Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorcs

I'd be interested in listening in to the St. Gall's game from Madrid as well...

CiKe

feck it, booked flights yesterday, off today and took monday off work. Come on the Galls! Liine up?

Gold

Quote from: CiKe on November 24, 2007, 09:35:55 AM
Liine up?

Cabbage is in goals as Ronnie G got injured in training

Philly Bish is starting top of the left to unsettle the cross backs with his power
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

pebble-dasher

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ONeill

The last I heard twas 2-9 to 2-2 to the Cavan outfit with time running out. Dunloy scored a goal with their first kick and their second late on.

maxpower

Dunloy were well beaten in the end by a slick Ballinagh team

We had got off to the perfect start when Rev goaled in the opening minutes and for a brief period we exerted some dominance without adding any scores.  Then the Cavan outfit took over, and although the goals we conceded came from errors Ballinagh deservedly took in an 8 point lead at the interval.

The second half was much more competitive with Benny Marron shoring up the half back line somewhat and the introduction of Lanky at full forward gave us a ball winning threat around the square, but we just exert dominance for any real length of time and the No15, & 11 and 14 always looked a threat.

To be fair to the Dunloy lads it was always going to be a hard task to beat an accomplished team that have won the Cavan div1 title but whatever chance they had was probaly lost with the injuries to key players, JJ McFerran has been a main source of goals but played with a broken finger and couldn't make the ball stick, Paudie Shivers got injured early on and though soldiered away had to eventually be replaced, David Birt had looked like the half forward most likely to win kick outs but had to be replaced early on with what looked like a dislocated shoulder.

But no gripes, the best team won.  Still an excellent achievement for the club to be competitive in 2 ulster finals in 2 codes and the management deserve credit for getting there
What happens next????

ONeill

So, it's Dunloy v St John's tomorrow night, followed by Lamh Dhearg v Dunloy on Sunday. Dunloy's exertions in the Ulster Championship will leave them mightily sharp and I can see he Johnnies being humbled before the Red Hands from Hannahstown are sent tumbling into the second tier. It has been all downhill since Lamh Dhearg's title winning season in the 90s and specifically since Buchanan retired.

A word of warning to Dunloy though. The same man has been looking mean and lean of late - don't be surprised to see a few of the class of '92 lining out on Sunday. I wonder will this be Cunningham's farewell gift/emotional swansong before moving closer to the graveyard on the Falls' Rd? Surely Cunningham won't want to be plying his trade in Div2 against the likes of a Mickey Rea-less Glenavy.

It appears that Lamh Dhearg's demise has been their defence, having conceded 280 points, more than any other side in the top two divisions. In fact only one side in Division 3 has conceded more - Lamh Dhearg 2.

SeanSouth

So O'Neill do you agree with players moving on a whim? Especially when they are relegated. There have been better player than Cunningham have played 2nd tier, in both codes.

ONeill

Quote from: SeanSouth on November 29, 2007, 09:43:02 AM
So O'Neill do you agree with players moving on a whim?

I'd doubt very much it will be a whim.

imtommygunn

Maybe for a new car/house then?

PlayWithTheWind

Dunloy  V St. Johns             Dunloy 29/11/2007 19:30 Paddy Quinn  
Cargin   VDunloy                 Cargin 01/12/2007 14:00 Brendan Toland  
Lamh Dhearg  V  Dunloy       Lamh Dhearg 02/12/2007 14:00 Gregory Walsh  

3 games in four days  after a very long season - fair play to them

Is Buchanan taking LD next year?
I heard a certain St.Johns man, O'Prey with the help of Mickey Boyle was taking over to bring them back up to div 1 football!

As for Cunningham, it would not surprise me but would he make the St Galls team?!
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

maxpower

Probaly a brave decision to go with the 3 games in four days, but hopefully the lads can get the 2 results this weekend to get themselves out of relegation trouble. If Dunloy can pick up points against either St Johns tonight or Cargin on Saturday then it will make Sundays game with Lamh Dearg a real crunch game.
What happens next????

milltown row

well Max i hope our seniors put out the same team they put out for Lamhs the day half of them went off to Castlewellan to play sevens. would only be fair. may even get a run out  ;D