The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Quote from: omochain on August 08, 2017, 03:53:57 AM
Now the Cavan boys will not like that!!!

We have Bill O Reilly for our sins.

stew

Trump has the stock market the highest it has ever been, more money is in my 401K than ever before, he scored a big win over N Korea in getting a billion tacked on to the already crippling sanctions, he even got the Chinese and the Russians to vote with him in a unanimous, historic decision.

The great state of Wisconsin has billions being added to its economy, not to mention thousands of jobs comma two car companies have decided they're coming to build vehicles in the States. The coal industry has got a shot in the arm and West Virginia miners are back at work doing what they do best, I could go on and on but the fact of the matter is the economy is in tremendous shap,  unemployment is at a low not seen in ages and there is confidence within the American consumer in Donald J Trump.

Emmanuel is going to bend over here after the courts get at him, he would be better served fixing the political corruption in his City, and maybe support the policing bodies on his city, oh wait. 
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

You mean the jobs numbers and stock market numbers and trends that Trump alleged was all a sham during the campaign?

I'm assuming this is all NOT a mere continuation of the trend from the Obama years??

And how is Trump going to make Emmanuel "play ball"? Is their suit meritless?

Coal is finished. But if the West Virginians want to destroy their landscape and environment and work at the mercy of the Murrays and Blankenships of this world for another few years, let them.

screenexile

But Trump said all the job numbers were fake during the campaign . . . are they not fake now then?

J70

One also wonders what exactly Trump has done that should earn him much, if any credit, for this stuff?

Are there legislative accomplishments we are not aware of?

heganboy

Quote from: stew on August 08, 2017, 11:57:16 AM
Trump has the stock market the highest it has ever been, more money is in my 401K than ever before, he scored a big win over N Korea in getting a billion tacked on to the already crippling sanctions, he even got the Chinese and the Russians to vote with him in a unanimous, historic decision.

The great state of Wisconsin has billions being added to its economy, not to mention thousands of jobs comma two car companies have decided they're coming to build vehicles in the States. The coal industry has got a shot in the arm and West Virginia miners are back at work doing what they do best, I could go on and on but the fact of the matter is the economy is in tremendous shap,  unemployment is at a low not seen in ages and there is confidence within the American consumer in Donald J Trump.

Emmanuel is going to bend over here after the courts get at him, he would be better served fixing the political corruption in his City, and maybe support the policing bodies on his city, oh wait.

I think the solar eclipse is responsible for all of this.
Let's see how your 401k looks post first term.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

stew

Quote from: J70 on August 08, 2017, 10:46:31 AM
And days go by following yet another attack on muslims (pipe bomb in Minnesota) and not a word from Trump. Can you imagine if it had been a white Christian church being targeted by muslims?

What is your point here? Muslims walked into a Catholic Church in France and lopped the head of a Priest saying Mass, attacks in and on Churches are reprehensible no matter who is getting attacked.

White Christian Church? I did not know that was a thing!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Quote from: stew on August 08, 2017, 10:27:53 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 08, 2017, 10:46:31 AM
And days go by following yet another attack on muslims (pipe bomb in Minnesota) and not a word from Trump. Can you imagine if it had been a white Christian church being targeted by muslims?

What is your point here? Muslims walked into a Catholic Church in France and lopped the head of a Priest saying Mass, attacks in and on Churches are reprehensible no matter who is getting attacked.

White Christian Church? I did not know that was a thing!

You know very well what my point is, especially as you've defended Trump on this count before.

Trump has itchy twitter fingers when it comes to any terrorist act or act with the appearance of terrorism that looks like it may have been perpetrated by muslims.

When muslims, on the other hand, are the targets or victims... crickets.

CiKe

Quote from: stew on August 08, 2017, 11:57:16 AM

Can't remember where I saw the article but the cars deal in Wisconsin and Walker came in for huge criticism. Supposedly is annual cash outlay and not tax rebate, the number of jobs created is unconfirmed and even if they were created, would be at cost of $1mn per job or something like that. Didn't sound like such a good deal for Wisconsinites who won't be working for these companies

seafoid

The stock markey is a Ponzi scheme controlled by the 1%. Prices are insane. Banks make SFA on lending and prices are at record levels.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Franko

So now the fat orange buffoon has pushed the whole world to the brink of nuclear war with Pyongyang.  Watching him sitting yesterday with the full pout and arms folded talking about "fire and fury" was f**king cringeworthy.

How did this absolute f**king IDIOT get to be the leader of the free world?

whitey

Quote from: Franko on August 09, 2017, 10:22:47 AM
So now the fat orange buffoon has pushed the whole world to the brink of nuclear war with Pyongyang.  Watching him sitting yesterday with the full pout and arms folded talking about "fire and fury" was f**king cringeworthy.

(1) Large swaths of the population are uneducated buffoons

(2) The alternative candidate was one of the most unpopular and corrupt people in America

(3) The media gave him $3.5 B in free airtime in an attempt to help help Hillary.....the old pied piper strategy

Franko

Quote from: whitey on August 09, 2017, 10:52:33 AM

(1) Large swaths of the population are uneducated buffoons

(2) The alternative candidate was one of the most unpopular and corrupt people in America

(3) The media gave him $3.5 B in free airtime in an attempt to help help Hillary.....the old pied piper strategy

Possibly.  But if you remove point number 1, points 2 and 3 become irrelevant.

seafoid

Polarisation
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

punt kick

Fair play to him - should we let this nutjob arm himself to the teeth.