Roy Keane Hype

Started by Leo, November 27, 2007, 09:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

behind the wire

doesanyone agree with me that that lad jones that plays up front for sunderland is one of the best in the premiership?
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

whiskeysteve

Quote from: behind the wire on November 27, 2007, 03:47:43 PM
doesanyone agree with me that that lad jones that plays up front for sunderland is one of the best in the premiership?

yes, and we thought we'd lost the likes of henry for a while. then along comes big kenwyne, the saviour
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Leo

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 27, 2007, 02:38:34 PM
Quote from: deiseach on November 27, 2007, 02:08:29 PM
Quote from: Bensars on November 27, 2007, 11:37:46 AM
Slightly premature. Sunderland entered the bottom three, but 3 points wuld put them comfortably into mid table.

When you've got 10 points, three extra points represents a lot of work.

Just ask Tottenham, couple of weeks ago they were relegation candidates. One win and one draw later and they are mid table.
I think Sunderland will just about manage to avoid the drop this season, but only just.

Tottenham are a bit of a joke but a million miles ahead of Sunderland so not a very encouraging comparison.
Fierce tame altogether

Rav67

jones does look like a decent signing but that boy Etuhu in central midfield has no football in him at all.  McShane looked awful at the weekend too, surprising because he's been brilliant any Ireland games I've seen.

magickingdom

i hate roy rot, my dream is that he goes down with less than 15 points (i know i'm asking a lot) and says hello to mick on the way up  ;D

thewobbler

The ironic thing is that, to date, his club managerial record is on a par with that of the man he so famously took umbrage with in Saipan; good at a lower level, frankly not good enough in the top flight. I wonder who he'll blame for this.

Solomon Kane

He was over-rated as a player. He spent the equivalent of a season suspended - that does not make for a legend. He slagged his team-mates off on TV - what sort of a captain does that when that's what training sessions and dressing rooms are for? The same applies to his hissy-fit in Saipan. Unless he has seriously developed his people skills, as the pressure mounts something is bound to give. He has a massive will to win, which as well as being a strong quality is the reason I think he will fail as a manager.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Solomon Kane on November 27, 2007, 08:33:29 PM
He was over-rated as a player. He spent the equivalent of a season suspended - that does not make for a legend. He slagged his team-mates off on TV - what sort of a captain does that when that's what training sessions and dressing rooms are for? The same applies to his hissy-fit in Saipan. Unless he has seriously developed his people skills, as the pressure mounts something is bound to give. He has a massive will to win, which as well as being a strong quality is the reason I think he will fail as a manager.

Funny that, ask most United fans who the best players of the last 20 years were and they will most likely say Keane and Cantona.
I wouldnt say he was overated as a player. Slagging team mates makes you an asshole, doesnt say anything about your playing ability.
Nor does suspensions, well it says you were dirty, but you can be a great player and a dirty one too.

FYI, I do think he is an asshole and hope Sunderland go down.
Ask me holy bollix

Leo

Quote from: his holiness nb on November 27, 2007, 09:07:35 PM

Funny that, ask most United fans who the best players of the last 20 years were and they will most likely say Keane and Cantona.
I wouldnt say he was overated as a player. Slagging team mates makes you an asshole, doesnt say anything about your playing ability.
Nor does suspensions, well it says you were dirty, but you can be a great player and a dirty one too.

FYI, I do think he is an asshole and hope Sunderland go down.

Most Utd fans in Ireland, yes, most of whom will never have been to a match but are fed on a diet of TV hype.
Definitely a good defensive midfield British type of player - as far from world class as Liam Miller.
Fierce tame altogether

Gold

Quote from: Rav67 link=topic=5690.msg204463#msg204463 date=1196179532  McShane looked awful at the weekend too, surprising because he's been brilliant any Ireland games I've seen.
/quote]

u obviously didnt waste 50 euro on that Cyprus game like i did Rav--McShane--Brilliant??

And nobody ever mention David Connelly again--the wee insignificent piece of shit belongs under someones shoe--i will never 4give the spineless, gutless fruit for rolling that penalty down the middle like a fairy in 2002

what does mick mcarthy do in extra time when spain go down to 10 men due to an injury with the game there for the taking ?? "o, i know! i'll bring on that young gutless fairy boy, he looks nice in shorts"

dont talk to me
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Main Street

Quote from: Leo on November 27, 2007, 10:47:00 PM
Most Utd fans in Ireland, yes, most of whom will never have been to a match but are fed on a diet of TV hype.
Definitely a good defensive midfield British type of player - as far from world class as Liam Miller.
i don't have any time for Keane hype or Keanisms but that is simply absurd. Keane in his prime was a box to box player,
quite a different role to a defensive midfielder. In his prime he would have slotted into most teams on the planet who valued that type of player.
Brady and Giles were more rounded as in had more all round skills.

Leo

Quote from: Gold on November 28, 2007, 12:02:03 AM

what does mick mcarthy do in extra time when spain go down to 10 men due to an injury with the game there for the taking ?? "o, i know! i'll bring on that young gutless fairy boy, he looks nice in shorts"

dont talk to me

The same fairy boy signed by Roy Keane for Sunderland and who, Keane insisted all last year, should be in the Ireland team?
Fierce tame altogether

Croí na hÉireann

As Dunphy said on de telly last nite, Keane is trying to do the right things with Sunderland, he's trying to make them into a football team who are not afraid to show for the ball and pass it, unlike the rubbish u see in the Premiership week in week out. Problem is he has bought some duds and IMO has shown too much favourtism to Irish lads (probably thinking back to the chance Clough gave him and how grateful he was to be taken out of Cork, problem with that Roy is that not many have ur abilities and certainly not ur dedication and will to win). Again IMO Sunderland needs a better scouting network and Roy needs better personal to advise him on the qualities of players. In time I believe Keane will do as well if not better with Sunderland as O'Neil did with Leicester.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

magickingdom

Quote from: magickingdom on November 27, 2007, 06:33:38 PM
i hate roy rot, my dream is that he goes down with less than 15 points (i know i'm asking a lot) and says hello to mick on the way up  ;D

my dream lives on ;D, what a tosser of a manager and wait till united get their hands on them for the stephens day massacre...

Abble

theres some rubbish being written on here about RK....last one there took the cake "what a tosser of a manager".

i don't think its fair to be writing the man off so early on in his managerial career. I'm a liverpool man, however, i always looked forward to any chance of seeing him play. remember the shape of sunderland when he took this job on??....for his first job he wasnt afraid to take it on....if anyone seriously thinks he was going to take sunderland to the middle of the premiership in his first year needs their heads examining!! he's going ok...bit of bad luck with a couple of important players out at times with injury...

i believe he'll manage to keep them up