Sports Funding in NI

Started by Evil Genius, August 16, 2020, 07:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

The point is BB, and has been since the start of this thread, that when the question is raised as to why Gaelic Games receives more capital funding than other sports in NI, it's because a significantly greater number of GAA clubs are eligible to apply for funding, than soccer clubs.

Eligibility criteria is based around the likelihood of a grant recipient subsequently fulfilling a suitable project or programme. Which fundamentally boils down to proof of pudding.

This is not bigotry. It's a fact.

Rossfan

With BB anything that's not "Soccer good Gah bad" is in his view "bigotry".
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: thewobbler on October 18, 2020, 11:23:33 AM
The point is BB, and has been since the start of this thread, that when the question is raised as to why Gaelic Games receives more capital funding than other sports in NI, it's because a significantly greater number of GAA clubs are eligible to apply for funding, than soccer clubs.

Eligibility criteria is based around the likelihood of a grant recipient subsequently fulfilling a suitable project or programme. Which fundamentally boils down to proof of pudding.

And we all agreed on that. Then you went into zoomer mode. You claimed that 99.9% of soccer clubs in the 6 have no coaches, don't register with leagues, have no bank accounts, no officers and so on. That is an astounding amount of shite talk.

thewobbler

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 18, 2020, 01:47:24 PM

And we all agreed on that. Then you went into zoomer mode. You claimed that 99.9% of soccer clubs in the 6 have no coaches, don't register with leagues, have no bank accounts, no officers and so on. That is an astounding amount of shite talk.

I never said anything remotely close to that.

You want so much to be offended that you are prepared to exaggerate anything and everything .

Listen we are not in the pub, where I can't prove what I said an hour ago. We are on a forum of dated posts. Go back through this relatively short thread for 2 minutes and it's clear who the "zoomer" (whatever the f**k that is) is.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: thewobbler on October 18, 2020, 01:53:29 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 18, 2020, 01:47:24 PM

I never said anything remotely close to that.

You want so much to be offended that you are prepared to exaggerate anything and everything .

Listen we are not in the pub, where I can't prove what I said an hour ago. We are on a forum of dated posts. Go back through this relatively short thread for 2 minutes and it's clear who the "zoomer" (whatever the f**k that is) is.

Quote from: thewobbler on October 07, 2020, 04:15:10 PM
He refuses to accept that the majority of soccer teams in NI are unconstituted, have no grounds, no members, and in a lot of cases, no bank account.  Which means that these ones are ineligible for any public grant.

He is is also unwilling to accept that unless a club owns property (or has a long term lease) then it is immediately ruled out of all capital grants (which is obviously where the majority of funding lies).

All in all there's only 40-odd soccer clubs in NI that can qualify for a capital grant, only 40-odd rugby clubs in NI that can qualify for a capital grant, but some 400-odd GAA clubs that can legally qualify for a capital grant.

The disparity should, if an  uh hung, be greater

thewobbler

So your understanding of the "majority" is 99.9%?

Away and take a break you mad man.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: thewobbler on October 18, 2020, 03:30:19 PM

You said 40 clubs. There are 1,000+. Thats 99.99%.

You are a bluffer snd bullshitter

thewobbler

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 18, 2020, 04:38:39 PM

I immediately retracted that as a mistake and alluded to the previous post I made where I said 90.

—-

You have said 99.9%.

You're a very bitter human being.

—-

Hold on: edit.

You are now trying to declare that I said there were 40 soccer clubs in NI. I said there were circa 90 clubs with their own facilities.

This is short thread. It's remarkably easy to follow.

You don't get to rewrite what I said.

—-

You're not just bitter. There's a sadness in how you write that's hard to describe. You are not well.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: thewobbler on October 18, 2020, 04:44:05 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 18, 2020, 04:38:39 PM

I immediately retracted that as a mistake and alluded to the previous post I made where I said 90.

—-

You have said 99.9%.

You're a very bitter human being.

—-

Hold on: edit.

You are now trying to declare that I said there were 40 soccer clubs in NI. I said there were circa 90 clubs with their own facilities.

This is short thread. It's remarkably easy to follow.

You don't get to rewrite what I said.

—-

You're not just bitter. There's a sadness in how you write that's hard to describe. You are not well.

You said there were 40/90 clubs in tbe 6 eligible for grants as the rest didn't have officers, bank accounts and whatnot. There are over 1000 soccer clubs in the north. Do your sums.

This is demeaning beyond belief

thewobbler

1. There is nowhere near 1000 soccer clubs in NI. One article without sources that made absolutely no effort to different between teams (Ballymena, Ballymena 2nds, Ballymena 3rds, Ballymena 4ths) and clubs (Ballymena) is not a factual record.

2. There are around 90 clubs in NI who have their own grounds and therefore would be eligible for a capital grant.

3. Why are these two things so hard for you to understand?

4. Why do you continually try to twist everything I'm saying?

5. Please please please try to understand that although you might prefer association football, you do not have to jump into every thread that mentions this sport, and start swinging punches before understanding why soccer is being discussed.

Champion The Wonder Horse

I played for three soccer clubs in different junior leagues in the north.

Two of the three owned one kit each; the third owned two. Along with a few balls and water bottles, that was their entire inventory. This appeared to be the same for every club in each of the leagues, given that all the games we played every week were on council pitches.

None of the three I played for had a bank account.

thewobbler's figure may not be 100% accurate, but it is a much more accurate representation than anything BB2 has come up with.

tiempo

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on October 18, 2020, 06:07:05 PM

Two of the three owned one kit each; the third owned two. Along with a few balls and water bottles, that was their entire inventory. This appeared to be the same for every club in each of the leagues, given that all the games we played every week were on council pitches.

thewobbler's figure may not be 100% accurate, but it is a much more accurate representation than anything BB2 has come up with.

Wobs figure is 99.9% accurate, BB2 ge yer head a wobble

Godsown

Quote from: tiempo on October 18, 2020, 06:23:44 PM
Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on October 18, 2020, 06:07:05 PM

Wobs figure is 99.9% accurate, BB2 ge yer head a wobble

Not sure why Wobbler even bothers engaging these eejits. If truth be told a significant number of GAA clubs not only own their own grounds but would have 2/3 pitches and all maintained to high standard

Rossfan

No no no.
Soccer good Gah bad.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Baile Brigín 2