Maigh Eo v Doire

Started by Tubberman, June 19, 2017, 08:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Well hopefully that's our bad day at the office out of the system. Crazy game! :)

ONeill

Games like that really stand to you.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Mayo in August again.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

highorlow

Great Spirit once again . Fair play to the lads, especially the subs. The lads that made the difference were only forced into the battle by the management but we will take that. rochford might stumble on a team.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Rossfan

Did ye widen the goals for extra time or what?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Derry deserve enormous credit for holding their own against a top 5 team in their home venue in normal time but it should also be acknowledged that they had emptied their tank by the 60 minute and its easier for any team to get scores against tired bodies who clearly didn't have the conditioning,experienced of established Div one team like Mayo. The Derry heads dropped completely after the penalty was missed in extra time as well.

A slight cause for concern for Mayo that they needed until extra time to show the gap between the sides however a win is a win and i would expect Mayo to kick on now and reach the All Ireland quarter final at least.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Mayo4Sam

Thought AOS deserved MOTM

Weird game, it's like we started kicking the scores in ET that we were missing in normal time. Where the f**k was our sweeper? Derry beat one tackle and they were wide open for scoring, bizarre!
Fair play to Doherty and Especially Loftus, nice to see him do something!
Deegan is a brutal ref, for both sides but felt the "double yellow" decisions could all have been blacks for Derry. That No. 5 for Derry was a tr**p!

Anyway good to still be there and probably will stand to us the manner of the victory. I don't think an extra 20mins will effect them too much
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

criostlinn

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 01, 2017, 09:51:29 PM

Weird game, it's like we started kicking the scores in ET that we were missing in normal time. Where the f**k was our sweeper? Derry beat one tackle and they were wide open for scoring, bizarre!
Deegan is a brutal ref, for both sides but felt the "double yellow" decisions could all have been blacks for Derry. That No. 5 for Derry was a tr**p!

Anyway good to still be there and probably will stand to us the manner of the victory. I don't think an extra 20mins will effect them too much

Deegan reffing is like a complete fuking lottery. Its gone beyond a joke at this stage. No one knows what hes gonna let go or blow up for. Decisions can go for you or against you but absolutely so consistency from one minute to the next. He just seems to be making it up as he's going along
And of course not helped by linesmen tonight. One man cannot see Diarmuid O'Connor getting eye gouged and battered by 2 players from 10m  away but the other lad can see Paddy Durcan strike from 60m away.

Anyway. We live to fight another day. Tis some craic following this team

Mayo4Sam

There were two incidents towards the end, the DOC yellow, where it was crystal clear he was dragged down and then tag teamed, hop ball. Then AOS man handles his man, lies on him and the goalie (correctly) goes in and clears him out, hop ball again.

macdanger2

McLoughlin was very niave to just stop playing when DOC was being wrestled rather than play the whistle,  instead of us having possession it was restarted as a hop ball (correctly) which I think we lost.

Il Bomber Destro

Big worries for Mayo but it was very similar against Fermanagh last year.

My gut instinct tells me that the legs are gone on a lot of their key players, they are hugely reliant on a 34 year old Andy Moran in attack. Cillian O'Connor just doesn't contribute enough from play.

Il Bomber Destro

Fair play to Derry.

It just shows that they have the players to make a big impact on Championship if they all commit and get a good management setup in.

Mayo4Sam

Thought COC was very good this evening, won a savage amount of ball

screenexile

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 01, 2017, 09:51:29 PM

I actually agree with you he was the best player on the pitch!

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 01, 2017, 11:12:27 PM

My gut instinct tells me that the legs are gone on a lot of their key players, they are hugely reliant on a 34 year old Andy Moran in attack. Cillian O'Connor just doesn't contribute enough from play.

I don't think we will ever see Cillian O'Connor produce a performance like he did against Donegal in 2014 again, he is generally consistently good but he was something special that day. Has not got there since.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on July 01, 2017, 11:22:01 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 01, 2017, 11:12:27 PM

I don't think we will ever see Cillian O'Connor produce a performance like he did against Donegal in 2014 again, he is generally consistently good but he was something special that day. Has not got there since.

I think it was more a case of Donegal being ran ragged and not having the hunger/heart for it in their AI hangover. Mayo were fired up that day, Donegal didn't want it.

O'Connor is very easily bottled up.