Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megaman

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 07, 2015, 01:52:07 PM
Doodaa it would be nothing any worse than any rivalries in Derry - in fact maybe wouldn't be as bad. It does seem at the minute that the "high profile" players from both clubs don't get on and if you listened to people then one high profile player in particular hasn't been picked on the back of this. This appears to have exarcerbated things a lot.

Dunloy Loughgiel would surely be worse with the 5 in row banners etc when Loughgiel were losing a run of finals.

good post/answer IMO

doodaa

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 07, 2015, 02:00:51 PM
whilst i always want lgiel to be beat as our rivals at the same time there's no hostility between the two clubs. Both have a good respect for one another and work well at all levels, esp at under age level.

At the recent McGarry cup match our seniors were fed and watered after the games by Lgiel club with a great feed afterwards that any club would of been proud of.

We dont wish each other to win anything but we still respect one anothers achievements.

That's what I thought as well.
Rivalries like that are healthy in the GAA IMO.

There does still seem to be a lot of posters on here suggesting that the Cushendall/ Loughgiel issue is one which is affecting the county team. As imtommygunn noted, its the same as the rivalries we have in Derry and we don't appear to have an issue with players not being picked due to this. (We have plenty of other issues mind you!)

johnneycool

Quote from: doodaa on August 07, 2015, 03:10:42 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 07, 2015, 02:00:51 PM
whilst i always want lgiel to be beat as our rivals at the same time there's no hostility between the two clubs. Both have a good respect for one another and work well at all levels, esp at under age level.

At the recent McGarry cup match our seniors were fed and watered after the games by Lgiel club with a great feed afterwards that any club would of been proud of.

We dont wish each other to win anything but we still respect one anothers achievements.

That's what I thought as well.
Rivalries like that are healthy in the GAA IMO.

There does still seem to be a lot of posters on here suggesting that the Cushendall/ Loughgiel issue is one which is affecting the county team. As imtommygunn noted, its the same as the rivalries we have in Derry and we don't appear to have an issue with players not being picked due to this. (We have plenty of other issues mind you!)

I think one of the issues is that there was a perception within Loughgeil that Kevin Ryan was very much influenced by his captain and Cushendall player Neil McManus, which if true was poor work by Ryan.

I'm sure that type of thing could be put to bed by another manager and as long as everyone is deemed to have a fair crack at it and prepared to put a full effort in for the collective good there can be no qualms.
No only do you need to be fair, you need to be seen to be fair.

Na Glinntí Glasa

the cdall and lgiel thing isnt healthy or productive. Its went off the pitch, which isn't the clubs fault, but rather that of individuals.

Dunloy v Loughgiel is (most of the time) a real blood and thunder game where neither player or supporter will accept they will lose. Even now knowing Lgiel are way ahead of us on the pitch i still go to the game with them expecting us to win.

They are the same. Its breed into us as kids to want to beat each other :)
hurl like f**k boi!

getevennotcross

All sorted now - WUM = Wind Up Merchant, forgive me ignorance, honestly did not know what this meant!

Fair to say though, I am no more a WUM than anyone else here.  Have opinions, prejudices, suggestions, loyalties and dislikes just like everyone else, but probably a little more broad shouldered and thick skinned than others.

I'll leave it there though.

Jesusjones

After DunloyRealist saying nice things about Loughgiel I firmly believe this is an attempt to lull Loughgiel into a false sense of security. Because of this Dunloy are clear favorites for the championship.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 07, 2015, 10:27:10 PM
After DunloyRealist saying nice things about Loughgiel I firmly believe this is an attempt to lull Loughgiel into a false sense of security. Because of this Dunloy are clear favorites for the championship.
seconded.  ;D
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Watched Gorts labour against 14 men last night after St Endas had man sent off early in first half..... Any aspirations of going further would need to be addressed quickly.... But that may sound as I'm discrediting St Enda's who for my money hurled the better but lost due to the man advantage gorts had... Entertaining game, not one for the purists but plenty of championship heart
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2015, 08:36:34 AM
Watched Gorts labour against 14 men last night after St Endas had man sent off early in first half..... Any aspirations of going further would need to be addressed quickly.... But that may sound as I'm discrediting St Enda's who for my money hurled the better but lost due to the man advantage gorts had... Entertaining game, not one for the purists but plenty of championship heart
we are certainly disapointed and had we all our forwards available and kept 15 on the pitch I am certain we could have taken it and of course had you been the man in the middle as well MR  ;).
Rossa were poor against us last year and then look what happened, so who knows for Gorts, they are not top end of the table for nothing.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Last Man on August 08, 2015, 10:36:31 AM
we are certainly disapointed and had we all our forwards available and kept 15 on the pitch I am certain we could have taken it and of course had you been the man in the middle as well MR  ;).
Rossa were poor against us last year and then look what happened, so who knows for Gorts, they are not top end of the table for nothing.

Plenty to be positive last Man.. Good progress and what I liked was a fierce amount of fight... That's all you can ask
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

antrimgeal1989

Quote from: Last Man on August 08, 2015, 10:36:31 AM

Why were all your forwards not available?

Minder

Cloughmills beat us by a goal tonight in Ballycastle, gale force wind so we were 0-11 to 0-2 up at HT, but had a man sent off in first half. Weather ruined the game & the ref was about as inept as I have seen in a while.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on August 09, 2015, 12:00:58 AM
Cloughmills beat us by a goal tonight in Ballycastle, gale force wind so we were 0-11 to 0-2 up at HT, but had a man sent off in first half. Weather ruined the game & the ref was about as inept as I have seen in a while.
Milltown Row?

Milltown Row2

So was it the weather referee or the fact that Cloughmills were the better more discipline team?? 9 up is not bad considering, you'd have played extra man in defense anyways against a strong wind and played a time snapping dull second half and worked for score-able frees to tick over??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 09, 2015, 12:27:16 AM
Milltown Row?

Sorry not guilty.....