Will you take the Coronavirus Vaccine?

Started by bennydorano, July 20, 2020, 08:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you take the Vaccine?

Yes
No

trailer

Anyone who doesn't take this vaccine is a full time w**kstain and should not be allowed to move about freely in the population. They should be restricted from parks, and stadiums, and restaurants and festivals and sport and school and all those public spaces and places were you could get the virus or more importantly pass the virus on.

Nanderson

Quote from: trailer on July 20, 2020, 10:17:22 PM
Anyone who doesn't take this vaccine is a full time w**kstain and should not be allowed to move about freely in the population. They should be restricted from parks, and stadiums, and restaurants and festivals and sport and school and all those public spaces and places were you could get the virus or more importantly pass the virus on.
^^

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

GJL

Would be fearful of side effects given that it is being rushed through at a speed never seen before so corners could be cut. I'd be inclined to avoid it for the time being.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: bennydorano on July 20, 2020, 08:47:20 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 20, 2020, 08:30:43 PM
To answer the question, if I needed it - yes.

The best prevention is still to live an active and healthy lifestyle, no matter what. Simple things every day to keep the immune system live and kicking.
The 'if needed' approach is dangerous to the potential overall efficacy of the Vaccine I'd imagine? Hopefully Radiogaagaa will weigh in, but for the Vaccine to be truly effective I think it will need 70odd% take up ??? So I'm assuming we will all be asked to get immunised irrespective of how we're feeling.

70% is the herd immunity figure that's what they say will kill the virus via nowhere to go as a result

I don't imagine a scenario where we are all mass immunised really anyway to be honest. I know the UK has ordered 100 million doses of this Oxford creation so we'll see, I could well be wrong.

LeoMc

For a vaccine to work and provide "herd immunity" there is a responsibility on every one who can do so to take it to protect those who can't and who need that herd immunity.

Theralizumab and Thalidomide cast a long shadow and at a time when the focus is on how much money can be made and the Regulatory Authorities are "streamlining" approvals and circumventing standard processes I would have reservations until the long term safety data was available.

MayoBuck

Have got numerous vaccines previously when going travelling but I would be slightly apprehensive about getting a rushed through Covid vaccine.

Don't expect we'll be first on the list however so by the time it becomes widely available here I'll get it.

BennyCake

Quote from: armaghniac on July 20, 2020, 09:35:28 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 20, 2020, 09:27:13 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 20, 2020, 09:25:13 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 20, 2020, 09:23:24 PM
Nope.
Why?

Do I need a reason?

If you behave in a way which endangers other people, then yes you need an excuse at least.

We endanger people everyday in everyday life. I just won't be getting it. I have my reasons. Doesn't matter why, as I'll be considered a tinfoil hat wearer anyway. So let's just leave it at that.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: MayoBuck on July 20, 2020, 10:46:29 PM
Have got numerous vaccines previously when going travelling but I would be slightly apprehensive about getting a rushed through Covid vaccine.

Don't expect we'll be first on the list however so by the time it becomes widely available here I'll get it.
They'll be sure to trial it in the 3rd World before we see it.

armaghniac

Quote from: BennyCake on July 20, 2020, 10:46:48 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 20, 2020, 09:35:28 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 20, 2020, 09:27:13 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 20, 2020, 09:25:13 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 20, 2020, 09:23:24 PM
Nope.
Why?

Do I need a reason?

If you behave in a way which endangers other people, then yes you need an excuse at least.

We endanger people everyday in everyday life. I just won't be getting it. I have my reasons. Doesn't matter why, as I'll be considered a tinfoil hat wearer anyway. So let's just leave it at that.

Most of us do not endanger people deliberately,   we try and avoid doing this.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

gallsman

Quote from: Rois on July 20, 2020, 10:05:41 PM
Bro in law is a consultant in Edinburgh, says they are planning there for a vaccine being rolled out to NHS by October.

Is that the hospital or what the civil servants are saying, toeing the government lime? Be very surprised is is ready by then.

Gold

Quote from: gallsman on July 20, 2020, 11:13:14 PM
Bro in law is a consultant in Edinburgh, says they are planning there for a vaccine being rolled out to NHS by October.

Is that the hospital or what the civil servants are saying, toeing the government lime? Be very surprised is is ready by then.

Whats the story with travel to Barca? Im due there for a week from mid august. I see there are new lockdown measures in place....whats your advice?? Any advice appreciated!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Captain Obvious

What year?

Rossfan

Quote from: Windmill abu on July 20, 2020, 09:07:03 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 20, 2020, 08:53:00 PM
Yes once it's approved by the relevant bodies.

The relevant bodies might be Paddy Power & William Hill.

The Governments are definitely not relevant bodies when it comes to Vaccines.
Relevant medical bodies so.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM