The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Fascist propaganda works.

The majority of Nazis didn't start out as rabid, frothing Jew haters. They were cultivated into them by propaganda.

Yet the Nazis of Germany had far, far less of a propaganda machine available to them than that available to their modern day Republican party equivalents.

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on November 03, 2021, 02:09:42 PM
Fascist propaganda works.

The majority of Nazis didn't start out as rabid, frothing Jew haters. They were cultivated into them by propaganda.

Yet the Nazis of Germany had far, far less of a propaganda machine available to them than that available to their modern day Republican party equivalents.

Oh I forgot, in addition to being called racists and bigots (by the Democrats) for speaking out, they're also called Nazis and Fascists

So somehow you know more about what's taught in Loudon County, Virginia than the people who actually live there and whose children and grandchildren attend schools there?  Interesting

RedHand88

Quote from: sid waddell on November 03, 2021, 01:46:31 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 03, 2021, 01:29:46 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 03, 2021, 01:16:16 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on November 03, 2021, 12:56:31 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on November 03, 2021, 12:07:58 PM
The Dems were toast once it was proven that critical race theory is being taught to elementary school children.
First of all what you've said there is a straight up lie. Virginia doesn't teach critical race theory. So you're a liar.

But here's the thing. Any version of American history which doesn't include critical race theory is a white supremacist version of history.

In other words, fake history.

The Republican propaganda campaign against critical race theory is white supremacism and tyranny in action.

You're wrong (AGAIN)

https://thefederalist.com/2021/10/14/explosive-documents-prove-mcauliffes-administration-pushed-crt-in-virginia-schools/

Assuming that's true, what exactly is the problem? (It must be bad because I just saw a headline that said 25% of VA voters had it as their top issue!)

Is it, as RedHand88 claims, that six year olds are being taught its "bad" to be white?
Whitey, as usual is completely wrong. Virginia doesn't teach critical race theory in schools, as he claims.

The point is, it should.

Every school in the US should be taught it.

White society in the US needs a dose of reality and a serious dose of shame about its history and its present. The officially prescribed fake version history it believes is a lie.

Whitey and Red Hand88 are the types that would have Unionist propaganda shoved down the throat of every Catholic child in the North if they could.

There is no point talking to you anymore. You would have innocent children with no concept of race taught that they should be ashamed of something that happened 200 years ago.

Theres no reasoning with that logic. There is no meet in the middle. You arent going to come in from your crazy far left white hating cliff so I'm not wasting my time.

I cant be bothered anymore. I wish you well.

whitey

J70-I'm listening to Morning Joe on MSNBC

I'm paraphrasing Willie Geist (hardly a rabid Republican)

"While technically CRT is not being taught in Virginia schools, in reality many elements of CRT are in fact being taught in our schools"

Kickham csc

The Democrats (I am a left of center democrat voter...usually), are screwing up due to an increasing trend to focus on left leaning identity politics and not concentrating on bread and butter issues.

The "defund the police" movement was embraced by the squad until they realized it was election kryptonite,
McAuliffe's gaff on parents should not be involved in education was shocking, and election kryptonite
Murphy's gaff on if taxes are your issue then NJ is not the state for you was shocking, and election kryptonite
Joe's fossil fuel strategy is long term correct, but short term election kryptonite (high gas prices impact poor democrat voters more than "well off republicians)

Increasingly the democrats look like a party who are out of touch of the constituent's bread and butter issues.

Policing is an issue and needs to be fixed, but needs to be done with the police. Crime rates in democrat run city's needs to be solved and alienating the police is not smart politics. The party's image has been manipulated to an extent that they care more for criminal rights than for law abiding citizens and that they are handcuffing police's ability to get in control of crime

Education standards needs to be improved, focusing on political indoctrination is not the solution ( I am 100% behind teaching US history warts and all, and if CRT delivered that then I would be fully supportive, but if it also assigns white guilt to children then no way, f**k off. Why should my children have white guilt assigned to them when their mothers family moved to the states in the 80's and I moved in the early 00's. They have nothing to be ashamed about.

Also, the democrats in DC have a blind spot in their obsession with Trump and the Jan insurrection. Let the FBI handle the investigation, but FFS, they should be obsessed with getting things approved to demonstrate they can actually govern while in power and at the minute they are failing terribly. 

sid waddell

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 03, 2021, 03:13:59 PM
The Dems were toast once it was proven that critical race theory is being taught to elementary school children.
First of all what you've said there is a straight up lie. Virginia doesn't teach critical race theory. So you're a liar.

But here's the thing. Any version of American history which doesn't include critical race theory is a white supremacist version of history.

The Republican propaganda campaign against critical race theory is white supremacism and tyranny in action.

You're wrong (AGAIN)

https://thefederalist.com/2021/10/14/explosive-documents-prove-mcauliffes-administration-pushed-crt-in-virginia-schools/

Assuming that's true, what exactly is the problem? (It must be bad because I just saw a headline that said 25% of VA voters had it as their top issue!)

Is it, as RedHand88 claims, that six year olds are being taught its "bad" to be white?
Whitey, as usual is completely wrong. Virginia doesn't teach critical race theory in schools, as he claims.

The point is, it should.

White society in the US needs a dose of reality and a serious dose of shame about its history and its present. The officially prescribed fake version history it believes is a lie.

Whitey and Red Hand88 are the types that would have Unionist propaganda shoved down the throat of every Catholic child in the North if they could.

