Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudigar

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on November 12, 2009, 03:42:17 PM
get that 'poor mans Michael Jackson' on that list

Not being smart, but who is this?

Harsh on Sissoko by the way, had a couple of very good seasons before his turd/third year.

TheGreatRambo

Quote from: Rudigar on November 12, 2009, 03:36:55 PM
Ballinaman, do you even realise you have listed players bought for the Academy.

The GreatRambo, you're blind ref is such a common theme, Ferguson has done it, as has Rafa, it's not acceptable , but it is not seen as a personal attack.

"The pace of the game demanded a referee who was fit. He was not fit.

"You see referees abroad who are as fit as butcher's dogs. He was taking 30 seconds to book a player. He was needing a rest. It was ridiculous."

"He was also walking up the pitch for the second goal needing a rest."

I think this is a bit more personal.

When he was asked to assess Dowd's performance, the Spaniard slowly took his glasses out of his case in the post-match press conference and waved them in the air. "I think everybody could see, especially the penalty on Voronin," he said.

"It was so clear. The third one you can discuss whether the ball was to the hand or the hand to the ball. The other one was so clear it was unbelievable. But with this referee, it is impossible to get two penalties away from home.

Don't get me wrong, Fergusons an old goat and regularly oversteps the mark and is probably well worth his ban but he AND others have said much worse and got away with it so why did the media create such a furore this time? Must have been a slow week

ballinaman

Ya, i know a good few of those players are/were bought for the academy. Just thought it was interesting to see the names because the 76 number is branded around a fair bit. Sissoko was harsh, played well against Juve the time in 05 if i memory serves me right! Some amount of wheeling and deeling it's got to be said, pools squad is better for it though.... ::)

Rudigar

Quote from: TheGreatRambo on November 12, 2009, 03:55:01 PM
Quote from: Rudigar on November 12, 2009, 03:36:55 PM
Ballinaman, do you even realise you have listed players bought for the Academy.

The GreatRambo, you're blind ref is such a common theme, Ferguson has done it, as has Rafa, it's not acceptable , but it is not seen as a personal attack.

"The pace of the game demanded a referee who was fit. He was not fit.

"You see referees abroad who are as fit as butcher's dogs. He was taking 30 seconds to book a player. He was needing a rest. It was ridiculous."

"He was also walking up the pitch for the second goal needing a rest."

I think this is a bit more personal.

When he was asked to assess Dowd's performance, the Spaniard slowly took his glasses out of his case in the post-match press conference and waved them in the air. "I think everybody could see, especially the penalty on Voronin," he said.

"It was so clear. The third one you can discuss whether the ball was to the hand or the hand to the ball. The other one was so clear it was unbelievable. But with this referee, it is impossible to get two penalties away from home.

Don't get me wrong, Fergusons an old goat and regularly oversteps the mark and is probably well worth his ban but he AND others have said much worse and got away with it so why did the media create such a furore this time? Must have been a slow week

Rafa was cited but cleared. Yes both fall under personal abuse, but there is a massive difference between the two.

TheGreatRambo

Quote from: Rafa on November 12, 2009, 02:57:59 PM
I'm sure £20,000 is really going to hurt 'The Senile Scottish Alcoholic'.

Senile - Check
Scottish - Check
Alcoholic - Check.

QuoteYou make a point of calling Rafa 'The Fat Spanish Waiter' everytime you can. This phrase is what makes my skin crawl when it comes to the English media as it shows their absolute contempt for anyone foreign in the game or anyone foreign in general in fact.

The fact that a so-called fellow 'Irishman' has succumbed to this pathetic, unintelligent, lowest form of racist wit angers me greatly. And an Irishman, no less, who I am lead to believe comes from the same part of the country as me.

It shows, just like those English subhuman tabloid writers, you are in fact not interested in Benitez as a manager but you just don't like him as a person and will use whatever xenophobic bullshit you want to tarnish him.

This just dawned on me Rafa, u take insult to Benitez being called FSW (see above) but its ok to call Fergie 'The Senile Scottish Alcoholic'.

