Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: mrdeeds on September 25, 2016, 11:34:48 AM
So we now know our final line up. Castlerahan or Ramor?

It's a hard one to call tbh.
Both are strong overall teams with very little if any weak links in their starting line-ups and both have impact subs whom can come on and make a difference.

Denn Forever

Thank you Northern sound. It is the Town end and the other is the Saggy/flaggybottom
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mrdeeds

Any more word on a manager? Declan Bonner and Dessie Farell linked. Not the standard of candidate I was hoping for at start of process.

Itchy

Quote from: mrdeeds on October 07, 2016, 07:56:13 AM
Any more word on a manager? Declan Bonner and Dessie Farell linked. Not the standard of candidate I was hoping for at start of process.

Yes,none of the candidates that are left are better than what we had last year. What a mess.

FermGael

Banty according to the Belfast Telegraph
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

yellowcard

Is that not a sell out from Banty moving to Cavan?

mrdeeds

Quote from: yellowcard on October 08, 2016, 12:20:20 PM
Is that not a sell out from Banty moving to Cavan?

Banty likes bucks. Thankfully it's not nailed on. The Scotstown manager still favourite.

Westside

Scotstown manager will be with Scotstown until they exit the Club Championship... May be a factor.

Banty is an extremely 'meh' appointment and it certainly won't inspire the players from the get go.

mrdeeds

Banty would be am awful appointment. Another cracker in Breffni. The county board's books will be very healthy this year with replays.

Itchy

Wearecavan quoting a source close to Banty admitting defeat.

mrdeeds

Colm Keyes said Mattie McGlennan has it.

Westside

It's McGleenan according to his nephew. At least it's not Banty!

So what all do we know about him? Not a fan of an extremely defensive game plan anyway..

mrdeeds

Had won three Monaghan club championships in four years. Guided Pats Armagh to first Mcrory in over forty years so he has pedigree.

cavanmaniac

Don't know much about him but whatever noises I've heard have been positive. He's a rookie at intercounty management level but hopefully he can hit the ground running. There really isn't an awful lot to speculate about until the games start and we get a look at how he sets the team up. Does anyone have any spies around Scotstown?

Tyrone Gaa

Cavan has got a good man in Mattie.  He's an excellent coach, I'm not sure who he has in his backroom team but will need their assistance with the tactical side of things in my personal opinion.  Hope it all works out for you, (apart from against Tyrone)  8)
Living the dream!!!