The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

WTF was Winjaldum at with the last one? Should have stuck the boot through it instead of stooping for a weak header. Shocking defending all around, especially sickening after cruising through the second half.

On the plus side, Salah looked very good, although he needs to work on the finishing when flying in from the right side. Thought Henderson controlled the midfield very well in the second half.

But, the main story is the defending. If Van Dijk is not going to be an option, they need to get the finger out this week one way or another.

Oh, and what was Klopp at with the subs? Was there a need to take T-A off in a tight game? Or Milner for Salah, who was causing havoc?

heganboy

I'd say there was one eye on the hoffernheim game
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

stew

Liverpool are a joy to watch going forward but they cannot defend to save their lives, i have never seen a team of this calibre struggle so much against a set piece.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: heganboy on August 12, 2017, 04:17:44 PM
I'd say there was one eye on the hoffernheim game

You'd think then they'd be able to defend then? Took a punt today with Chelsea and Liverpool in the bet!!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gabriel_Hurl

No one gives a continental f**k about your bets

quit yo jibbajabba

Boycey

Another £3 down the swanny...  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on August 12, 2017, 05:27:43 PM
Another £3 down the swanny...  ;D

Fiver!! Watford could end up like Leicester
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armamike

Quote from: J70 on August 12, 2017, 04:07:45 PM
WTF was Winjaldum at with the last one? Should have stuck the boot through it instead of stooping for a weak header. Shocking defending all around, especially sickening after cruising through the second half.

On the plus side, Salah looked very good, although he needs to work on the finishing when flying in from the right side. Thought Henderson controlled the midfield very well in the second half.

But, the main story is the defending. If Van Dijk is not going to be an option, they need to get the finger out this week one way or another.

Oh, and what was Klopp at with the subs? Was there a need to take T-A off in a tight game? Or Milner for Salah, who was causing havoc?

It's groundhog day, again and again.  Liverpool chucked something like 15 pts away last season conceding late goals.  Crazy that it's allowed to continue.  There's a fear and uncertainty in the players at the back. Bad decision making and not  enough conviction in attacking and clearing the ball.  I'm not sure one signing will solve the problem.  Seems to be simple mistakes being made by different players each time, which suggests that the players aren't being coached in the basics of defending, or it's not being drilled into them week after week on the training ground.

Klopp messed up with the subs. At the time i couldn't understand why he wanted to take TAA in injury time and unsettle a defence that was actually doing well. Gomez more or less with his first touch gives away a dangerous free which led to the corner and the goal.
That's just, like your opinion man.

StGallsGAA

The investment in Van Dyke at a suggested £60m would add about £50m to the value of Liverpool's defence!   ;D

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: StGallsGAA on August 12, 2017, 07:56:12 PM
The investment in Van Dyke at a suggested £60m would add about £50m to the value of Liverpool's defence!   ;D

The bob monkhouse of the liverppol thread. I dont know how you keep producin them chap. Promise youll never stop

dclane

You have a serious problem StGalls.
Did you not get enough love off your Mammy when you were young?

Anyway what's the guy from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang got to do with Liverpool's defence?

StGallsGAA

Quote from: dclane on August 12, 2017, 08:16:31 PM

Anyway what's the guy from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang got to do with Liverpool's defence?

...ach  maybe you 'pool fans are just a wee bit tetchy at the min!  lighten up!!  ;D

dclane

Quote from: StGallsGAA on August 12, 2017, 08:23:19 PM

...ach  maybe you 'pool fans are just a wee bit tetchy at the min!  lighten up!!  ;D
I'm not a Liverpool fan. I just think you have serious issues.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: dclane on August 12, 2017, 08:28:21 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on August 12, 2017, 08:23:19 PM

I'm not a Liverpool fan. I just think you have serious issues.

I think you've serious issues as you're posting a lot on Liverpool and Utd threads and not interested in both teams