?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

Wednesday 7 May - Rangers v Motherwell.
Saturday 10 May - Rangers v Dundee United, Falkirk v Inveress, Hearts v Kilmarnock, Motherwell v Aberdeen, St Mirren v Gretna
Sunday 11 May - Celtic v Hibernian
Wed  14th may UEFA FINAL
Saturday 17 May - Motherwell v Rangers (rearranged game, postponed earlier in the season), Inverness v St Mirren, Kilmarnock v Falkirk
Monday 19 May - St Mirren v Rangers (rearranged game, postponed earlier in the season).
Thursday 22 May - Aberdeen v Rangers, Dundee United v Celtic, Hibernian v Motherwell (all fixtures moved from May 18)
sat 24th  SFA cup final

Before next season the SPL should sit down and come with some plan that they can activate should teams get stretched playing in some competition representing the SPL.  But no way should they should give 5 minutes more to Rangers than what Celtic got just a few years ago.

magickingdom

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Main Street on May 06, 2008, 08:13:50 PM
Before next season the SPL should sit down and come with some plan that they can activate should teams get stretched playing in some competition representing the SPL.  But no way should they should give 5 minutes more to Rangers than what Celtic got just a few years ago.

In fairness they couldnt legislate for what happened to poor Phil O'Donnell and that knocked out a few games. Motherwell's pitch problems have also been exceptional this season. Rangers themselves have a cheek complaining anyway IMO. They were the ones who lost a game by requesting a week off before their final CL game and they also had a home game postponed due to a water logged pitch (surely a club of that size should have adequate pitch protection) and were taken to a replay in the cup by Partick. They should stop whinging and get on with it.

Rav67

Quote from: T Fearon on May 06, 2008, 12:39:48 PM
I wont tempt fate, but it should be a brilliant occasion, especially if the huns drop points to either Motherwell and/or Dundee Utd.If the Huns were to lose both these games then the Bhoys can clinch the title on Sunday...dream scenario I know. ;D

Heading to the game as well Tony, here's hoping!  I think they might draw one of these two games, I'd be delighted with that.  As long as we go full pelt from the off on Sunday and try and score first half I think we should beat Hibs, they didn't impress me that much against Rangers on Sunday.

T Fearon

No doubt an early (Celtic) goal will settle both the team and the fans, and might just blow the Hibees out of the  water, allowing us to add to our goal difference.

By the way I'm flying over on Sunday and sailing home after the game, due to cost factors. Hows that for devotion to the cause. ;D

PS Look out for my brick on the lisbon Lions Stand wal, about half way down ;)

Dannymcfella

No doubt rearangers will suggests to the SPL and the entire free world that we transfer from a 7 day week to a 9 day week so they can get an extra few days rest between games!! ::)

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Its getting ridiculous now, Scot manager Burley comes out in support of Rankers getting an extension!

Lifted the following from another forum:

Scotland manager George Burley has criticised the Scottish Premier League fixture list for failing to help Rangers ahead of the Uefa Cup final.

"I think it's ridiculous that I'm naming the squad and Rangers still have seven games to play," he said ahead of Scotland's game with Czech Republic.

-------

Eh, if they postponed one or two more, then they'd STILL have 7 to play, George ... or am I missing something? Does he want the SPL to just award the 3 pts to Rangers for a few of the games, so they maybe only have 4 left to play? No idea what point he's making TBH.

The bit in bold is priceless!  ::)

Mon the Hoops

Tbc....

clarshack

the huns are sh*tting it big time but its all their own doing. one of the games they had postponed to help them in the champions league was against gretna ffs. even if they were to win both tonight and sat (which they wont) aberdeen will do them over in the last game anyway. there is no way that they will win 5 league games in a row with a uefa final to worry about as well. they're not man utd or chelsea!

T Fearon

The Bhoys are on offer to-day at 5/4 against winning the title. Sounds like a decent bet to me ;D

Main Street

It might sink to 1/6 later on tonight ;D
If you believe then take it now.

T Fearon

Bad result last night, and it looked so promising for 70 minutes or so. Nevertheless the Huns had another energy sapping, nerve wracking 90 minutes ;D

T Fearon

Was astonished to read in Tony Hamilton's column in this week's View, of the Motherwell Club DJ playing "Gypsies Tramps and Thieves" to wind up Celtic's support last week. As he pointed out there is a difference between having a laugh and being downright offensive. What would the late Phil O'Donnell make of this? Also I wasn't aware that there was tension between Motherwell and Celtic given the past history of transfers between the Clubs and Mark Mc Ghee is their current manager ???

clarshack

Quote from: T Fearon on May 08, 2008, 10:22:13 AM
Bad result last night, and it looked so promising for 70 minutes or so. Nevertheless the Huns had another energy sapping, nerve wracking 90 minutes ;D

i think they'll drop points on saturday. dundee utd are a decent side and the huns will surely be watching themselves with the uefa cup on wednesday. the only good thing about last night was that they didnt reduce the goal difference by much.

illdecide

Tell all the Huns you know that Manchester's not far to go!
They'll be shagging Gail Platt in Roy Croppers flat,
While we're winning 3 in a row ;D ;D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: T Fearon on May 08, 2008, 10:29:03 AM
Was astonished to read in Tony Hamilton's column in this week's View, of the Motherwell Club DJ playing "Gypsies Tramps and Thieves" to wind up Celtic's support last week. As he pointed out there is a difference between having a laugh and being downright offensive. What would the late Phil O'Donnell make of this? Also I wasn't aware that there was tension between Motherwell and Celtic given the past history of transfers between the Clubs and Mark Mc Ghee is their current manager ???

No need to be astonished, the fact is the fans of pretty much every other club hate both sides of the Old Firm. You might think Motherwell fans like Celtic due to "the past history of transfers" between the clubs but in reality Im sure Motherwell fans are sick of losing their best players to the usual suspects who then complain about the lack of a challenge from the clubs theyve just raided ???.