Euro 2008 - who to support?

Started by Galwaybhoy, November 21, 2007, 11:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galwaybhoy

Well seeing that Ireland didnt qualify, and now that we dont have England to watch and cheer against in every game who do we follow?

Czech Rep or Germany?  Both qualified ahead of us.
Croatia or Russia for knocking the English out?
Poland because well theres so many in this country?

I'd like to see the Czechs and Polish go far.  Maybe the Czech Rep could go the whole way, they were close enough in 96!

pintsofguinness

After tonight, Croatia all the way!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

An Fear Rua

Portugal,potentially a 'GREAT' team, so close in last two tournaments, could be magic and Dungannon should be fun
Its Grim up North

The Real Laoislad

Euro 2008 Qualifiers

Poland
Portugal
Greece
Turkey
Croatia  
Russia
Romania
Netherlands
Spain
Sweden
Czech Republic
Germany
Italy
France

Hard to know who too support....I once deflowered a Swedish girl so maybe them but i think because they have a good few Liverpool players i'll support Spain but i think the Germans will win it
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gerry

Have to support the local boys Poland, Surprise they could gather enough boys up for a team since there that many working here.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Owenmoresider

Don't see any reason why we should support Poland, just cos 200k+ of them decide to come here. There are surely more english people here, but you don't see us cheering for them!

Ultimately, couldn't care less really, may the best team win. Or the team I end up betting on.

Deal_Me_In

Surely France and Italy have to be the main contenders after all they were in the Final of the World Cup 18 months ago.

Goats Do Shave

Portuagal are probably the best team to watch!  ;)

Billys Boots

The Croatians were very impressive last night, some very tidy footballers on the side.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Great Leap Forward

Quote from: Billys Boots on November 22, 2007, 08:40:24 AM
The Croatians were very impressive last night, some very tidy footballers on the side.

Too true Billy. They showed up Gerrard and Lampard for what they are: Limited players capable of scoring a few goals.

Dinny Breen

Will support whoever I put money on....

But have a soft spot for the Dutch and Spanish and Croatia are a good side to watch...

QuoteThey showed up Gerrard and Lampard for what they are: Limited players capable of scoring a few goals.

Gerrard was pants last night, these guys are just over rated and over hyped, McLaren and the players will take the blame but the 5th estate have to share some of that blame, if it wasn't so well paid only a fool would take the England Managers job....

What odds the next manager being Italian?
#newbridgeornowhere

his holiness nb

You heard it here first, Turkey to win!
Ask me holy bollix

Loughers

Spain.  If Poland win there'll be a lot of boys getting no sleep with the neighbours, me included.

myball22

The Czech Republic are an aging team, a lot of decent third seeded teams would have beat them to qualification, the scots would have.

The competition is wide open really. France and Italy would be considered contenders.

FFS Greece won it last time!!