Maigh Eo v Doire

Started by Tubberman, June 19, 2017, 08:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Derry gonna have plenty of fun with their own keeper.

By fun I mean heart attacks.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

GalwayBayBoy

Derry keeper living up to his hairstyle.

twohands!!!

Nice juggling skills on display there though :D

Captain Obvious

Derry should be further ahead but basic errors and wastefulness in front of goal means they aren't. Awful soft black card could be a turning point that decision

Itchy

Black was very harsh, don't think he pulled him down rather hit him a slap that knocked him. If Derry were just a bit cuter they could win this.

tyssam5

Quick rules question - used to be if you were being tackled and an arm held you could throw the ball up and fist pass it with the same hand. Mayo got pulled for that, is it no longer the rule or did the Mayo guy just not do an obvious enough striking action?

Blowitupref

Half time Mayo 0-7 Derry 0-8. A deserved lead for Derry. Mayo are as flat as the MacHale park atmosphere
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Zulu

Not sure about that, Mayo have missed some awful chances themselves. Thought Mayo would be there or thereabouts last year even when they weren't playing well but hard to see them stepping up this year. You just can't see their forwards getting them over the line and they mightn't even get over this hurdle as if they fall 3 or 4 behind I'd say they could be done for.

twohands!!!

1 point kicked over the bar by Andy Moran, 1 point hand-passed over by Lee Keegan, 5 frees kicked by COC ( and a fair few of those frees were fairly cheap ones to give away by Derry)

By my count Mayo had 13 other shooting attempts, between efforts that dropped short, were blocked down /saved/hit the post and wides.

Wildweasel74

Thst black a plus for derry, he does nothing but foul all the time

Zulu

Quote from: tyssam5 on July 01, 2017, 05:42:53 PM
Quick rules question - used to be if you were being tackled and an arm held you could throw the ball up and fist pass it with the same hand. Mayo got pulled for that, is it no longer the rule or did the Mayo guy just not do an obvious enough striking action?

Wrong call by the ref.

dublin7

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 01, 2017, 05:40:08 PM
Derry should be further ahead but basic errors and wastefulness in front of goal means they aren't. Awful soft black card could be a turning point that decision

Mayo forwards as reliable as ever. Only Andy Moran has scored from play and the other 5 offering nothing. Aidan O'Shea spent so long playing basketball he has forgotten football is a contact sport. Any time he is touched near the penalty area he has gone down and got a couple of soft frees. If Derry stop giving away frees they could win this game. Close game but the pace/standard is poor

macdanger2

Poor from us so far, familiar lethargy throughout the team. Leaders needed now

joemamas

Mayo half-forward line are brutal
Can't score and losing most battles

GalwayBayBoy

Derry have probably been the better side but needed to take one of those goal chances. Seems like a game where Mayo will probably get over the line in the end.