Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

I won't be rating King as a person - it has nothing to do with this board. I will only comment on him as a player and in terms of his ability to be Cavan manager.

Hollow Man

OK, keep to "comments on him as a player and ability to be Cavan manager."

Wait a second ??? WHAT IS THIS?

QuoteRemember when he tried to sell photos of the 97 team letting people think the money was for the county board when he was pocketing the lot.

???

Does implying* that he defrauded people have anything to do with his playing ability? His ability to manage a football team? I thought not.

Once again, and I don't like saying this, but the Hollow Man's gut instinct has been proven right on you myles.

*NOTE: You actually didn't 'imply' anything, you openly stated that King mislead people and took their money. Just wanted to clarify that.

anglocelt39

Begod Hollow Man but you're a man of many talents, daytime TV correspondent and now, it appears, barstool lawyer to boot. Just as a matter of interest could you answer me a question if it's not too much trouble. How far back did you have to delve to uncover this fascinating posting that you've just quoted from Myles. I'm a kind of getting a picture here of a lad with a bit of time to spare. Surely there's some oul satellite shopping channel out there doing omnibus re-runs of your hero Orpah's shows that would better occupy your time. Away with ye now like a good gauson and maybe you could write up a report on  a few Ramor fixtures for everybodys sakes.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Hollow Man

QuoteJust as a matter of interest could you answer me a question if it's not too much trouble. How far back did you have to delve to uncover this fascinating posting that you've just quoted from Myles

One page. :-*

mylestheslasher

Listen Hollowman, this is the last time I am going to reply to you directly, you are like a dog with a bone. I come on here to talk about football not to rate people or answer your every stupid question. Now, I think a candidate for the county Job ripping of the county board is relevant when deciding if that same person is suitable for the job. I don't really want to go on about it any more as the mods will be after me - but I am 100% certain of the facts of what happened since I even bought a line or two in the raffles for those photos, plus I know what the publicans of Killeshandra did with those pictures when they found out the truth. Now for christ sake let it go or go back to hoganstand - whichever is easier for you. I have had a belly full of your muck for one week.

ps - You might have gone back one page for that last quote but you went to a different thread for ammo on the previous attack you made on me.

boojangles

Hollow Man.Back off.You'r turning the thread into Catch Myles out.

JMohan

What about Gerry McCarville as manager?
Didn't he do a good job with Cvaan Gaels?

anglocelt39

Just as a matter of interest could you answer me a question if it's not too much trouble. How far back did you have to delve to uncover this fascinating posting that you've just quoted from Myles

One page.

Ah jasus hollow child you get more disappointing by the minute, I mean you sourced that "information" reasonably quickly and that is the actual best use you could make of it? Maybe you need to hire a scriptwriter/assistant. What are you majoring in during transition year by the way, afternoon telly or legal studies for beginners................

Mr. Pain

Myles you were caught out there but Anglo Celt you just keep digging. You tried to be smart and Hollow Man showed you up. Seriously, think of a response before you type. Mr. Pain thinks you need to get up very early in the morning to catch Hollow Man, very very early!
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

The Bottom Brick

Like it or not Myles, this is NOT the place to say things like you said about King. It's all well and good having a bit of craic and slagging but that is out of order, regardless of what you may know, simply because it is an anonymous attack. I don't think you would say it to his face.

You also should be careful with this thing of "I heard from a friend", like in the alleged Phil Smith wedding conversation.

There are a few wind-up merchants on here; lads, let's just get on with talking football.

Mickey Moran was mentioned on here, looks like he is interested in Antrim, so we'll hardly get him... Anyone else been mentioned? Who within the county could get it? Terry Hyland? Ciaran Brady? Bernard Morris? Stephen King?

How many clubs are represented on here now as a matter of interest?

Redhills
Ballyhaise
Lacken
Drung
Cootehill
Cornafean?
Ramor
Killeshandra
Bailieborough?? Where is Tierworker??
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

mylestheslasher

Aren't all comments on the board anonymous? Haven't we all "attacked" Keoghan over the past year on his competence to manage Cavan. Don't presume to know what I would or even have said to someones face. Anyway, I'm done talking on the issue.

Mr Pain - may I ask what your club is, I believe you refused to tell us before?

Thatstheball - there is a contributer from Denn on here too (Denn Forever), Definetely one from Cornafean, then there is Lawrence of Knockbride who has gone missing (I presum he is from Knockbride, but you never know with the popularity of the bould Larry) think that might be it but there are a few that post the odd time that never stated where they were from.

Was watching Donaghy and Cushin there for Cork and Kerry and it got me thinking who is the tallest player in Cavan, playing at a decent level? Anyone got any ideas? A tall atheletic man on the square can cause some chaos with the right ball in.

anglocelt39

Mr Pain would be far better at getting the rise out of posters if he wasn't such a harmless oul fecker at heart......

Bricks question as to new bossman the more I think about it, it probably needs to be somebody from outside the county. There is no absolutely outstaning candidate inside the county and I'd be afraid that any internal appointment would be indebted to some of the movers and shakers (if that's the appropriate expression) at county board level. Theres a big clean up job to be done and the new man needs to be starting from a position of strength and taking shite from nobody-players or officials. Also needs to be somebody who will stay the distance for three or four years as we badly need a bit of continuity to allow players to be brought through on some sort of a planned basis. Very impressed with what McGeeney (and Grimley........) ended up achieving at Kildare with a limited enough bunch of players and as for Wexford.........so there is hope but big changes required.

Also like to see some of the emerging types on the local scene (Graham, Morris, King if he's willing to be in the background) brought into the setup with a view to being groomed for more responsibility later on. Where's Ray Cullivan now-he had some success with Pat's at Rannafast level, coaching over in Longford or some such?

The Bottom Brick

Not all comments are anonymous because some people's identity is well-known, or easy to figure out.

To be honest Slasher, criticising Keogan as a manager is a long way from accusing someone of what you have accused King of. We all now plenty of shady stories about different football people from around the county, but nobody else posts specific things like you have, bar the odd vague lock-in story. I'm not trying to be a p***k here but I think your comment has no place on this board and if you don't remove it, I'll report it to the moderator.

Back to the football conversation. Ray Cullivan has a lot of experience as a manager but, again, not all that much success. If we could get his son back on the team and firing on all cylinders we would be better off!

33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

Celt_Man

Just heard Ballymachugh beat Drumalee by a point with a last minute goal in the Intermediate Qualifiers.... that ballymachugh through to play Killeshandra and ourselves against Killinkere next weekend.... and Drumalee in the relegation playoff along with Swad and Laragh and possibly Killinkere as well...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

mylestheslasher

Quote from: The Bottom Brick on August 10, 2008, 08:44:21 PM
Not all comments are anonymous because some people's identity is well-known, or easy to figure out.

To be honest Slasher, criticising Keogan as a manager is a long way from accusing someone of what you have accused King of. We all now plenty of shady stories about different football people from around the county, but nobody else posts specific things like you have, bar the odd vague lock-in story. I'm not trying to be a p***k here but I think your comment has no place on this board and if you don't remove it, I'll report it to the moderator.

Back to the football conversation. Ray Cullivan has a lot of experience as a manager but, again, not all that much success. If we could get his son back on the team and firing on all cylinders we would be better off!

Have it your way brick - I deleted the relevant section from my post. I think everyone has the jist of my comments anyhow so to keep the peace consider it done.