Double standards methinks

Rudigar

Quote from: TheGreatRambo on November 12, 2009, 04:09:38 PM

Senile - Check
Scottish - Check
Alcoholic - Check.

QuoteYou make a point of calling Rafa 'The Fat Spanish Waiter' everytime you can. This phrase is what makes my skin crawl when it comes to the English media as it shows their absolute contempt for anyone foreign in the game or anyone foreign in general in fact.

The fact that a so-called fellow 'Irishman' has succumbed to this pathetic, unintelligent, lowest form of racist wit angers me greatly. And an Irishman, no less, who I am lead to believe comes from the same part of the country as me.

It shows, just like those English subhuman tabloid writers, you are in fact not interested in Benitez as a manager but you just don't like him as a person and will use whatever xenophobic bullshit you want to tarnish him.

This just dawned on me Rafa, u take insult to Benitez being called FSW (see above) but its ok to call Fergie 'The Senile Scottish Alcoholic'.

I think that was his point, it was ironic.

Rafa

Quote from: TheGreatRambo on November 12, 2009, 04:09:38 PM

Senile - Check
Scottish - Check
Alcoholic - Check.

Oh Jesus  ::)

You're quick...

ross4life

Senile - Check
Scottish - Check
Alcoholic - Check.

Rafa you must be both a alcoholic & senile when you picked that username?  like any one called fergie here? & your name will look even more stupid when we leaves liverpool & joins some 2nd tier Spanish team
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: EC Unique on November 12, 2009, 02:45:25 PM
At least they afforded him the respect he deserves:

QuotePeter Griffiths QC, chairman of the FA's four-man regulatory commission, said: "Each member of the commission recognised Sir Alex Ferguson's achievements and stature within the game.''

2 match ban and a pocket change fine is a small price to pay to highlight a problem that needs to be addressed.

I said a few weeks ago he would get a touchline ban....I was told I didn't know what I was talking about  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: EC Unique on November 12, 2009, 12:28:07 PM
Quote from: full back on November 12, 2009, 12:22:18 PM
I would say the problem will be getting a buyer for him.
He hasnt had many performances which stand out & would catch the eye of a prospective buyer.

Fergie might give him a few games between now & January in th hope that he raises his profile so we* can get a decent price for him in January.
The other option is to let him sit in the reserves :-\

I think he only cost £16million so I think money back or even a profit. He is not up to Utd standard and this is the que to move on.
:D :D

You'll Never Walk Alone.

full back

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 12, 2009, 05:11:37 PM

QuotePeter Griffiths QC, chairman of the FA's four-man regulatory commission, said: "Each member of the commission recognised Sir Alex Ferguson's achievements and stature within the game.''

2 match ban and a pocket change fine is a small price to pay to highlight a problem that needs to be addressed.

I said a few weeks ago he would get a touchline ban....I was told I didn't know what I was talking about  :D

Lucky guess LL
You still dont know what you are talking about ;)

supersarsfields

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 12, 2009, 05:12:14 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on November 12, 2009, 12:28:07 PM
Quote from: full back on November 12, 2009, 12:22:18 PM
I would say the problem will be getting a buyer for him.
He hasnt had many performances which stand out & would catch the eye of a prospective buyer.

Fergie might give him a few games between now & January in th hope that he raises his profile so we* can get a decent price for him in January.
The other option is to let him sit in the reserves :-\

I think he only cost £16million so I think money back or even a profit. He is not up to Utd standard and this is the que to move on.
:D :D

£1.6Million might be closer!!  :D

ross4life

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 12, 2009, 05:11:37 PM

looking back on the fergie interview he didn't say alot wrong to be honest (i've seen him say alot worse & get away with it) the ref even told rooney he needed a break with all the running around!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Nani joined for a undisclosed fee! could be any amount & i bet united is still paying the fee

Nani is only 22 (living in Ronaldo's shadow would be hard for any player)

IMO this game was the turning point in Ronaldo's career http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/6371333.stm
that game Ronaldo was only 22! & from then on he became the superstar he is today (scoring 42 goals the following season)

i'm not saying Nani will be as good as Ronaldo (half as good i'll be happy)but he needs more time, & needs to keep out of the media or he'll just be another tevez  ::)