There is no point talking to you anymore. You would have innocent children with no concept of race taught that they should be ashamed of something that happened 200 years ago.

Theres no reasoning with that logic. There is no meet in the middle. You arent going to come in from your crazy far left white hating cliff so I'm not wasting my time.

Cool. Let's just have a curriculum which teaches the TUV version of history in Northern Irish schools.

You can post in favour of that under the exact same logic.

And shure lets' start teaching German kids their country has nothing to be ashamed of over World War II. That there was no difference in the respective moral causes of Nazi Germany and those who fought to defeat them.

Yeah, great idea that.

Although funny enough, or not funny at all, teachers in Texas are now being told they have to give the "opposing view" of the Holocaust.

What is the "opposing view" of the Holocaust? That it didn't happen?

That's the sorry state America is in now.

whitey

Here's the type of lunacy which we have to deal with in Massachusetts

Halloween "deemphasized" in Melrose Massachusetts in an effort to be "more inclusive"

I get it that Christmas and Columbus Day might not be entirely inclusive, but FFS after the year kids have had, let's take all the joy out of Halloween while we're at it.

Do these people just sit around and concoct solutions to problems which don't exist

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.masslive.com/boston/2021/10/jimmy-kimmel-reacts-to-melrose-superintendents-decision-to-deemphasize-halloween-whos-feeling-marginalized-by-a-halloween-party.html%3foutputType=amp

(Kümmel joked that the superintendent's house will probably get egged. Now he's being accused of inciting violence against her)

sid waddell

"Anti-woke" is white supremacism.

It's white supremacism first, white supremacism last, and white supremacism everywhere in between.

And you couldn't get a clearer example than the above poster.

Gmac

Quote from: sid waddell on November 03, 2021, 04:05:36 PM

You're wrong (AGAIN)

The point is, it should.

Cool. Let's just have a curriculum which teaches the TUV version of history in Northern Irish schools.

And shure lets' start teaching German kids their country has nothing to be ashamed of over World War II. That there was no difference in the respective moral causes of Nazi Germany and those who fought to defeat them.

Yeah, great idea that.

Although funny enough, or not funny at all, teachers in Texas are now being told they have to give the "opposing view" of the Holocaust.

democrats in Virginia are too busy covering up rapes of female students in transgender bathrooms , Sending campaign staff to youngkin rally dressed as nazis with tiki torches, sending fools to youngkin rally with confederate flags on their jackets . Plus having the worst president ever doesn't help

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on November 03, 2021, 04:28:46 PM
"Anti-woke" is white supremacism.

It's white supremacism first, white supremacism last, and white supremacism everywhere in between.

And you couldn't get a clearer example than the above poster.

Please continue

Democrats are going to get wiped out next year if they keep going on this track

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 03, 2021, 04:24:55 PM

Halloween "deemphasized" in Melrose Massachusetts in an effort to be "more inclusive"

I get it that Christmas and Columbus Day might not be entirely inclusive, but FFS after the year kids have had, let's take all the joy out of Halloween while we're at it.

Do these people just sit around and concoct solutions to problems which don't exist

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.masslive.com/boston/2021/10/jimmy-kimmel-reacts-to-melrose-superintendents-decision-to-deemphasize-halloween-whos-feeling-marginalized-by-a-halloween-party.html%3foutputType=amp

(Kümmel joked that the superintendent's house will probably get egged. Now he's being accused of inciting violence against her)

To me, that's the other side of the coin from the CRT hysteria.

One side is scared shitless of leaving anyone out or offending anyone (at least their motives are honourable), the other is absolutely determined that the real, historical enslavement and oppression suffered by some groups of Americans be whitewashed over lest their kids have to grow up knowing that their country has treated those groups like shit and that that has had ongoing effects down to this day.

Thankfully, my kids get to learn about MLK and Rosa Parks and their noble struggle, while at the same time their very diverse public school allows them to wear their costumes in for a Halloween celebration.

sid waddell

Quote from: Gmac on November 03, 2021, 04:29:52 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on November 03, 2021, 04:05:36 PM

You're wrong (AGAIN)

The point is, it should.

Yeah, great idea that.

democrats in Virginia are too busy covering up rapes of female students in transgender bathrooms , Sending campaign staff to youngkin rally dressed as nazis with tiki torches, sending fools to youngkin rally with confederate flags on their jackets . Plus having the worst president ever doesn't help
You and the entirety of right wing America plead fealty to somebody who is credibly alleged to have raped a 13 year old.

You're fine with that.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 03, 2021, 04:39:52 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 03, 2021, 04:24:55 PM

To me, that's the other side of the coin from the CRT hysteria.

One side is scared shitless of leaving anyone out or offending anyone (at least their motives are honourable), the other is absolutely determined that the real, historical enslavement and oppression suffered by some groups of Americans be whitewashed over lest their kids have to grow up knowing that their country has treated those groups like shit and that that has had ongoing effects down to this day.

Thankfully, my kids get to learn about MLK and Rosa Parks and their noble struggle, while at the same time their very diverse public school allows them to wear their costumes in for a Halloween celebration.

I wouldn't  call their motives honorable

I view it as a bunch of culture Nazis imposing their views on everyone else from their Ivory Towers and virtue signaling with a bunch of nonsense.

She never asked for feedback from parents-she just went ahead and did it. They pay her $183,000 salary-she works for them

whitey