Author Topic: Murder or self-defence?  (Read 1700 times)

RadioGAAGAA

• View Profile
Re: Murder or self-defence?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2022, 06:59:01 AM »
What was to stop him doing what any normal person would do and get in the house and call the police?

haha - very funny.

and do you ask them nicely to wait outside for the day or two it might take the peelers to turn up?

Get real. The police, outside a few population centres, may as well not exist.
i usse an speelchekor

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2022, 07:43:37 AM »
What was to stop him doing what any normal person would do and get in the house and call the police? He hardly good intentions with a hook and a bottle of ammonia.
Wouldn’t have been much of him left by then

Milltown Row2

• Catch yourself on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2022, 09:11:56 AM »
At the risk of getting banned. Are they a law unto themselves. We need to stop making excuses for the traveling community. If this had happened among the "settled" population. We would be appalled and demand justice. Welcome the travellers into a multi ethnic Irish society and expect them to abide by the laws of same.

I'd say they are no different the the lawless gangs out there who have no problems murdering people over drugs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2022, 09:48:42 AM »
At the risk of getting banned. Are they a law unto themselves. We need to stop making excuses for the traveling community. If this had happened among the "settled" population. We would be appalled and demand justice. Welcome the travellers into a multi ethnic Irish society and expect them to abide by the laws of same.

I'd say they are no different the the lawless gangs out there who have no problems murdering people over drugs

Completely agree. I grew up among many settled traveller families and they are no different to you or I. The difficulty is that whenever something like this happens,  which is often enough, they are all lumped together. There is a certain level of lawlessness among them but w wonky hear of that side of them. There are many more just struggling to get through life like the rest of us.

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2022, 11:54:54 AM »

Completely agree. I grew up among many settled traveller families and they are no different to you or I. The difficulty is that whenever something like this happens,  which is often enough, they are all lumped together. There is a certain level of lawlessness among them but w wonky hear of that side of them. There are many more just struggling to get through life like the rest of us.

Problem is we hear of crazy incidents like this, and much worse every week, in what is 'not' in the traveller community.

Much worse in fact.