Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

The Cavan v Derry game is live on Linwoods Armagh TV at a cost of £3

http://www.armaghgaa.net/armaghtv/
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Westside

Wasn't very impressed with the U21s in Longford on Friday, very little in the way of defensive organisation or kickout strategy. In terms of personnel Liam Galligan looked lively and was at the centre of a lot of Cavan's goal chances. Hayes looked good in the first half and our No. 7 (name escapes me) got on a lot of ball.

Listened to the interview with Lynch on WeareCavan the next day and he has said that the team has played more games than they have done training sessions and freely admitted that they haven't worked on a kickout strategy or defensive gameplay and that this far they have been just putting out 15 lads to express themselves.

Itchy

Well considering they are not training much they are doing well to make the final. Only thing is there is not the same steely defence so far but maybe in time it will come.

rodney trotter

No harm in moving away from the steely defence approach at U21. It's just a grind. Cavan have won 4 U21 titles playing that way and lost narrowly to Donegal last year.

Could win another 5 U21 titles that way, producing the same type of player. A bit more flair is needed.

claff25

Good afternoon - My Grandmother was Packie Devlin's sister. Her name was Mary Ward and she was married to Thomas Ward from Donegal. They lived there for sometime (Lough Eske) before moving to Glasgow and the moving to Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania USA which is near Philadelphia. They are both deceased. Mary passed in 1985 and Thomas in 1988. They had eight children.

John Ward (lives in Glasgow)
Ellen (Lena) Friel (lives in Rosemont, PA)
Mary Kirwan (lives in Exton, PA)
Kathleen McClafferty (lives in Havertown, PA) - my Mother
Thomas Ward (deceased - lived in Ardmore, PA)
Alice Flanagan (lives in Pottstown, PA)
Vincent Ward (lives in Newtown Square, PA)
Michael Ward (lives in Bryn Mawr, PA)

You can friend me on Facebook (Mark McClafferty) and I can introduce you to some relatives, etc. My Mom (Kathleen) and Aunt Lena will be the best resources to get more info on the family.

Ollie

Anybody travel to Omagh last weekend? Should we be able to beat Derry at home? What about the u21s? Bad result especially by that margin.

cavan4sam

I was in Omagh, very hard to make a judgement on where we are from that game as the conditions were very wet. Going up I was happy if we were able to stay with what I consider to be 1 of the top 5/6 teams in the country and we did that. Could have actually sneaked a draw at the end if we had taken a couple of point chances. Niall McDermott got a bad groin injury in the first half. Will be out for a while by all accounts.

Not sure how we will get on against Derry. I've heard they are very good at kicking long range scores and that could help them against a Cavan team which invite the opposition on to them. Hopefully we will have a bit more fire power up front v Derry and get the win.

Ollie

So that's Niall McDermott and Niall Murray added to the injury list. Rory Dunne and Jason Mcgloughlin are also a big loss.

cavan4sam

What injury has Niall Murray got? Was wondering why he wasn't involved on Sunday. Has turned into a very important player over the last year or so.

Blue in hope

Niall Murray out for the Derry match but hopes to be back for the next match v Meath.

Ollie

Murray has become an integral part of the team. Although injuries always seem to be a problem with him. Do you envisage many changes for the Derry game? Johnston to start maybe? he'll need all the game time he can get to be fully sharp come the summer.

Any truth in the rumours linking G McKiernan to the Gaels?

beer baron

I wouldn't be surprised to see O' Connor start this weekend. Fed off scraps last week but well able to win his own ball, at one stage last week he went up for a ball,apparently smothered by 2 Tyrone men and came out with the ball. He's dangerous too and i'd say he's ahead of Johnston in the pecking order currently.

Ollie

Quote from: beer baron on February 04, 2016, 03:13:06 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see O' Connor start this weekend. Fed off scraps last week but well able to win his own ball, at one stage last week he went up for a ball,apparently smothered by 2 Tyrone men and came out with the ball. He's dangerous too and i'd say he's ahead of Johnston in the pecking order currently.

Yeah O'Connor is worth a starting place. He's full of determination. Is Dillon fit?

cavan4sam

Not sure what the story is with Dillon, wasn't togged in Omagh. I'd be hoping we have a bit more fire power in the forward line tomorrow and hopefully that means that O'Connor, Johnston and Tom Hayes all get decent game time. Mossy Corr is back after suspension and I think Liam Buchanan should be fit to tog out too which gives greater options around the middle of the field.

I can see pretty much the same back line starting. Mossy coming in at midfield and a couple of changes in forward line.

cavan4sam

Team in Full:
1. Raymond Galligan (Lacken)
2. Padraig Faulkner (Kingscourt)
3. Killian Clarke (Shercock)
4. Killian Brady (Mullahoran
5. Ciarán Brady (Arvagh)
6. Conor Moynagh (Drumgoon)
7. Feargal Flanagan (Butlersbridge)
8. Tomas Corr (Denn)
9. Gearoid McKiernan (Swanlinbar)
10. Martin Reilly (Killygarry)