side effects…

Unfortunately everything has side effects
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

seafoid

• View Profile
Lookit

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #17766 on: November 27, 2021, 12:05:43 PM »
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/munster-to-quarantine-for-10-days-on-return-from-south-africa-1.4740071

The Munster rugby squad, coaching and backroom teams will have to quarantine at home for 10 days on their arrival back in Ireland from South Africa according to Government guidelines.

The Minister for Health Stephen Donnelly confirmed that in the wake of the new Covid-19 variant, Omicron, anyone returning to the country from seven southern African countries regardless of vaccine, recovery or PCR test status will have to quarantine at home.

People will have to take two PCR tests during their quarantine period. Donnelly was asked specifically about the Munster contingent and said that the measures apply “regardless of status.”

Johann van Graan’s squad travelled to South Africa and were due to play two matches in the United Rugby Championship (URC), against the Bulls and the Lions both of which have been postponed and will be rescheduled for later in the season.

A more pressing concern for Munster is trying to get home and on Friday night there was no firm confirmation of when that would be possible. Once repatriated, a 10-day quarantine will severely disrupt preparations for the opening Heineken Champions Cup against Wasps at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry on Sunday, December 12th.

It would also mean that Munster would not have played a match in seven weeks ahead of their scheduled fixture against the English Premiership side.

A URC statement read: “Due to the sudden developments connected with the new Covid-19 variant (B.1.1.529) that have immediately placed a number of countries, including South Africa, on the UK and EU travel red lists, the scheduled Round 6 and 7 United Rugby Championship fixtures set to take place in South Africa over the next two weekends have been postponed and will be rescheduled later this season.
Lookit

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #17767 on: November 27, 2021, 01:59:24 PM »
The Barbarians match is off. Munster's matches are off, cricket qualifiers are cancelled.
Not what anyone was expecting.
Lookit

Thastheball

• View Profile
« Reply #17768 on: November 27, 2021, 04:22:58 PM »
https://www.thejournal.ie/germany-omicron-suspected-case-covid-19-south-africa-5613843-Nov2021/?utm_source=shortlink

61 random positive cases on Dutch flight yesterday which shows how absolutely useless vaccine passports are as I assume they all produced a test or passport. All so we can prove the “new variant” is on the way and we can all be told to shit ourselves.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17769 on: November 27, 2021, 04:26:40 PM »
https://www.thejournal.ie/germany-omicron-suspected-case-covid-19-south-africa-5613843-Nov2021/?utm_source=shortlink

61 random positive cases on Dutch flight yesterday which shows how absolutely useless vaccine passports are as I assume they all produced a test or passport. All so we can prove the “new variant” is on the way and we can all be told to shit ourselves.

Is anyone shitting themselves? Is this the new symptom? Big rolls will be in short supply
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Gmac

• View Profile
« Reply #17770 on: November 27, 2021, 05:14:45 PM »
The Barbarians match is off. Munster's matches are off, cricket qualifiers are cancelled.
Not what anyone was expecting.
100k at Michigan v Ohio state game today , tune in take your mind off things .

Thastheball

• View Profile
« Reply #17771 on: November 27, 2021, 05:29:14 PM »

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #17772 on: November 27, 2021, 07:04:16 PM »
Fairly rapid action from the UK Government for a change on Travel, with other things for England that the rest of the UK have been doing anyway.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-59443504

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #17773 on: November 27, 2021, 08:35:02 PM »
https://www.ft.com/content/d42bcd3d-e70d-4e97-818b-40b92d89d7ff

Named Omicron by the World Health Organization on Friday, it is the latest in an ever-growing line of more than 1,500 recognised lineages of the Sars-Cov-2 virus to emerge since the pandemic began.
The question of whether a more transmissible, more deadly or even vaccine-resistant strain could replace the dominant Delta coronavirus variant, which emerged in India late last year, is one that keeps scientists and health officials on high alert. “Has Sars-Cov-2 tried all its tricks? You’d have to be pretty cavalier to believe that,” said Gavin Screaton, an immunologist and head of Oxford university’s Medical Sciences Division.
Typically, these mutations fizzle out, but each one comes with the remote possibility of the virus becoming fitter, possibly enabling it to produce a higher viral load, bind more easily to cells in the airways or evade the body’s immune defences.

Now, with global first-dose coverage of more than 53 per cent and about 30m jabs being administered globally each day, the virus’ next move was “less cut and dried”. “It could become yet more transmissible or find ways of evading our immune response — or do both,” she said.

Some say transmissibility has already peaked. Francois Balloux, director of the University College London Genetics Institute, said the R0 — the reproduction number in a completely exposed population — of the endemic coronaviruses circulating before Sars-Cov-2 topped out at 7, following decades of natural selection.
As Delta has an R0 of between 6 and 7 — which is more than double that of the original strain that emerged from Wuhan, China — the dominant variant may not have “much room to become more contagious in the short term”, he said.
Balloux predicted Sars-Cov-2 would fall into a pattern where it “slowly evolves a way around the immune system” over the course of a decade rather than “continual jumps in transmissibility”. The same, drawn-out evolution can be observed in influenza and seasonal coronaviruses.
 “The key question to be answered is what exactly is the [variant’s] effect on the vaccines,” he added.
Slawomir Kubik, a genomics research expert at Geneva-based biotech Sophia Genetics, stressed that the “fitness” of a variant can only be judged by how it “spreads in the real world”.

“It’s about the genes, the environment and a degree of luck . . . If you have an ‘advantageous’ mutation but never pass it on, it will never spread,” he said.
 “Vaccines are a godsend in their ability to stop infections and severe disease, but paradoxically they also increase the need for us to monitor for these very specific, targeted mutations,” he said.

“Will we move to something where the virus alters its antigenicity and erodes vaccine efficacy? I think that’s likely to happen,” he said. “If the virus is faced with the binary choice of evolving or going extinct, it will evolve.”

Lookit

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #17774 on: November 27, 2021, 09:31:18 PM »
Twitter wins again ::)

No that wasn’t twitter talking but a cardiologist Doctor.  msm decide the story. Unfortunately whether we like it or not, there are side effects for a very small minority. That story shouldn’t be buried. However what  is definitely for sure, time will tell.
A few thousand die each year from taking aspirin but people keep taking it. The upsides of it outweigh the downsides.