The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armamike on June 28, 2022, 10:04:38 AM
Darmanin from the French Government has now apologised to Liverpool for what happened at the stadium. Now shifting the blame onto locals.  Only took him 6 weeks.

To make things up they are going to play the match again and invite them over for free..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Darmanin from the French Government has now apologised to Liverpool for what happened at the stadium. Now shifting the blame onto locals.  Only took him 6 weeks.
There are a few on here that could admit they were wrong also....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Armamike

Quote from: laoislad on June 28, 2022, 01:57:08 PM
There are a few on here that could admit they were wrong also....

I think that will take a bit longer!  There were a lot of people quick to jump in and use as a stick.
That's just, like your opinion man.

keep her low this half

In fairness it took the English government the best part of 30 years

quit yo jibbajabba

Was gona say this at the time but its hard to put without maybe annoying someone - but if mobile phones/social media had been around in the Hillsborough days could the whole thing have been "sorted" within months rather than the 30yrs odd....few more boys maybe brought to justice..

Anyway tis immaterial...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 29, 2022, 12:55:05 PM
Was gona say this at the time but its hard to put without maybe annoying someone - but if mobile phones/social media had been around in the Hillsborough days could the whole thing have been "sorted" within months rather than the 30yrs odd....few more boys maybe brought to justice..

Anyway tis immaterial...

Social media has its good points and its negative side, but something like Hillsborough would have been dealt with at the time a lot quicker and forced the government into taking proper action..

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 29, 2022, 02:41:12 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 29, 2022, 12:55:05 PM

Anyway tis immaterial...

Social media has its good points and its negative side, but something like Hillsborough would have been dealt with at the time a lot quicker and forced the government into taking proper action..

don't kid yourself.

South Yorkshire police did a lot of dirty work during the miners strikes, so when the shít hit the fan with the way they mismanaged Hillsborough the Tory Gov and their compliant media came to their aid.

Don't think that culture has changed an awful lot since.

TabClear

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 22, 2022, 10:59:34 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on June 22, 2022, 10:02:28 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 22, 2022, 09:51:53 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 22, 2022, 09:47:04 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on June 22, 2022, 02:32:29 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 22, 2022, 01:33:47 AM
Minamino gone to Monaco - 15m euro plus add-ones

Good deal for all concerned...seem like a good fella but just never going to get games with the bucks in front of him

He didnt play an awful lot, but got some improtant goals particularly in the cup run. Bought for around 7m and sold for 15m after 2 years of beinga solid squad player is decent enough business.

Completely agree. He has moved on, Sadio, Divock, likely that big Nat, Neco and Ben Davies go too. That frees up the guts of £350k per week salaries wise. Nunez is £100k the 2 young lads a drop into that,  maybe a contract for Mo is not out of the question....

Did Ben Davis ever kick a ball for the Liverpool first team?

Not competitively. Played a pre-season game I think. His fee that was paid out has been recouped through the loan fee from last season so any money made on a sale is profit. Small money but still like likely to be £3-5m

I read somewhere recently he is on a five year deal for the same money as Diaz is on. Dangers of a desperate buyer although to be fair Liverpool have not got stung too often recently.

I think he is on £60k/pw which is probably what I would have expected, just though Diaz would be on a lot more.

Minus15

Saffrongael

Quote from: TabClear on June 29, 2022, 02:50:02 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 22, 2022, 10:59:34 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on June 22, 2022, 10:02:28 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 22, 2022, 09:51:53 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 22, 2022, 09:47:04 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on June 22, 2022, 02:32:29 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 22, 2022, 01:33:47 AM
Minamino gone to Monaco - 15m euro plus add-ones

Good deal for all concerned...seem like a good fella but just never going to get games with the bucks in front of him

He didnt play an awful lot, but got some improtant goals particularly in the cup run. Bought for around 7m and sold for 15m after 2 years of beinga solid squad player is decent enough business.

Completely agree. He has moved on, Sadio, Divock, likely that big Nat, Neco and Ben Davies go too. That frees up the guts of £350k per week salaries wise. Nunez is £100k the 2 young lads a drop into that,  maybe a contract for Mo is not out of the question....

Did Ben Davis ever kick a ball for the Liverpool first team?

Not competitively. Played a pre-season game I think. His fee that was paid out has been recouped through the loan fee from last season so any money made on a sale is profit. Small money but still like likely to be £3-5m

I read somewhere recently he is on a five year deal for the same money as Diaz is on. Dangers of a desperate buyer although to be fair Liverpool have not got stung too often recently.

I think he is on £60k/pw which is probably what I would have expected, just though Diaz would be on a lot more.

Diaz would be on double that at least
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

TabClear

Quote from: Saffrongael on June 29, 2022, 10:38:09 PM
Quote from: TabClear on June 29, 2022, 02:50:02 PM

Diaz would be on double that at least

I would have thought that as well but not according to media at the time of the deal. I would say if he keeps his form up a renegotiation is likely this year like they did with Salah/VVD etc

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-transfer-news-luis-diaz-26078016
https://www.teamtalk.com/liverpool/luis-diaz-transfer-agreed-porto-star-to-fly-to-england-to-sign-up

Quote from: Minus15 on June 29, 2022, 10:36:14 PM
Ben Davies on 60k a week? Not a chance.

I am just going by what I have seen online with all the usual caveats but thats the only figure I have seen quoted.

https://lfcglobe.co.uk/liverpool-fc-players-wages-contract-details/
https://thecelticstar.com/second-time-lucky-former-celtic-target-ben-davies-to-leave-liverpool/

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/liverpool-fc/ben-davies-71614/

RedHand88

laoislad

They will be able get a big fee for him next summer now rather than lose him on a free.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Didn't see that coming...wonder what he is in?

Great news though!