Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

extra time

I travelled to Portugal end of August and used the NI covid cert. No problems at all.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: extra time on October 07, 2021, 09:37:24 AM
I travelled to Portugal end of August and used the NI covid cert. No problems at all.

I must ask him later today when he's back, the very man that went would be up to date on all that stuff, so I was surprised he was caught out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Hey folks, whats the deal on entering US from ROI? I had it in my head that you needed a PCR test but studying the advice there on the Aer Lingus website I'm less sure and maybe an express antigen one at the airport will suffice.

If PCR is required will one done at HSE centre be accepted, it specifically says on HSE website they can't be used for travel but they could couldn't they?

Double vaxxed obviously

Rois

Quote from: Boycey on November 03, 2021, 12:48:56 PM
Hey folks, whats the deal on entering US from ROI? I had it in my head that you needed a PCR test but studying the advice there on the Aer Lingus website I'm less sure and maybe an express antigen one at the airport will suffice.

If PCR is required will one done at HSE centre be accepted, it specifically says on HSE website they can't be used for travel but they could couldn't they?

Double vaxxed obviously
In the north, you don't get any sort of certificate from the NHS PCR centres, so wouldn't have anything to show them at the airport. 

5times5times

On a similar note, what's the story with flying from UK into Dublin?

Just show UK covid app and locater form??

Boycey

Quote from: Rois on November 03, 2021, 12:55:12 PM
Quote from: Boycey on November 03, 2021, 12:48:56 PM

Double vaxxed obviously
In the north, you don't get any sort of certificate from the NHS PCR centres, so wouldn't have anything to show them at the airport.

You don't get anything in the south either other than a text message but the advice on Aer Lingus website says

QuoteFully vaccinated travelers must have an original printed or electronic negative COVID-19 viral test result

Test results must include the traveler's full name and at least one other identifier such as date of birth or passport number. The test must also clearly state that the results are "negative," SARS-CoV-2 RNA not detected," SARS-CoV-2 antigen not detected," or "COVID-19 not detected."

The electronic bit makes me think the text message would do....

delgany

Quote from: 5times5times on November 03, 2021, 01:08:01 PM
On a similar note, what's the story with flying from UK into Dublin?

Just show UK covid app and locater form??
The son flew in from Gatwick on Saturday, walked straight through , no checks, onto air coach to Belfast !

giveherlong

Anybody know how long it takes to get registered and approved for the NI COVID app?
Can you get approved over the weekend?
I'm assuming you need it for Spain?

screenexile

Quote from: giveherlong on November 13, 2021, 03:09:16 PM
Anybody know how long it takes to get registered and approved for the NI COVID app?

Shouldn't take long at all few hours I think.

giveherlong

Quote from: screenexile on November 13, 2021, 03:35:16 PM
Quote from: giveherlong on November 13, 2021, 03:09:16 PM

Shouldn't take long at all few hours I think.

Thankyou

HiMucker

Folks hoping someone can help with this one.

Booked with jet2 to go to Lanzarote for the 30th December a while back before all this Omicron mess.
But the other week Spain changed their entry requirements, and everyone over the age of 12 had to be fully vaccinated. The whole family is except for my eldest who is only 13 and rec just one jab so far. Jet 2 have been offering full refunds as they have said she can't get in. She has recovered from covid in the last 90 days and we had per booked for a PCR test before we go as well. Basically the reading of it was that if you were coming from the UK you need to be fully vaccinated. But coming from Ireland and other eu countries you could have recovered from covid in the last 180 days or a PCR test. She will have both. I have booked two separate flights for her and me from Dublin and the wife and younger two can head out from Belfast, which should be no bother at all. I should add we are all Irish pass port holders and actually reside in Donegal as well. From reading up online it seems like she would be ok to go from Belfast, but no one can give us a straight answer. Spoke to a manager at security at Belfast international she thought she wouldn't be allowed on the plane. Jet 2 can't answer the question. Travel agencies the same. One in letterkenny is adamant that she is fine to go from Belfast as she is an EU passport holder and actually resides in the EU as well and that is what they have advised any of their clients that are traveling from Belfast. Basically I don't want to be heading to Dublin if I don't need to, and it puts out a relative who will be giving us a lift in the middle of the night. But equally I don't want to rock up to Belfast and get hassle with the wee one boarding the flight. Absolute joke how we can't get a straight answer. The Spanish site seemed to be pretty clear that it was eu residents and passport holders that are allowed entry with recovered from covid cert or negative PCR test. Any help or advice on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: HiMucker on December 16, 2021, 07:33:51 PM
Folks hoping someone can help with this one.

Booked with jet2 to go to Lanzarote for the 30th December a while back before all this Omicron mess.
But the other week Spain changed their entry requirements, and everyone over the age of 12 had to be fully vaccinated. The whole family is except for my eldest who is only 13 and rec just one jab so far. Jet 2 have been offering full refunds as they have said she can't get in. She has recovered from covid in the last 90 days and we had per booked for a PCR test before we go as well. Basically the reading of it was that if you were coming from the UK you need to be fully vaccinated. But coming from Ireland and other eu countries you could have recovered from covid in the last 180 days or a PCR test. She will have both. I have booked two separate flights for her and me from Dublin and the wife and younger two can head out from Belfast, which should be no bother at all. I should add we are all Irish pass port holders and actually reside in Donegal as well. From reading up online it seems like she would be ok to go from Belfast, but no one can give us a straight answer. Spoke to a manager at security at Belfast international she thought she wouldn't be allowed on the plane. Jet 2 can't answer the question. Travel agencies the same. One in letterkenny is adamant that she is fine to go from Belfast as she is an EU passport holder and actually resides in the EU as well and that is what they have advised any of their clients that are traveling from Belfast. Basically I don't want to be heading to Dublin if I don't need to, and it puts out a relative who will be giving us a lift in the middle of the night. But equally I don't want to rock up to Belfast and get hassle with the wee one boarding the flight. Absolute joke how we can't get a straight answer. The Spanish site seemed to be pretty clear that it was eu residents and passport holders that are allowed entry with recovered from covid cert or negative PCR test. Any help or advice on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

this is obvious,

avoid unnecessary travel in the middle of an unprecedented global pandemic with cases spiraling out of all control  ::)

should be in the wtf thread

HiMucker

Cheers for the great advice  ::)
I predicted some wally would be on with a reply like that

screenexile

While it may be a hassle I'd say Dublin is your most reliable option to make sure your daughter is allowed entry to Spain!

Spanish requirements are below and say that if you're an EU resident you should be ok but it's still hard to be 100% sure.

https://travelsafe.spain.info/en/

Another thing to try would be to ring the Spanish Embassy in Dublin say you're Irish Passport holders travelling from Belfast and see what they say... If they say it's fine I'd try getting an email from them to confirm just in case you get any hassle from authorities when over there.

http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Embajadas/DUBLIN/en/Embajada/Pages/HorariosLocalizacionContacto.aspx

Having said that a lot can change in 2 weeks hopefully you'll be able to go but I wouldn't be packing the bags just yet!

HiMucker

Cheers Screen, appreciate it. Done the embassy and customer service at Belfast international. All stuff like "I believe she should be allowed" and such, nothing filling you 100% confidence lol. I just be more worried that somebody at Belfast makes a balls of it. Would be fairly certain that I would have no hassle on the Spanish side. At this stage the flight from Dublin for the two of us seems the best and stress free option as that's a 100% certain. Thanks