The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Im gona stick with my initial thoughts in that 3 trophies is a treble

Sayin that Carvalho bought as a forward/no10 so maybe Minamino is on his way along with big divock the ledge

Interested/looking forward to seeing where Elliot and Carvalho fit in on the scheme of things next season

Also saying Fab VVD and Gomez all fit for Sat eve. Smacks of firing out good news after yday, Fab be the one id be most concerned about

laoislad

Quote from: Armamike on May 23, 2022, 11:29:47 AM
Quote from: trailer on May 23, 2022, 11:21:03 AM
Point of order

No league = no treble, no double etc.

Couldn't care less.  If Liverpool manage to pull off a win against Madrid it will have been a magical season.  It's been unreal so far but that would top it.
Will have been a great season whatever happens next weekend. The Champions League would of course top the lot but winning two out of the 3 domestic trophies is still a good season.
It's funny Man U fans having a pop after their worst points total in Premier League history and Everton fans the same when they survived in the league by the skin of their teeth, and here they are having a go at Liverpool for not winning a feckin quadruple 😂 shows you just how good we have become.
Wasn't that long ago we were losing to Northampton with Roy Hodgson at the wheel, it's always a bigger and quicker fall the further you go up. Look at Man United nearly a decade without a Premier League title. The years don't be long adding up as we very well know.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 23, 2022, 11:44:48 AM
Im gona stick with my initial thoughts in that 3 trophies is a treble

Sayin that Carvalho bought as a forward/no10 so maybe Minamino is on his way along with big divock the ledge

Interested/looking forward to seeing where Elliot and Carvalho fit in on the scheme of things next season

Also saying Fab VVD and Gomez all fit for Sat eve. Smacks of firing out good news after yday, Fab be the one id be most concerned about

Poor mans treble  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

1 title in 30 odd years is a pathetic return. You can't consider this team great until they win 2 or 3 in a row. For all the nonsense spouted here by Liverpool diehards they're a cup team. A good one I'll give you that, but still just a cup team.

GiveItToTheShooters

Playing that card then? Still beats United's drought of 41 years. Next.

Armamike

Quote from: trailer on May 23, 2022, 12:45:17 PM
1 title in 30 odd years is a pathetic return. You can't consider this team great until they win 2 or 3 in a row. For all the nonsense spouted here by Liverpool diehards they're a cup team. A good one I'll give you that, but still just a cup team.

Is that the best you can do?  Need to be more subtle with the wind ups.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armamike on May 23, 2022, 01:24:12 PM

Is that the best you can do?  Need to be more subtle with the wind ups.

Way too strong...

Liverpool are an unreal team regardless of the wind ups and so (you'll have to expect that and the only way it will stop is if you win on Sat) , Klopp is the perfect fit as well. Not sure how the World cup will impact the league next year, it could throw up a strange set of results and runs, be interesting to see the summer signings and non summer signings
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

United's laughable mediocrity hitting hard this morning pet?

gawa316

I'd go with this but you could name 3 or 4 teams that all would be incredible

--------------------Clemance--------------------
---Neal-------Hanson----Van Dijk------Robertson
--------------Gerrard-----Souness---------------
------Salah---------Dalglish--------Mane---------
-----------------------Rush-----------------

Armamike

I'd have John Barnes in there instead of Gerrard.
That's just, like your opinion man.

gawa316

Quote from: Armamike on May 24, 2022, 10:29:13 PM
I'd have John Barnes in there instead of Gerrard.

It was a close call with Barnes and Mane for me. Barnes was my favorite player growing up but Mane's numbers are just exceptional.

That team I picked is already on the attacking side to say the least, are you thinking of later in years Barnes when he played CM for us?

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: gawa316 on May 24, 2022, 09:59:25 PM
I'd go with this but you could name 3 or 4 teams that all would be incredible

--------------------Clemance--------------------
---Neal-------Hanson----Van Dijk------Robertson
--------------Gerrard-----Souness---------------
------Salah---------Dalglish--------Mane---------
-----------------------Rush-----------------

Not a bad effort gawa but id deffo have barnes ahead of Mane (and nowhere near a cm spot cos he couldnt run by then lol)

Wildweasel74

Always maintained champions league the only show in town, always has been, its only in England and Sky they try to up the Premiership, if its as good as they make out a English team win the champions league every Yr, at ain't the case.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 24, 2022, 11:29:10 PM
Always maintained champions league the only show in town, always has been, its only in England and Sky they try to up the Premiership, if its as good as they make out a English team win the champions league every Yr, at ain't the case.
You might have the opportunity to win or lose it as was the case with Liverpool this season however the best English team always wins the league title. The European cup especially since it became the Champions league you don't have to be the best in your own country to win it matter of fact the fourth best in England last season Chelsea won it.