Diarmuid not going to Boston After all

Started by GaaFanatic123, June 13, 2018, 07:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaaFanatic123

Just heard that Connolly was refused entry into America last night!!
Cant say Im not surprised considering how strict they would be and surely they would have been waiting for him with all the media coverage!!
I just wonder now will he make the comeback for the Dubs now!! I personally hope he does!

Shamrock Shore

Surely pre-clearance in Dublin would have avoided that. Perhaps another load of nonsense rumour that seems to follow Diarmuid.

ardtole

I doubt the boston  globe has been covering the Connolly to Boston saga. I doubt any of the US immigration officers would have a clue who he is.

MoChara

What grounds would he be refused on? As far as I know hes no criminal convictions?

galwayman

Quote from: MoChara on June 13, 2018, 08:58:03 AM
What grounds would he be refused on? As far as I know hes no criminal convictions?
No idea if this story is true or not. But to answer the question - was he not convicted of a pub assault in the last year or two?

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: galwayman on June 13, 2018, 09:01:05 AM
No idea if this story is true or not. But to answer the question - was he not convicted of a pub assault in the last year or two?

He avoided a criminal conviction. He was being pursued though the civil courts by the victim for damages. Don't know if that case has been resolved.

GaaFanatic123

They can refuse who they want at emigration if they believe someone is travelling into the Country to receive American dollars and its a well known fact he aint going for free! Many Gaa men have been turned before at emigration for having full football gear in the bags!

screenexile

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on June 13, 2018, 09:33:11 AM

They can refuse who they want at emigration if they believe someone is travelling into the Country to receive American dollars and its a well known fact he aint going for free! Many Gaa men have been turned before at emigration for having full football gear in the bags!

Yeah people get refused entry all the time for very flimsy reasons!! I had a mate who works for an American company and was heading over for meetings with all the correct paperwork who was refused because they thought an American should have been capable of doing the job he was going out to do . . . US immigration is pretty messed up!

This situation hardly helps Connolly's case I'm sure he was looking forward to getting away from the bubble in Dublin where he's talked about all the time... What happens next?!

Farrandeelin

Any confirmed reports or is it all rumours?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cunny Funt

No confirmation of this i don't think its wise to be starting a thread on this topic based on hearsay and speculation

johnnycool

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 14, 2018, 01:09:14 PM
Any confirmed reports or is it all rumours?

Is he not just back from a wedding in Portugal?

Jetsetter is Diarmuid.

LeoMc

Quote from: ardtole on June 13, 2018, 08:10:33 AM
I doubt the boston  globe has been covering the Connolly to Boston saga. I doubt any of the US immigration officers would have a clue who he is.
You would be surprised. Any of the Dublin based Officers in pre-clearance seem to have a right knowledge of all things Irish.

longballin

Reminds me of the lad from Tyrone was sent back at immigration after being told, "You wouldn't have made it any more obvious if you'd arrived in a hard hat on a dumper."

armaghniac

Sure can't he ring Jamie Clarke for advice, he gets a visa no problem.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Ball Hopper

Heard a few students who got the tourist visa rather than the J-1 were turned back at Dublin Airport.  Seems the officers knew they planned to work as the lads were discussing it on social media.  Dunno how they trawl social media to find these things, but it seems they do.