Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue in hope

Ciaran Brady from Gowna is to be the new Cavan Gaels Manager

rodney trotter

Managed Arva this year, bit of a surprise choice.

rodney trotter

Johnston not recalled, Packie Leddy called up for the first time, Philip Tinnelly of Kingsourt , very good player, surprised he has never featured under age. Mickey Lyng back too http://www.hoganstand.com/Cavan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=203715

Westside

Was the full squad named in the Celt? Shocked to see only 3 new additions, in a good way. Packie definitely has something to offer the Senior team. Bit odd to see Lyng back in especially given that Terry was reluctant to use the more experienced members of the panel last year. Hopefully he'll have something to offer the team. It'd be fantastic if he could even come close to reviving his career to the extent that Mackey and Clarke.

Itchy

Good call by Terry on Johnstone. There is just no way back for him in Cavan. Surprised with inclusion of Lyng, has he been that impressive this year - I'm not sure.

tommysmith

Quote from: Itchy on October 30, 2013, 06:24:58 PM
Good call by Terry on Johnstone. There is just no way back for him in Cavan. Surprised with inclusion of Lyng, has he been that impressive this year - I'm not sure.

No harm in taking a look at Lyng and giving him the chop if not up to it but that should be the same for everyone else.

rodney trotter

Says in that article Lyng played under Val Andrews in 2012, which is wrong, as he was one of the 6 dropped by Andrews in 2011 along with Johnston and co. Lyng wasn't able to give the commitment this year due to working in Mayo, but he played well this year with the Gaels and would be a great addition if he stays fit. Great centre forward when on song.

Itchy

He is still in Mayo I think so what is different now? It will be hard for him to give the commitment from over there.

rodney trotter

Shouldn't be that hard if was able to give the commitment to playing for the Gaels for the past 2 years, not as big but still lots of time into club football training. He did some travelling as well for a while too.

Westside

If you're bringing in unfulfilled potential I would have thought Ray Cullivan worth a go.

rodney trotter

Cullivan is a very talented player and would be worth another look, but he is very greedy which is noticeable too, Lyng always picks the right option and is easily the best centre forward in Cavan when at his best.

packiedevlin

I think Cullivan has had enough chances. I dont think he would be any addition in the squad and is attitude is certainly in question.

rodney trotter

Cullivan had some good performances this year with Lavey, tried to do it all at by himself, at the same time. Still 25, very talented under age, was a key player with DCU for a few years. But never really did it at Co Level and left the panel twice in past. Lyng did too, but Lyng has proved himself at County level before.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: packiedevlin on October 31, 2013, 01:36:42 PM
I think Cullivan has had enough chances. I dont think he would be any addition in the squad and is attitude is certainly in question.

Agreed. Looked a great prospect early on but his attitude and indeed some stupid acts on the field mean he wouldn't be making my panel.

rodney trotter

There was calls on here a while back for Gaynor to be recalled to the Cavan panel, he is 4 years older then Culivan and has done numerous stupid things